2012 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

really interesting stuff here...can't remember the last time a non #1 or 2 pick was "promised" a pick

Dion Waiters withdrew from the combine after the first day, a move that essentially confirms unusually candid statements from at least one opposing executive that the Syracuse shooting guard has received a draft promise and will be cancelling future workouts.

It is not known which team (apparently) gave Waiters the completely unenforceable verbal agreement in exchange for the completely unenforceable verbal agreement to call off whatever showcases had been scheduled. But with Waiters bound for the lottery anyway and climbing the board as June 28 approaches, logic dictates it would be someone in the 5-to-10 range. He would be foolish to give up the chance to reach mid-lottery for a promise from a team in double digits.

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo told the Toronto Star that ג€œHis agent has told me thereג€™s a promise to another team,ג€ which is more public candor than normal from an executive or agent on the topic. And as Colangelo noted as well, Toronto, or anyone could still take Waiters. Just as the team that gave Waiters the promise could conveniently forget the handshake arrangement on draft night if another player is unexpectedly available.

There is a good chance the Trail Blazers will wait until after the draft to hire a new coach or remove the interim tag from Kaleb Canales.

Indications are that general manager Neil Olshey, hired Monday, is more open to keep both lottery picks and build for the future in contrast to the previous plan that seemed to lean toward trading No. 6 and/or No. 11 for immediate help in win-now mode around LaMarcus Aldridge. The new Portland management team, wanting the roster to help dictate the coach, is more likely to see the direction of the team before deciding whether to go with an assistant in line for a first job or an experienced hand.

No major surprises when the official measurements were released today. Underlining the pressing concern that he needs to get a lot stronger, North Carolina power forward John Henson weighed just 216 pounds at 6 feet 9 without shoes and 6-10
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

btw, tyreke evans will almost definitely not get his contract extended by kings. that means some team is about to hire a guy who has length, one spectacular strength and a whole lot of headache-inducing decision-making.
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

LeBron's performance last night, and the fact that even people who don't watch the NBA hate him now (shit is getting outta control) is kinda slowly starting to make me into a fan of his

Although having said that, I'm still 100% in support of OKC winning it all this year
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:btw, tyreke evans will almost definitely not get his contract extended by kings. that means some team is about to hire a guy who has length, one spectacular strength and a whole lot of headache-inducing decision-making.
the wolves will pursue either tyreke, oj mayo, iggy, or kevin martin to complete the circle

i want tyreke so bad, so gay for his game.. but if we get iggy its all over

:gyeah:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

on lebron

i'm a hater...but i'm going to admit it was a great performance..jordan-esque. so i'll give him props..if he does it again tonight I'll tip my shit to him because he had an amazing first half and kept the pedal down for the whole game.

its all on boston..if pierce decides to be great they can take the series but i feel its miami's time despite hopw much i hate wade and escobar and all things faggy

as a cat who needs glasses and styles them out, i take deep offense on these ass clowns acting like clothing is some tool to express your complete lack of style

anyone without lenses in their shit is such a bountiful faggot its not even funny

Req

Post by Req »

Bosh's jumper lookin hella jiggy right now.

Pierce locked in too
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Calling offensive fouls on KG like that in game 7 of ECF??...

alpha

Post by alpha »

could the C's actually win or make it a series vs the Thunder?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Those commercials with the big heads are the only things the NBA does right.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The Bassassin
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I see you Brandon Bass.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

AHAHAHAH DWYANE WADE FORGOT HOW TO PASS THE BALL HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AND THEN HIS ASS GOT PLAYED BY BASS TRYIN TO SIZE BASS UP BITCH YOU GOT DUNKED HOMO LOLZ YOU LAZY FAGGOT REFS WON'T PASS FOR YOU
Nets 2022

Req

Post by Req »

Reason wrote:AHAHAHAH DWYANE WADE FORGOT HOW TO PASS THE BALL HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AND THEN HIS ASS GOT PLAYED BY BASS TRYIN TO SIZE BASS UP BITCH YOU GOT DUNKED HOMO LOLZ YOU LAZY FAGGOT REFS WON'T PASS FOR YOU
dunked so hard on Wade that Escobar woke up in a cold sweat
F.U. MOOLAH

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

alpha wrote:could the C's actually win or make it a series vs the Thunder?
Let's focus on winning this one first. And yes, I'm joining the Celtics bandwagon for this game. Trademark saved me a seat.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

IF the heat lose this series you gotta blame wade who decided he would give max effort and play well only in the 4th quarter only in a couple games

lebron is all alone in this shit, his biggest assistance has come from chalmers and haslem, shit is pathetic

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-VzBeOrdAg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-VzBeOrdAg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lebron is such a flopping complaining wade-diseased bitch on that play. if you box out like a fundamental player that rebound is so eASily yours
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

hit a free throw you fucking homo
Nets 2022

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Did Lebron just try to kick Rondo on the head while hanging on the rim after that alley or am I buggin?
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i feel bad for that small cluster of real heat fans who rode with this team through the glen rice's and rony seikaly's of the world, through the tim hardaway years, etc. the true fan who probably can't stand this primadonna softass team, that guy who has to sit through his two superstars not being able to hit 80% of their free throws, the lady who rocks a bimbo coles jersey,

i feel bad for them. the other heat fans (like 90% of them), the escobars of the world who come around only when the team is in the 2nd round of the playoffs or further, they can all eat a flaming shit-riddled bag of dicks
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Prophecy wrote:Did Lebron just try to kick Rondo on the head while hanging on the rim after that alley or am I buggin?
i thought it was clearly emotional/reactionary and near-tech worthy
Nets 2022

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Prophecy wrote:Did Lebron just try to kick Rondo on the head while hanging on the rim after that alley or am I buggin?
nope, i saw it too.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Rondo grabs James leg while he was hanging there and kicked his leg out. I thought he tried to kick him too and I watched the replay.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Wasn't trying to get ahead of the game. Just asking...
Anyway it crazy how much more the celtics want this. Game 7 and the heat still playing like fags

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The Trail Blazers were one of "many teams" who were disappointed with Connecticut SG Jeremy Lamb's pre-draft workouts.
Lamb acknowledged that teams want to see his "motor" and whether he can stand up to NBA contact, and he didn't help himself by failing to shoot well during drills. Another strike against him for Portland came during a media interview -- when asked whether he knew "anything about" the Blazers, he struggled to name LaMarcus Aldridge, then said he knew of "the light-skinned dude," who turned out to be Nicolas Batum.
:lol:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Uconn players :roll:

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

did i miss something with chalmers? wade and bron have been grilling him for most of the game and bosh didn't pass it to him on that last possession to end the qtr.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Tonight we all saw a great victory in the name of faggotry.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

sadface

bosh was huge as the 3rd scorer tonight
Nets 2022

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ugghhh

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

fuck man these finals will have so many glasses without lenses