Official Sports Betting Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

VerbalTec wrote:week 5, I dont like a lot of games this week at all. but this is around the time when its starts to get difficult. i'll take:

Seattle (+6.5) @ Pitt
Miami @ Houston (-6)
Baltimore (-4) @ SF
Arizona (-4) @ Rams

Lock of the Week:
Tampa (+10) @ Indy

good luck PF degenerates

Choke

Post by Choke »

VerbalTec wrote:
VerbalTec wrote:week 5, I dont like a lot of games this week at all. but this is around the time when its starts to get difficult. i'll take:

Seattle (+6.5) @ Pitt
Miami @ Houston (-6)
Baltimore (-4) @ SF
Arizona (-4) @ Rams

Lock of the Week:
Tampa (+10) @ Indy

good luck PF degenerates
What's great was this morning when I read your post, I agreed with all of your picks and I started responding to it saying "Wow, I agree with everything you wrote. I should immediately go put in a 5 teamer on the opposite of everything we like"

Then I canceled posting it because I didn't want to seem so negative.

SON OF A BITCH! Would have been the only good thing I'd have bet in weeks.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

hahahahahahaha. damn man, should have went with it. next week i might fade my own picks haha

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

basically whatever verbal tec picks go the opposite way and by week 16 you'll have enough money to buy a new car. :lol:

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

1 - 2 yesterday.. no bet tonight.. no bets this week..

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote:Last Week: 5-1 Overall: 11-6-1
L.O.T.W. last week: 1-0 Overall: 2-1

My picks this week:
Detroit +3.5 @ Washington
Baltimore -3.5 @ San Francisco
Green Bay -3 vs. Chicago
Dallas -10 vs. Buffalo
New York Giants -3.5 vs. New York Jets

Lock of the Week
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
Yikes 1-5. I'm an idiot again.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

do you guys bet through a site or do you have a legitimate bookie?

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

Nl5H wrote:do you guys bet through a site or do you have a legitimate bookie?
I havent bet since week one, Im getting back in the $$$ game this week. But yeah online books (although bookies still exist), online books offer better options (parlays, props, blah blah)although its more difficult to get your money there since the faggot Congress passed that port bill.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

VerbalTec wrote:
Nl5H wrote:do you guys bet through a site or do you have a legitimate bookie?
I havent bet since week one, Im getting back in the $$$ game this week. But yeah online books (although bookies still exist), online books offer better options (parlays, props, blah blah)although its more difficult to get your money there since the faggot Congress passed that port bill.
so fucking true, granted my issues are with a different form of gambling, and god I miss Party Poker

I think the UIGEA is a temp bill and legal online gambling will happen within the next couple years

moving money around, and getting money on is tough .. getting it out hasn't been too bad, though it takes 3x as long

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

My brother is in Vegas this weekend. I got him to put some money on
Texas Tech -9.5 vs. Texas A&M.

Tech could run away with it as they are a scoring machine, are at home, and Fran has had a tough week so A&M could be a bit unfocused.

I'd rather bet NFL, but my brother is leaving too early on Sunday to collect if we win.

NFL picks to come...

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

TCU -6 today

Choke

Post by Choke »

I'm getting murdered. I should charge people for my picks so they can fade them and become millionaires.

Holy shit am I bad at this.

Example, I swore I bet money on Ole Miss and Miss St. So I'm rooting for Ole Miss to cover 7 pts. When they do I get excited so I go online to bet the winnings from that on another surefire loser for the day and there's no money in my account. I never fucking bet it. Of course I DID bet Miss St who just failed to cover against Tennessee.

By the way of the games I have going on now I have ND +14, Arizona +21, Kentucky +10, North Carolina +7.5. None of these will cover, regardless of how good they look right now (which only AZ does)
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

Choke wrote:
By the way of the games I have going on now I have ND +14, Arizona +21, Kentucky +10, North Carolina +7.5. None of these will cover, regardless of how good they look right now (which only AZ does)
ye of little faith haha. good shit, hope you parlayed that somehow

Choke

Post by Choke »

haha, I didn't. But yeah, I was on fire in the afternoon. I tend to do that actually, stink it up in the morning and nail everything in the afternoon and evening. Why I still even make bets for the morning games is beyond me.

But yeah, anyway, I had Stanford also, and Oregon State with the points.

I didn't parlay anything except for one little three teamer that lost because of Arkansas. Nutt is the worst coach in the entire NCAA.

Anyway, even with the amazing finish, I still ended up down about 60 bucks on the day, but given how awful the beginning was. I literally began 2-8, I'll fucking take it!

