NBA Third Round Blog Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

The Washington/Chicago series was supposed to be really entertaining, but I didn't watch it.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Psychosis Again wrote:The Washington/Chicago series was supposed to be really entertaining, but I didn't watch it.
About 3 games were

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

OMNI wrote:These playoffs have been crap except for any series the Mavs were in...
The Chicago/Washington and Indiana/Boston series were both very entertaining, maybe not every individual game but as a series they were fun to watch...

THe Detroit/Miami series is shaping up to be a mean one

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Psychosis Again wrote:^ They lost by 10 yesterday.
and they would have lost by more but they started hustling at the last minute. great timing, guys.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Shaq and Wade have started out on fire.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

For someone unable to watch the game on TV, ESPN's gamecast kicks ass. Even with my 56k diesel, it keeps me updated and the amount of detail (shot charts by player) is nuts.

go heat go

Shaq has made four consecutive foul shots

What's with Sheed and Billups getting Ts?

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Actually, Shaq has made 6 FTs in a row.

Sheed and Billups are retards getting those technical fouls. Sheed was subbed out and said something on his way to the bench. Billups takes a horrible forced 3 for no reason and then fouls Damon Jones when he gets the rebound and then argues with the ref.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Psychosis Again wrote:Actually, Shaq has made 6 FTs in a row.
I must have started watching the site game play by play when he was shooting #s 2 and 3.
Sheed was subbed out and said something on his way to the bench. Billups takes a horrible forced 3 for no reason and then fouls Damon Jones when he gets the rebound and then argues with the ref.
Thanks for the breakdown.

Who was Wade guarding tonight? Reason I ask is because he had 5 PFs.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Stupidregister is rite. THe pistons players whine after every call that goes against them. Damm literally like every call.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

an-also wrote:Stupidregister is rite. THe pistons players whine after every call that goes against them. Damm literally like every call.
It was so obvious in that game too. Every time they had a foul, Prince or Hamilton or Billups, whoever, would always look around like they've never committed a foul in their lives.

Mourning claps his hands once and gets T'd up right away but Wallace and Billups go for 10 minutes before they get the whistle. They were practically begging to get a T.

I think this game is a perfect example of why Shaq should have been MVP.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

T-Wrex, thoughts on the game?

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

DORD wrote:Who was Wade guarding tonight?

SYM

Post by SYM »

I would much rather see Dwayne Wade win the trophy at this point than Manu fuckin Ginobili.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

SYMantiks wrote:I would much rather see Dwayne Wade win the trophy at this point than Manu fuckin Ginobili.
I'd look forward to the potential match up.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

HipHoppin wrote:Sorry I fail to see Shaq's performance tonight as MVP calibre. He didn't do shit on defense this night. Well.... they did give the MVP to Steve Nash, who never plays D.
I know you love Wade, but Shaq was the reason they won that game. The Pistons tried single-coverage early on him and he ate them up even though he was clearly not 100%. That in turn opened up everything for everyone else. When they started to double-team, Wade, Jones, Haslem all started getting open looks because of Shaq's potential to dominate in the paint. Yeah 24 points and 6 rebounds isn't that great statitically but it was a perfect example of valuble he is because of how he makes his teammates so much better. He made everything in that game so much easier for the Heat even when he's not at his best physically. You still have to respect him even at 50%. He also had 5 assists and actually hit big free-throws down the stretch.

You look at Nash and he's playing pretty well, there's no dispute about that. But no matter how well he plays, they still lose. It's not even close really. How could he be the MVP if no matter what he does, no matter how well he plays, they still lose?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djm13

Post by djm13 »

stupidregister wrote:
an-also wrote:Stupidregister is rite. THe pistons players whine after every call that goes against them. Damm literally like every call.
It was so obvious in that game too. Every time they had a foul, Prince or Hamilton or Billups, whoever, would always look around like they've never committed a foul in their lives.

Mourning claps his hands once and gets T'd up right away but Wallace and Billups go for 10 minutes before they get the whistle. They were practically begging to get a T.

I think this game is a perfect example of why Shaq should have been MVP.
i like to call this the dikembe mutombo.........my man never commited a foul in his entire life

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Psychosis Again wrote:T-Wrex, thoughts on the game?
My thoughts....

