Official European Football 2011/2012 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

VideoKilledThe wrote:HOLY SHIT! AGUUEEERROO!!!
Carlos who?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

I could see Aguero as top scorer in the Prem this year. He's never had a player like Silva to give him service, but he can also create something out of nothing like you saw today. Dude is pure class and the only guy I could see beating him is RVP, but you have to wonder if Arsenal will be able to reproduce Cesc's playmaking in the final third. With all that said, I probably jinxed those two and Kenwyne Fucking Jones will take it.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

His biggest hurdle will be getting Mancini to play attacking football. Kun and Silva looked like they had a special connection. Plus I think Dzeko is much better when he has another forward to play off of.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Req wrote:lol what were they singing?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... senal-fans
This. Kinda catchy...

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ulAZCDmTb4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ulAZCDmTb4?version=3&hl=da_DK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXAZJ28s1rU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXAZJ28s1rU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:arrow:

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Robbie Keane joins LA Galaxy - his boyhood club. Good luck, Keano. Cheers for sending us down last season. :cheers:

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

i hope that udinese knock out arsenal, should be interesting.

elohim

Post by elohim »

vinylpops wrote:<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXAZJ28s1rU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXAZJ28s1rU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:arrow:
ARS'NAL BLUD'Y ARS'NAL?!?! HOLY FUCKING :arrow: BATMAN
dirtee wrote:i hope that udinese knock out arsenal, should be interesting.
Maybe last year.. But I just don't see it. Udinese gutted their squad pretty good. No Sanchez, Inler or Zapata

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Stoned Starks wrote:I could see Aguero as top scorer in the Prem this year. He's never had a player like Silva to give him service, but he can also create something out of nothing like you saw today. Dude is pure class and the only guy I could see beating him is RVP, but you have to wonder if Arsenal will be able to reproduce Cesc's playmaking in the final third. With all that said, I probably jinxed those two and Kenwyne Fucking Jones will take it.
Uh, Rooney? Dude's been back on point for a while now. Obviously they've got an embarrassment of riches, but I could see Rooney do it.

Arsenal are fucked. They'll finish top 6, but they've got no chance at the league. Again, I like Liverpool to step into the top 4 this season.

Obviously Barton kinda looked shitty, but I haven't seem anyone mention that he was intentionally stamped on earlier in the game and nothing was done. It all worked out in the end, but it was a shame that Gervinho had to pay the price.

City looked great in the second half yesterday. Aguero was a monster. If anyone had any second thoughts about moving Tevez you'd think those are out the window now. It's a shame because I really like Tevez, but they've obviously brought in an extremely talented replacement.

Great first weekend, it's only going to get better. On to the Champions League.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

jamrage wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:I could see Aguero as top scorer in the Prem this year. He's never had a player like Silva to give him service, but he can also create something out of nothing like you saw today. Dude is pure class and the only guy I could see beating him is RVP, but you have to wonder if Arsenal will be able to reproduce Cesc's playmaking in the final third. With all that said, I probably jinxed those two and Kenwyne Fucking Jones will take it.
Uh, Rooney? Dude's been back on point for a while now. Obviously they've got an embarrassment of riches, but I could see Rooney do it.
Rooney's role is different than it was a few years ago though, when he was scoring all those goals. He's more of a playmaker now than a finisher, but thats more about the players around him than anything to do with his finishing which is still great. The real problem for anyone on United is that they have Rooney, Berbatov, Nani, Young, Hernandez, Valencia, Welbeck. The goals are gonna be spread around and I don't think one player will have enough to really challenge Kun or RVP.

Req

Post by Req »

:lol: @ the acronym at the bottom

F.U. MOOLAH

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

udinese deserved (at least) a draw...

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

I wonder what Wenger will do now, to avoid signing a CB...Sheesh.

I actually can't believe Gunners managed two consecutive clean sheets; that said, we need someone other than Rosicky as a starting option. He's well past it.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Stoned Starks wrote:I could see Aguero as top scorer in the Prem this year.
he did it in my season on PES :lol:
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Really good game today. The fact that an in-shape and nearly top form Madrid couldn't beat Barca, who came into the tie really under prepared, has made my day. Messi... there are no words. Similarly, Mourinho... I'm running out of them.

And not to rub it in the Gooner's faces but Cesc plays 15 minutes and wins some silverware.. welcome back!

elohim

Post by elohim »

<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUgOuzWvDfE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUgOuzWvDfE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jesus, what a faggot. Look at the :smugkid: look on his face

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I am so sick of these two teams. Everything about them. They are quite possibly the two most bitchmade clubs in any sport in the world. It only gets worse when they play each other because it's all on display. Everyone acts like they're fucking clueless and innocent. I fucking hate these clubs. Not that he did anything in particular but Dani Alves pisses me the fuck off.

Why does everyone act like such a faggot? I don't understand it. If you get tackled harshly and you're not seriously hurt, go punch whomever did it in the fucking throat, don't roll around like a pussy. If I got pinched like a bitch by a bitch and I knew who did it, I wouldn't slap them in the side of the head, I would punch his fucking lights out. Stop acting like a fucking bitch. Just once, I'd like to see someone pay for a tackle like that. Fucking fairies.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

stupidregister wrote: Fucking fairies.
Too bad for you, one is the champion of Europe. The last few minutes were pretty classless though.

Req

Post by Req »

I dont think you'll find 2 more annoying fucking faggots than Marcelo and Mascherano

love that it was Cesc who got the kicking at the end though

btw, Mourinho didnt pinch him

LOL
F.U. MOOLAH

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

stupidregister wrote:I am so sick of these two teams. Everything about them. They are quite possibly the two most bitchmade clubs in any sport in the world. It only gets worse when they play each other because it's all on display. Everyone acts like they're fucking clueless and innocent. I fucking hate these clubs. Not that he did anything in particular but Dani Alves pisses me the fuck off.

