2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: 2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow

Sources: Cavs have agreement for Kevin Love, including long-term contract commitment. Wiggins, Bennett, pick to Minn. http://yhoo.it/XHoSQg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Timberwolves and Cavaliers have come to agreement on a trade that will send Kevin Love to Cleveland, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Love has agreed to sign a 5-year, $120 million contract extension with Cleveland as part of the deal and the Timberwolves will receive Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 draft pick. The Cavs will now pair Love with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to form it's own "Big 3", while the Wolves get the top picks of the last two NBA Drafts to rebuild with. We still have Love as a first-round fantasy pick for 2014-15, but a likely scoring dip pushes his fantasy value back to the end of the first round. Aug 7 - 9:54 AM
Source: Yahoo Sports
will go down as a terrible trade...

wiggins will have a better NBA career than Love

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

This is gonna be Kobe for Divac part 2
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Hayzoos wrote:This is gonna be Kobe for Divac part 2
No fuckin way. It's different because Kobe refused to play in Charlotte, so the Hornets had no choice but to trade him. Also Kevin Love is five times the player Vlade ever was. So you can say the Cavs will regret this or whatever, but the Kobe trade is a bad example to use as precedent

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Great trade tho. Can't wait for the season

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lavine will marbury the twolves before wiggins does i predict

anyway i see the twolves winning 32-35 games, wiggins wins rookie of the year over jabari despite a 20ppg season by parker, and wiggins and lavine make first team all rookie with parker, vonleh, and exum

wiggins will have the highest per of all rookies and be in the argument for third team all nba but not get it

and wiggins will be on the second team for best defenders

at some point he will also be the first since michael jordan (or was it hakeem last) to get 200+ steals and 100+ blocks in the same season
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:
No fuckin way. It's different because Kobe refused to play in Charlotte, so the Hornets had no choice but to trade him. Also Kevin Love is five times the player Vlade ever was. So you can say the Cavs will regret this or whatever, but the Kobe trade is a bad example to use as precedent

PEACE
Also, Kobe went the 13th pick in the draft.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:lavine will marbury the twolves before wiggins does
Sports bar version of who will do dirt dirt?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
Also, Kobe went the 13th pick in the draft.
I dont understand what relevance this has?

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Really? You don't get the difference between trading one of most hyped 1st pick in the draft vs. trading a HS kid who is 13th pick in the draft?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:Really? You don't get the difference between trading one of most hyped 1st pick in the draft vs. trading a HS kid who is 13th pick in the draft?
Not really. Hype in 2014 is on a completely different planet than it was in 96. Kobe also didn't go to college to improve his draft stock. And GMs are idiots, as evidenced by guys like Samaki Walker, Lorenzen Wright, Vitaly Potapenko & Todd Fuller (why Warriors why?) getting drafted ahead of Kobe. Plus talent evaluation has probably changed a lot over the course of the nearly 20 years its been since Kobe was overlooked. As well, it's not like Kobe wasn't hyped. He was the best high school player in the country and had a fuckin press conference to announce he was going pro. You gotta assume that clubs were still reluctant to draft kids outta high school back then too. Previous to Kobe, KG was pretty much the only prep to go in the lottery for hella years. After teams saw what Kobe and KG were capable of as teenagers, then GMs started to go wild on drafting dudes who didn't go to college. And Kobe had mad baggage, like already demanding to play in certain markets, which probably scared off a bunch of teams. So no, considering the context, I dont know why its relevant where either guy was picked.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Oh yea, that draft class in 96 was like the best ever too. If GMs were also considering Iverson, Camby, Marbury, Ray Allen, Antoine, Peja, Nash, Jermaine Oneal and Kobe...Wiggins might not have gone #1

PEACE

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

strong argument by PB, forgot kobe slipped to 13....great explanation for it all tho...

now I'm not gonna say wiggins is gonna be the next kobe, but I def think he is capable of being a prime tmac scorer...

I see the bitch in bron...

