***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:bow:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

HAHHA

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the difference HGH testing has made so far

(2010) Brian Cushing - 36 tackles 0 sacks

(2010) Claymaker 21 tackles 8.5 sacks

(2011) Claymaker - 15 tackles 1 sack

(2011) Brian Cushing - 36 tackles 1 sack

:sole:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Morgan Burnett broke his hand in practice yesterday and is going to play with a club cast.

fuckin shit, man.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/131878113.html wrote: Green Bay -- One of the Packers' best playmakers in the secondary will likely be playing with one functional hand Sunday against St. Louis. Morgan Burnett, who is tied for the NFL lead with three interceptions, broke his hand at Thursday's practice.

He's listed as probable but wore a club on his hand at practice Friday. Inside the locker room, Burnett's right hand was visibly swollen.

"We'll have something on it," Burnett said. "The trainers will game plan to see what works and what's comfortable."

Burnett's plan is to ice the hand and keep it wrapped up to prevent it from swelling further. Multiple Packers in the past have played in games with a club, though Burnett's job description could complicate matters. Safe to say he's used his hands -- both of them -- plenty this season. In addition to the three picks and one forced fumble, Burnett's 39 tackles and five pass breakups both rank second on the team.

The hand remains sore but not nearly as painful as it was when Burnett initially hurt it. The safety broke a bone in his hand in a blitz drill, realizing the significance of it on a X-ray after the fact.

"We were hustling to the ball," he said. "I was going to the running back and my hand just got caught in the mix. It's one of those things that can happen to anybody. I'll be alright."

Burnett's hoping to remain a ballhawk in deep center and coach Mike McCarthy did say the team has time to "test it" between now and game day.

"You have to make a way," Burnett said. "Just try to focus on the ball a little more, focus on the threads. Just try to make the best of those opportunities the same way as if you had both hands."

Of course, the Packers technically have only one other safety on the roster in undrafted rookie M.D. Jennings. Cornerback Charles Woodson can also play back if needed.

At practice Friday, Jennings took Burnett's reps.

"He's doing a good, solid job for us on special teams," McCarthy said. "Just like a lot of young players, you look for him to take advantage of his opportunity. He's getting better."

an-also

Post by an-also »

fuck. Burnett has been exceptional this year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

guys play with broken hands all the time

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Cutler gets F in leadership
QB's message: He lacks self-control, respect for mates

Tell (Mike Martz) I said (blank) him. ג€” Jay Cutler

The Bears quarterback claims the media is making something out of nothing. Not sure what planet he comes from, but in my world I don't often hear a subordinate talk to his superior that way.

How long would you be in your starting lineup if you gave your boss that message?

Cutler says he has no regrets. He writes it off to the heat of the moment.

"You know, I'm a competitor, so is he, so is everyone on this offense and whether we're up three touchdowns or we're up three points, a second- or third-down call is as important as anywhere in the game," he said.

The message Cutler really sends ג€” to his coaches, his teammates, his opponent and the public ג€” is that he lacks respect and self control. Cutler doesn't have to agree with the call, or how it was made, but he does have to show courtesy to the people and the process.

That's not football, that's life.

As for the argument that what happens in those situations is "sacred," it doesn't wash. Cutler and his teammates are on display at Soldier Field as much as the jellies up the street at the Shedd Aquarium.

At least Cutler was accountable for what he did.

A leader is a dealer in hope. ג€” Napoleon Bonaparte

You do not deal hope staring daggers at an offensive lineman who has committed a false start. You deal discouragement.

You do not deal hope tearing into a doe-eyed, undrafted 23-year-old fresh off the bus from Columbus, Ohio, for apparently not making the right adjustment. You deal self-doubt.

You do not deal hope stomping your feet and gesturing when a sensitive wide receiver can't handle a fastball at point-blank range. You deal resentment.

These are lessons the not-so-young-anymore Cutler still needs to learn. Since late last year, Cutler has shown some signs he is maturing, both as a player and a person. It has been rewarding to watch.

For him to be an effective leader, he will need to mature more. Or, if you prefer to attribute his behavior to his "fiery" nature, he will need an occasional bucket of water thrown over him.

A leader leads by example, not by force. ג€” Sun Tzu

Leading by example means making sure you aren't making mistakes. Cutler makes his share.

How would he have felt if Matt Forte spit fire at him after Cutler fumbled Sunday because he was holding the ball low and away from his body?