Anyway, I bet the following for the NFL:

Bengals/Chiefs over 43 for $20
Bears -5 for $20
Packers -3 for $20
Pats/Cowboys over 52.5 for $40
Seahawks -6 for $20
Giants/Falcons over 43.5 for $60

then I parlayed (I never learn)

Eagles -3 (bought down the .5)
Eagles/Jets over 42.5
Texans +7
Texans/Jags over 37
Pats -6
for $20

and

Eagles -3 (bought down the .5)
Eagles/Jets over 42.5
Titans +3
Titans/Bucs over 37.5
Seahawks -6
for $20

Good luck guys.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote:My brother is in Vegas this weekend. I got him to put some money on

Tech could run away with it as they are a scoring machine, are at home, and Fran has had a tough week so A&M could be a bit unfocused.
Always good to start out your weekend with a win.
Final score Texas Tech 35 Texas A&M 7.

Last Week: 1-5 Overall: 12-11-1
L.O.T.W. last week: 0-1 Overall: 2-2

This week:
St. Louis +9.5 @ Baltimore
Philadelphia -3 @ NY Jets
New Orleans +6.5 @ Seattle
Oakland +9.5 @ San Diego

Lock of the Week
Arizona -4 vs. Carolina

Choke

Post by Choke »

jamrage wrote:
jamrage wrote:My brother is in Vegas this weekend. I got him to put some money on

This week:
Oakland +9.5 @ San Diego

Lock of the Week
Arizona -4 vs. Carolina
Can you still get AZ -4 anywhere? Or did you just bet it earlier. I'm so mad I didn't get it at 3.5 earlier this week (if that's the lowest it was). It was -6 the last time I saw it at Bodog, and I'm not as confident in it at that number.

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

YTD: 8-15-1 :wtf:

after taking a huge L last week, trying to rebound with another tough week of games.

Bungles at Chiefs (+3) - Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe and Gonzales against Bengals with that awful defense and no Rudi at Arrowhead.
Titans (+3) @ Tampa - Vince Young against that Tampa 2, Bucs running game against this Titans D...
Rams @ Baltimore (-9) - McNair will be sitting the fuck down hopefully and Boller will score at least one TD, the rest is on the defense.
Jets @ Eagles (-3.5) - Dont feel so great about this pick, but Westbrook is back. If he wasnt I'd stay far away.
Pats (-5.5)@ Cowboys - Rolling with the public on this one, I cant go against a rested, motivated Patriots squad even on the road. I cant do it fam!

Good Luck. get that $$$

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

McNair IS playing. Not that it matters. I may just put my $ up on everything opposite of what Tec said. :lol:

I like the Pats too over Dallas. I also like Cinn over KC.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

No money on the line this week so i'll probably go 10 - 0

Miami +4 No Jamal Lewis.. Cleo Lemon in the building.. Ronnie Brown rushes for big yards to a Miami win

Eagles -4 The Jets are the jets.. plain and simple

Arizona -6 I don't see this happening, but I can't abandon the Cards after all they've done for me.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

VerbalTec wrote: Bungles at Chiefs (+3) no Rudi at Arrowhead.

Rudi is playing, or at least is not on the inactive list this week.

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

VerbalTec wrote:YTD: 8-15-1 :wtf:

after taking a huge L last week, trying to rebound with another tough week of games.

Bungles at Chiefs (+3) - Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe and Gonzales against Bengals with that awful defense and no Rudi at Arrowhead.
Titans (+3) @ Tampa - Vince Young against that Tampa 2, Bucs running game against this Titans D...
Rams @ Baltimore (-9) - McNair will be sitting the fuck down hopefully and Boller will score at least one TD, the rest is on the defense.
Jets @ Eagles (-3.5) - Dont feel so great about this pick, but Westbrook is back. If he wasnt I'd stay far away.
Pats (-5.5)@ Cowboys - Rolling with the public on this one, I cant go against a rested, motivated Patriots squad even on the road. I cant do it fam!

Good Luck. get that $$$
bong! back in the $$$ game and hit em all, Vince Young's injury stole my glory tho

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote:

This week:
Oakland +9.5 @ San Diego

Lock of the Week
Arizona -4 vs. Carolina
3-3 last week, although I feel confident that Arizona would have covered had Warner not got all jacked up early on. C'est la vie.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

I've been on an incredible run in the nfl (and even buried college football friday and saturday) recently (my hottest stretch ever) and am now a ridiculous 20-8-3 on the season ATS. Unfortunately my college football and especially baseball picks have brought me down so I'm only up a few hund.

