NBA Thoughts (Playoff Discussions)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Cash Rulz wrote:I like the Pistons under Flip. I think he's not afraid to let them run offensively alot faster than Brown did. That is really what they need with Prince and Hamilton. Cause if they can penetrate they always have Billups outside to hit a big shot. They have an excellent bench, especially with McDyess, and then there's always Rasheed who when he's on, is a wrap. Defensively their starting 5 are all beast and can matchup with anyone in the league (other than Shaq, but he's slowly becoming a non-factor).

I think its their trophy this year.
everything u said is on point, but when playoff time comes, flip will have to adjust and be more defensive-minded, otherwise they'll lose if they rely on pushing the tempo up because i don't trust that bench - arroyo is inconsistent, evans is ok but could be a flash in the pan, mcdyess' knees are older, and the rest is history

i think indiana has to meld more but when they do they should be able to beat detroit in a 6 or 7 game series.
Nets 2022

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

YOU FORGOT ABOUT DARKO

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

an-also wrote:^^ Found the video link if anybody wants to see it.

http://www.stagenine.net/main/dynamic/v ... ZO_med.wmv
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

pistons 5-0!
ImageImage
ImageImage

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Looking like the best team in the league. Too bad they're not :sad:.

PS - Tell Detroit to stop bitching about clips on the jumbotron. Your city sucks. Take offense.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

reason is yellow wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:I like the Pistons under Flip. I think he's not afraid to let them run offensively alot faster than Brown did. That is really what they need with Prince and Hamilton. Cause if they can penetrate they always have Billups outside to hit a big shot. They have an excellent bench, especially with McDyess, and then there's always Rasheed who when he's on, is a wrap. Defensively their starting 5 are all beast and can matchup with anyone in the league (other than Shaq, but he's slowly becoming a non-factor).

I think its their trophy this year.
everything u said is on point, but when playoff time comes, flip will have to adjust and be more defensive-minded, otherwise they'll lose if they rely on pushing the tempo up because i don't trust that bench - arroyo is inconsistent, evans is ok but could be a flash in the pan, mcdyess' knees are older, and the rest is history

i think indiana has to meld more but when they do they should be able to beat detroit in a 6 or 7 game series.
They are naturally a defensive team. I don't think that will be an issue. There weak area seemed to be using their offensive weapons as effectively as they could.

The Pacers are a solid team with excellent talent, but I still see too much weakness in their bench and in their overall team defense. The have some excellent individual defenders, but as a whole they have some weak points.

San Antonio still poses a huge threat especially against Detroit being that B. Wallace is not an offensive player and does not place Duncan in foul trouble which Indiana can exploit with O'Neal. I think versus the Spurs the Pacers stand the best chance, but I don't think they'll get past Detroit.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

lol @ the pacers bench being weak. that's actually one of their strong suits. the problem i have with teh pacers is with the game on the line, who do you give the ball to? it used to be reggie. detroit has billups. miami has wade. i don't have the same confidence in jermaine or artest in a crunch time situation.

btw, the knicks suck. hopefully larry brown will figure out a rotation soon because it's chaos out there right now. plus i also want to use lack of a solid rotation as a legit excuse.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

If the Knicks can trade Marbury, Crawford, Q, Malik Rose, Maurice Taylor, Jerome James, and Eddy Curry their season will be saved.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

actually, quentin richardson's play has been a bright spot.

plays solid defense, rebounds, and has good inside play. he's even passed up on three point shots he probably would've taken in phoenix just so he can try to fit in larry brown's system.

and as much as i hate marbury, he is actually playing defense. first few games i was like wtf.

too bad the knicks suck monkey balls.

SYM

Post by SYM »

the rockets were looking pretty great last night....

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol @ the pacers bench being weak. that's actually one of their strong suits. the problem i have with teh pacers is with the game on the line, who do you give the ball to? it used to be reggie. detroit has billups. miami has wade. i don't have the same confidence in jermaine or artest in a crunch time situation.

btw, the knicks suck. hopefully larry brown will figure out a rotation soon because it's chaos out there right now. plus i also want to use lack of a solid rotation as a legit excuse.
sarunas could be that ginobili-like late game hero for us. he drove in for a LAYUP last game against the heat in the last minute to put us up for good...that was gangsta

but i think artest's post-up skill and strength should not be forgotten. if you remember, artest admitted that he "sometimes deliberately throws his arms with the ball into a defender's arms" because he knows he's so strong that he will get fouled instead of losing the ball
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

If Artest can improve his quickness and ballhandling, he'll be unstoppable. He needs to work on creating his own shot and knocking it down consistently.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

stupidregister wrote:Looking like the best team in the league. Too bad they're not :sad:.