Well.. I hate the 3 ref system. Im sorry, but any game with over 60 free throws is boring. I was even getting pissed off at the refs for calling fouls on Miami..

Shaq is the equivalent to playing bowling with a 24 pound ball.. he's just so huge, it almost seems unfair.. i dont think he even aims; he just catches it low, spins, tosses it up and runs away.. he doesn't even bother trying for an offensive rebound cuz if he doesn't get it, the other team will always have a 4 on 5 for a couple seconds.. and thats when people get caught out of position and foul out of necessity..

Sheed is overrated.. Everytime he touches the ball, all the white people in the house go SHEEEEEEEEEEEEED.. Why not RIIIIIIIIIP?.. Or BEEEEEEEEEEEEN?.. By chanting his name, you're only begging him to take bad shots..

I hope we don't overpay for Tayshaun during the offseason.. and Darko?.. ugh.. When Ben, Sheed and Dyess had their 4th fouls in the 3rd, I was thinking, "Jeez.. It's be nice to have CHRIS BOSH or even CHRIS KAMAN coming off the bench to sub right now.. not A PROJECT watching from the bench!" Elden Campell looks out of perportion.. his legs look smaller than his torso..

I wish we would've resigned Mike James after last season.. He was three times a better defender than Carlos "I make fancy passes but shoot worse than Jason Kidd" Arroyo..

Dwayne Wade is AMAZING.. Shooting 50% and just a cunthair under 30 ppg.. and 7.2 assists per game.. Jordan's best year (1989) he averaged 32.5 ppg and 8.0 apg.. Best playoff year (1992) was 35.0 and 6.0.. I can't wait to see this kid develop.. Oh.. wait.. We could've drafted him instead of PROJECT?!.. Fuuuck..

The turning point in this series was the jumping block from behind by Wade on Chauncey.. that play is the equiv to last years Prince block on Reggie..

Im not saying this series is over.. but.. Shaq makes everybody better.. and if Shaq is guarding Ben (who never tries shooting or driving), he's just saving his energy for the end of the game.. Somehow we've got to find a way to make Shaq move.. Maybe even start Campbell at C, Sheed at PF and Ben (who is only 6'8 and can shut down the whole weakside) at SF..

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

T-Wrex wrote:Dwayne Wade is AMAZING.. Shooting 50% and just a cunthair under 30 ppg.. and 7.2 assists per game.. Jordan's best year (1989) he averaged 32.5 ppg and 8.0 apg.. Best playoff year (1992) was 35.0 and 6.0.. I can't wait to see this kid develop.. Oh.. wait.. We could've drafted him instead of PROJECT?!.. Fuuuck..
last line=classic

great buildup

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

T-Wrex wrote:Maybe even start Campbell at C, Sheed at PF and Ben (who is only 6'8 and can shut down the whole weakside) at SF..
Whoa, let's not getting all crazy in the Motor City. At halftime, the Pistons were playing like crap and were still only down 2 so it's not like they're getting blown out like the Suns or something. I think in Game 1 against the Pacers, Ben had 20 points and was actually making outside shots. He's just not doing that against the Heat. They did a good job of working Shaq when they went to McDyess on like 3 straight possessions on the pick and roll. Wallace doesn't have the range of Dice, so they can't ever run that when he's in. But the thing is, the Heat will probably score on the other end. You can't just trade baskets like they did the whole game. Shaq was pretty unstoppable.

113 points given up by the Pistons at home, in the playoffs? When's the last time something like that ever happened?