Leaning towards Rutgers tonight...undecided on that baseball game.

Choke

Post by Choke »

djm13 wrote:I've been on an incredible run in the nfl (and even buried college football friday and saturday) recently (my hottest stretch ever) and am now a ridiculous 20-8-3 on the season ATS. Unfortunately my college football and especially baseball picks have brought me down so I'm only up a few hund.

Leaning towards Rutgers tonight...undecided on that baseball game.
Start posting your plays man! I need someone to follow.

Already on Rutgers tonight.

Choke

Post by Choke »

Just to have something to bet, I parlayed

Connecticut +4 and Northwestern -10 tonight. Just a tiny $16 dollar bet.

Also,

I have the Rockies @ 30/1 to win the series from about 3 weeks ago.

Then I bet the Sox to win yesterday morning @ 7.5/1 for $35 as a mini-hedge in case they make it

I will probably bet the Indians in some capacity to win the series tomorrow. Still trying to figure out the best way to do this.

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

posting my NFL plays early this week, since I'll be away this weekend

12-15-2 ATS

Week 7 Picks:

Lines taken from BetJamaica:

Steelers (-3.5) @ Denver
Ravens @ Bills (+3)
Titans @ Texans (+1.5)
Jets (+6.5) @ Bengals
Colts (-3) @ Jags

Choke

Post by Choke »

Following this one guys system from my forums that basically fades the top 25 each week. It tends to do very well in the middle (and I think the end) of the season.

The last two weeks it's definitely in the positive. Now that I'm following faithfully, expect the top 25 to steamroll over their opponents.

Anyway, here are the games I'm betting (usually waiting til the last second gets you the best numbers as the public tends to bet the favorites)

Pitt +10
Indiana +7
Vandy +14
Alabama +1.5
Iowa State +30
Baylor +26.5
Miss St +25
Texas Tech +3.5
UCLA +2.5
Notre Dame +17
Ohio St +18.5
Maryland -5
Colorado +4
Washington +13
Illinois +1
Auburn +10

Good luck to uh, me.

oh I'm also betting Iowa +7, Clemson UN 62, Penn UN 53, Navy +3, Air Force -3, Miss +5, Houston -13, and UNLV -3

Basically way too many games to possibly expect to profit a lot.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Choke wrote:Following this one guys system from my forums that basically fades the top 25 each week. It tends to do very well in the middle (and I think the end) of the season.

The last two weeks it's definitely in the positive. Now that I'm following faithfully, expect the top 25 to steamroll over their opponents.

Anyway, here are the games I'm betting (usually waiting til the last second gets you the best numbers as the public tends to bet the favorites)

Pitt +10
Indiana +7
Vandy +14
Alabama +1.5
Iowa State +30
Baylor +26.5
Miss St +25
Texas Tech +3.5
UCLA +2.5
Notre Dame +17
Ohio St +18.5
Maryland -5
Colorado +4
Washington +13
Illinois +1
Auburn +10

Good luck to uh, me.

oh I'm also betting Iowa +7, Clemson UN 62, Penn UN 53, Navy +3, Air Force -3, Miss +5, Houston -13, and UNLV -3

Basically way too many games to possibly expect to profit a lot.
Jesus christ Choke.

You bet all those games? How did you do?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Last Week: 3-3 Overall: 15-14-1
L.O.T.W last week: 0-1 Overall: 2-3

This week:
Indianapolis -3 @ Jacksonville
Pittsburgh -3.5 @ Denver
Dallas -9.5 @ Minnesota
Atlanta +9 @ New Orleans
N.Y. Giants -9 vs. San Francisco

Lock of the Week
Kansas City +2.5 @ Oakland

Choke

Post by Choke »

Choke wrote:
Pitt +10 WIN
Indiana +7 WIN
Vandy +14 WIN
Alabama +1.5 WIN
Iowa State +30 WIN
Baylor +26.5 WIN
Miss St +25 WIN
Texas Tech +3.5 LOSE
UCLA +2.5 WIN
Notre Dame +17 LOSE
Ohio St +18.5 WIN *meant to type Michigan State +18.5
Maryland -5 LOSE
Colorado +4 LOSE
Washington +13 LOSE
Illinois +1 LOSE
Auburn +10 WIN

Pretty much all these lost except Air Force and Houston
The morning/early afternoon games were incredible. I mean, I was on track to one of the most profitable days ever. Then Maryland, Colorado, Illinois, UNLV, Notre Dame, and Texas Tech happened.

I ended up just a little down because of a lot of other stupid plays I put in, but overall I was happy with the system.