PS - Tell Detroit to stop bitching about clips on the jumbotron. Your city sucks. Take offense.
:grin:

The only thing bad taste about it was the fact that "Detroit is an ugly city" joke has been flipped 6 million ways. Get some new material, Sac Queens.

I didn't get to se the game last night. 10:30 starts dont agree with my work schedule. But I heard it was good. Billups and Rip worked it the last 7 minutes.
ImageImage
ImageImage

an-also

Post by an-also »

i like detroits chances of comming out of the east. I picked the heat at first but thats if shaq stays healthy come playoff time.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

the central division is the deepest and best division in basketball
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

the pacers just demolished a real good nets team.

when i got home from work, i cringed at the score.

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

Why do Philly fans boo Kobe? I forget. I know there doesn't really need to be an answer beyond "Because they're from Philly" but I can't really remember. Something to do with the All-Star game he won MVP in Philly?

And I find it hilarious that Kobe gets it so bad from Denver fans, not because he (in their eyes) raped a girl, but because he raped a girl from Colorado.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

kobe's from philly. i think he claims philly but he really came from the suburbs so the people don't respect that.

i'm not entirely sure though.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Nets' Frank fined $25,000
November 9, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- New Jersey Nets coach Lawrence Frank was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Wednesday for failing to leave the court in a timely matter after Monday's loss at Miami.

Frank was also cited for verbal abuse of a game official by Stu Jackson, the NBA's senior vice president of basketball operations.

Frank was upset that Jason Kidd was called for a foul with 5.2 seconds left, and Dwyane Wade made a free throw to give the Heat a 90-89 lead. Frank then thought Wade fouled Vince Carter at the buzzer, and ran halfway across the court to plead his case.
tell me this little cracka doesn't have a point.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:the pacers just demolished a real good nets team.

Yeah, it really wasn't even that close.

John Salmons should be the starter at SF for the Sixers.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:kobe's from philly. i think he claims philly but he really came from the suburbs so the people don't respect that.

i'm not entirely sure though.
He's not even from there, he just went to HS there. He was born in Italy and some shit.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stupidregister wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:the pacers just demolished a real good nets team.

Yeah, it really wasn't even that close.

John Salmons should be the starter at SF for the Sixers.
kyle would be a dope 6th man
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LOL at 4 ppg scorer adonal foyle getting game-winning basket against knicks

GOD THE KNICKS ARE HORRIBLE

0-5 BABY
Nets 2022

vinylfiend

Post by vinylfiend »

Warriors looked pretty bad in this game but they still won the game, thats the difference from last year. The dubs are winning close games which they were not able to in years past.

Don't hate on adonal, hes got pretty good D, his offense is usually horrible but it was enough to win tonight.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

vinylfiend wrote:Warriors looked pretty bad in this game but they still won the game, thats the difference from last year. The dubs are winning close games which they were not able to in years past.

Don't hate on adonal, hes got pretty good D, his offense is usually horrible but it was enough to win tonight.
look the warriors look great (with baron) and playoff bound (if baron is healthy) but don't chalk up this game to that much of a difference in teams from this year's club to last year's rather than the fact that the knicks are fucking horrible and have scrubs like malik rose taking potential game-winners LOL
Nets 2022

vinylfiend

Post by vinylfiend »

true, they were all shooting bad tonight except for Murphy. Baron is not near 100% right now and it is definetly showing on the court. If he can stay around 100% health then GS has a good shot at the playoffs.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

What's Quentin Richardson's FG%?

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

WIZ WIN BY 40
holla at Andray Blatche returning to the lineup during garbage time to score five points...after he got shot!

And philly boos Kobe because the city is filled is disillusioned, heartless, dickheads.

SYM

Post by SYM »

Sankofa wrote:What's Quentin Richardson's FG%?

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

SYMantiks wrote:
Sankofa wrote:What's Quentin Richardson's FG%?
ouch

Any truth to the rumor he's got an adidas deal in the works?