Why does everyone act like such a faggot? I don't understand it. If you get tackled harshly and you're not seriously hurt, go punch whomever did it in the fucking throat, don't roll around like a pussy. If I got pinched like a bitch by a bitch and I knew who did it, I wouldn't slap them in the side of the head, I would punch his fucking lights out. Stop acting like a fucking bitch. Just once, I'd like to see someone pay for a tackle like that. Fucking fairies.
:naswtf: something obviously needs to change in refereeing but to say the answer to diving or hard tackling is to fight back with physical violence is dumb. Look at Arsenal at Newcastle. Gervinho, for how little he did, is banned for two important games because he half hazardly followed your advice and barely connected with a slap that even Betty White wouldn't be proud of. Pepe did what you're talking about to a Getafe player a few years ago and got a 10 match ban. Any point you'd be trying to make wouldn't mean shit after something like that. Especially if you're an important player like Messi or Pepe.

Comedy Quaddafi

Mes que un cunts.

--------------------

Barca central defender Gerard Pique was clear in his opinion on where the blame lay.
"Someone has to take action on the matter. Mourinho is destroying Spanish football. There is talk about the Catalans, but the problem is with Madrid. I think it's going too far. It cannot always end well. In the end this will end very badly."
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:
stupidregister wrote: Fucking fairies.
Too bad for you, one is the champion of Europe. The last few minutes were pretty classless though.
It IS too bad, not just for me, but for everyone. Everything is marred by their (Barca) bullshit, on and off the field. It's a shame because the best player in the world (Messi) keeps his nose clean and there's never been any shit from him.
Stoned Starks wrote:
stupidregister wrote:I am so sick of these two teams. Everything about them. They are quite possibly the two most bitchmade clubs in any sport in the world. It only gets worse when they play each other because it's all on display. Everyone acts like they're fucking clueless and innocent. I fucking hate these clubs. Not that he did anything in particular but Dani Alves pisses me the fuck off.

:naswtf: something obviously needs to change in refereeing but to say the answer to diving or hard tackling is to fight back with physical violence is dumb. Look at Arsenal at Newcastle. Gervinho, for how little he did, is banned for two important games because he half hazardly followed your advice and barely connected with a slap that even Betty White wouldn't be proud of. Pepe did what you're talking about to a Getafe player a few years ago and got a 10 match ban. Any point you'd be trying to make wouldn't mean shit after something like that. Especially if you're an important player like Messi or Pepe.
I was just venting at the amount of bullshit that always follows these 2 clubs whenever they play. The last 2 years, but really since Mourinho, have been disgraceful, it's hard to watch them and I find myself rooting against all of them outside of Messi and Benzema.

Hard tackles are part of the game but being chopped down needs to be punished more harshly. I'm more upset with how childish these clubs act on the pitch and with the refs. Fuck them.

Also, I'm sick of Barca winning everything by playing keep away all game. I tune in to watch 2 teams play each other, not one team practicing their triangle passing.

Comedy Quaddafi

Falcao bought with the Aguero money. Hardly a step up for him, but I'm guessing Porto forced him to accept a contract.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Totally undersand where stupidreg is comin from. If Barca wasnt my team from the Rivaldo days it'd be hard for me to like them as well, especially with Busquets.

Kinda sad about Falcao. Was looking forward to a full strength Porto in the CL.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Freakin snoozefest going on at the Emirates....

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Freakin snoozefest going on at the Emirates....
tell me about it. Arsenal midfield has been SHIT today. This is insanity.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Vlad Analogue wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Freakin snoozefest going on at the Emirates....
tell me about it. Arsenal midfield has been SHIT today. This is insanity.
I'm pretty sure Arsene's head and ass have switched places. They should point a mic near his seat at the post game conference just to be sure.

Comedy Quaddafi

The two teams were even until the red card and Liverpool had a full squad while we're down to bare bones in midfield and defense. We won't win the league with the current crop of players but we will finish on top of Liverpool for sure. I'm a bit angry too but I wouldn't read too much in to this game.

Vermaelen is a proper rock in defense and when Frimpong gets more discipline in to his game he will be a massive player, Vieira Jr.

Chin up.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Yeah, Frimpong has some nasty in him which is something the club needs and I thought he played well albeit pretty reckless at times.

Arsenal just don't have the talent at the moment, I think that's pretty clear. They held their own but never looked like scoring and it's kinda scary when you replace one young guy with another even younger guy.

I didn't realize they phased out offsides in the EPL this year.

I never understood why there was talk of selling Raul Meireles. He's the shit and was one of their best players if not their best last year. Why was he considered surplus?

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:The two teams were even until the red card and Liverpool had a full squad while we're down to bare bones in midfield and defense. We won't win the league with the current crop of players but we will finish on top of Liverpool for sure. I'm a bit angry too but I wouldn't read too much in to this game.

Vermaelen is a proper rock in defense and when Frimpong gets more discipline in to his game he will be a massive player, Vieira Jr.

Chin up.
I hear it, friend. I don't think the season is lost at all. Frimpong is real deal, and I actually hope we get to see a bit of Lansbury this year. Arshavin was sloppy again, and it pains me to see Wenger stick to his substitution pattern when someone is having such an off day. Manu doesn't get sent if midfield enjoys better possession throughout the game. It was a frustration tackle. That's where it goes bad for me, this domino effect style of management. Wenger waits too long to make a decision sometimes, resulting in far too many baptism-by-fire scenarios for youngsters. When they fail, he's all :owens: at the press conference, talking about how wronged the side was. I think Campbell would have been nice to have in the side on a day like today, and I look forward to hearing from him in the future. Up Gunners.