Instead of taking wiggins under his wing and showing him how to play NBA ball, he rather just push for this Love trade to show off his new power with strongarming the Cavs front office at every opportunity....bron never even spoke to Wiggins, straight hoe shit

Wiggins has a higher ceiling than Love, and I don't think anyone can argue against that

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:strong argument by PB, forgot kobe slipped to 13....great explanation for it all tho...

now I'm not gonna say wiggins is gonna be the next kobe, but I def think he is capable of being a prime tmac scorer...

Instead of taking wiggins under his wing and showing him how to play NBA ball, he rather just push for this Love trade to show off his new power with strongarming the Cavs front office at every opportunity....bron never even spoke to Wiggins, straight hoe shit

Wiggins has a higher ceiling than Love, and I don't think anyone can argue against that
Proof that you're talking out of your ass.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:strong argument by PB, forgot kobe slipped to 13....great explanation for it all tho...

Proof that you're talking out of your ass.
Why? I know he's still a bit raw offensively, but the potential is certainly there

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

almost 99% of what you said is coming with the hindsight of knowing how everything turned out. Saying GMs were dumb back then naming busts is easy to do now. You can look at almost any draft and do that. Regardless, trading a 1 pick in any draft, especially when as hyped as this, is a lot different then trading the 13th pick in a draft, regardless of the reasons he was 13th.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:almost 99% of what you said is coming with the hindsight of knowing how everything turned out.[/b] Saying GMs were dumb back then naming busts is easy to do now. You can look at almost any draft and do that. Regardless, trading a 1 pick in any draft, especially when as hyped as this, is a lot different then trading the 13th pick in a draft, regardless of the reasons he was 13th.
:lol:

Dig those heels in, brah.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: now I'm not gonna say wiggins is gonna be the next kobe, but I def think he is capable of being a prime tmac scorer...
Prime t-mac scorer was better then Kobe on offense and everyone agrees Wiggins should be a beast on defense... so that doesn't really makes sense.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Love is a top 10 player now. If wiggins is top 10 in a few years that's great but Bron is turning 30 this year. So....

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Wiggins will NEVER be as good a scorer as T-mac or Kobe. He'll be more of a paul george type scorer at best.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

alpha wrote:Love is a top 10 player now. If wiggins is top 10 in a few years that's great but Bron is turning 30 this year. So....
What's a team with an old ass LeBron with poor defenders tho?

alpha

Post by alpha »

The guys on the Heat weren't much better. Even in 3 years bron will prob still
Be an elite defender

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

He's gonna be the only one who plays defense tho. At least the Heat had Birdman to provide some post presence. And Bosh is a good defender, too. Cavs not gonna have anything near that til they start reworking the roster.

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

Agreed, it's way too early say what kind of teammates they bring in over the next few seasons

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Varajao is a good defender, though oft injured

D Wade's defense on the other hand has slipped so far people started making Harden-esque youtube vids of his horrid defensive play

PP breakdown has Wade last year as a worst defender than Kyrie and Love
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

great vid Tweak

Say what you want about him flopping, Anderson is a plus defender for sure. And someone who has great chemistry with LeBron.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:almost 99% of what you said is coming with the hindsight of knowing how everything turned out.[/b] Saying GMs were dumb back then naming busts is easy to do now. You can look at almost any draft and do that. Regardless, trading a 1 pick in any draft, especially when as hyped as this, is a lot different then trading the 13th pick in a draft, regardless of the reasons he was 13th.

PEACE
Webber is only player I can ever remember who was 1st pick traded before he ever played a game. It is very silly to act like trading the 13th pick is the same thing as trading the 1st.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Anthony Bennett seemed to look lighter and much improved in SL, does anyone think he can develop into anything more than a bench player?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
Webber is only player I can ever remember who was 1st pick traded before he ever played a game. It is very silly to act like trading the 13th pick is the same thing as trading the 1st.
Again dude, I gave you a gang of context. If you're gonna disregard it because "hindsight" that's on you. But you're oversimplifying the story

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

capable_keL wrote:Anthony Bennett seemed to look lighter and much improved in SL, does anyone think he can develop into anything more than a bench player?
Yeah I think he can be a quality contributor. 3rd option at best imo. A 6/7th guy on a good team I'd guess.

Req

Post by Req »

smh@Durant

F.U. MOOLAH