Honestly, the whole team just looks like they're playing not to lose. They look scared at times, not playing like defending champs. But I think the Heat will win the series because of one simple factor - they play as a team. The reason the Lakers got killed last year was because everyone's ego got in the way. Here, they don't care who scores. Mourning comes off the bench, Rasual Butler shoots threes, Eddie Jones does his thing, Wade gets 40, they don't care. They move the ball, get it into Shaq, run when they need to run. The Heat and the Spurs are the two best teams in the league. That's who'll probably be there in the end.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

stupidregister wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:Maybe even start Campbell at C, Sheed at PF and Ben (who is only 6'8 and can shut down the whole weakside) at SF..
Whoa, let's not getting all crazy in the Motor City. At halftime, the Pistons were playing like crap and were still only down 2 so it's not like they're getting blown out like the Suns or something. I think in Game 1 against the Pacers, Ben had 20 points and was actually making outside shots. He's just not doing that against the Heat. They did a good job of working Shaq when they went to McDyess on like 3 straight possessions on the pick and roll. Wallace doesn't have the range of Dice, so they can't ever run that when he's in. But the thing is, the Heat will probably score on the other end. You can't just trade baskets like they did the whole game. Shaq was pretty unstoppable.

113 points given up by the Pistons at home, in the playoffs? When's the last time something like that ever happened?

Honestly, the whole team just looks like they're playing not to lose. They look scared at times, not playing like defending champs. But I think the Heat will win the series because of one simple factor - they play as a team. The reason the Lakers got killed last year was because everyone's ego got in the way. Here, they don't care who scores. Mourning comes off the bench, Rasual Butler shoots threes, Eddie Jones does his thing, Wade gets 40, they don't care. They move the ball, get it into Shaq, run when they need to run. The Heat and the Spurs are the two best teams in the league. That's who'll probably be there in the end.
In game 1, Ben played 44 minutes.
In game 3, Ben played 31 minutes.
That's an entire quarter difference.

But, last night, Billups was playing scared. Like you said, playing not to lose. He got a royal ass chewing after the 8 TO half in game 2. And how did he respond? Playing passively. Playing not to make mistakes.

I don't think the Pistons gave up 113 since Kelly Tripuka played forward for us.

Right now Miami has all the momentum. All the confidence. Detroit needs to have a killer first quarter on Monday or they should just throw in the towel.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I love that Sheed chant. In the first half, he was backing down Haslem as the crowd cheered. He kicked the ball out and got it right back, the crowd was chanting again and you just knew he was going to force up a bad shot and of course he did.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Oh and T-Wrex, about Shaq's offensive rebounding, I'm 99% it's the injury. He was among the league leaders in that category in the regular season. His defensive rebounding has also been lackluster. He's only had 1 game with 10+ boards in the last 7.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Psychosis Again wrote:I love that Sheed chant. In the first half, he was backing down Haslem as the crowd cheered. He kicked the ball out and got it right back, the crowd was chanting again and you just knew he was going to force up a bad shot and of course he did.
The SHEEEEEEEED only encourages his bad shots.

Cuz, he's thinking, "Well... If I make it... Then the crowd will REALLY be whipped into a frenzy.." But, ehhhh... I think people think too much about 'home court advantage'... These people are professionals... I don't think away people are bothered by a crowd's energy...

Score when you can, pass if you can't..
Don't get fancy.. Don't force anything..

That's why fundimental defense (San Antonio, Detroit) and good systems (Triangle Offense) wins championships.. and flashy play doesn't. It's a physical sport. It's not supposed to look fancy.
ImageImage
ImageImage

SYM

Post by SYM »

back to phoenix.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

that was an ILLLLLLLLLLLLLll block.

spurs had their chances before that though and blew it.

duncan's biggest flaw (FT shooting) rears it's ugly head again. however some of the FTs were so short, i had no choice but to wonder if his ankles were alright.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Unbelievable determination by Stoudemire, he just wasn't going to lose.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

HipHoppin wrote:
stupidregister wrote:Unbelievable determination by Stoudemire, he just wasn't going to lose.
It's just a shame it's 3 games too late. There's no way they'll win the next three in a row.
thats what they said about the dysfunctional Lakers last year...

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

i see the Suns taking game 5 at home, and then the series rapping up back in San Antonio gamr 6...4-2 Spurs.

but hey, nobody expected the Red Sox to win 4 in a row either...
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

amare made that about the most exciting 3 minutes of basketball I've seen in quite a bit.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

The block -- goaltending? who cares. Imagine having your hand underneath TD one handing it to the rim, that shit would shatter quick fast. Great fuckin game, Joe Johnson was a masked bandit.