Cutler defenders will point to Peyton Manning, and the way he sometimes rails at his teammates. Just because Manning does it doesn't make it right. And Cutler is not Manning.

One of them is the only four-time MVP in league history, and it isn't Cutler. By setting a modern-day standard for excellence, Manning has earned the right to bully.

If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes real good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. ג€” Bear Bryant

Brian Urlacher has been the leader of the Bears defense for the better part of 11 years. If he ever has berated a teammate publicly or has been disrespectful to a coach, I can't remember it.

Never saw Hall of Famer Mike Singletary show up someone with a C on his helmet either.

You can say a lot of things about Jim McMahon. He certainly challenged authority, and doing so eventually got him a one way plane ticket to San Diego.

But his offensive teammates would have marched through hell for the guy. He brought out the best in those around him. And he led by bonding with them and making them believe in themselves.

It is absurd that a man should rule others, who cannot rule himself. ג€” Latin proverb

Yelling and cussing out people who are on your side isn't leading. It's allowing your frustration to spill over onto others.

Problems should be addressed respectfully on the sideline. Or in the locker room at halftime. Or on the practice field on Wednesday.

That's how good leaders do it.

Putting a "C" on Cutler's jersey doesn't make him a leader anymore than putting an S on his chest would make him fly. Leaders must be willing to follow.

He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. ג€” Aristotle

-Dan Pompei
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

welcome back roy

an-also

Post by an-also »

In fairness to Jay, if Martz was my O-Coordinator, I'd tell him to go fuck himself too.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

an-also wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
an-also wrote:Image
Do one for Based Godgers, i gotta throw em at some tallywhacker fans I know.
Image[/img]
My man (nh)

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:the difference HGH testing has made so far

(2010) Brian Cushing - 36 tackles 0 sacks

(2010) Claymaker 21 tackles 8.5 sacks

(2011) Claymaker - 15 tackles 1 sack

(2011) Brian Cushing - 36 tackles 1 sack

:sole:
In this case, perception isn't reality my wigga.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20 ... g-on-2010/

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

makes sense.. throw out the numbers and he is vastly improved

an-also

Post by an-also »

also add in the fact that he gets double and triple teamed every time. TT needs to gets a credible pass rusher opposite him. Losing Cullen hurt in that regard.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:also add in the fact that he gets double and triple teamed every time. TT needs to gets a credible pass rusher opposite him. Losing Cullen hurt in that regard.
this.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:
an-also wrote:also add in the fact that he gets double and triple teamed every time. TT needs to gets a credible pass rusher opposite him. Losing Cullen hurt in that regard.
this.
before you took on that dangerous rams offense, the claymaker had
Tackles: 2
Sacks: 0

in the previous 2 games combined

Surely the starting Right tackles in the Pro Bowl will be Denver's Orlando Franklin and Atlanta's Tyson Clabo.

have some dignity and stop making excuses.

I"LL BE WATCHING A ROD ON SUNDAY LIVE @ MALL OF AMERICA FIELD

:spacehomo:

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

dude, i could care less about his stats as long as the entire defense keeps points off the board. he ain't on my fantasy team, he on my real team :ironmike:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:he on my real team
the claymaker >>>>>
:borksign:

so yall gonna be at the game?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

nah man, never even been to a game at Minnesota

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:nah man, never even been to a game at Minnesota
imagine being in a a ghetto ass gymnasium from a closed high school that hasn't been hosed down in 20 years with piped in guns & roses assulting your ears while being mashed against thousands of drunk fat people

:err:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Godgers Might throw for 500 yards

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (WCCO) ג€“ Minnesota Vikings cornerback Chris Cook was arrested and booked into the Hennepin County Jail Friday night on charges of domestic assault, authorities said.

Cook was arrested on two counts of domestic assault and is being held without bail, according to the Hennepin County Jailג€™s web site. The charges include domestic assault with the intent to inflict bodily harm and domestic assault.

Cook also ran into trouble with the law back on March 13 as he was arrested in Virginia for brandishing a handgun. Authorities with knowledge of that arrest said the crime happened as a result of a fight with another man.

It is unclear at this time if the arrest will affect Cookג€™s playing status for the Vikings as they face the Green Bay Packers Sunday afternoon. The secondary is already down two players as Antoine Winfield is listed as doubtful with a neck injury and safety Jamarca Sanford is doubtful after suffering a concussion last Sunday night against the Chicago Bears.

an-also

Post by an-also »

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLVjIoeYvtw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLVjIoeYvtw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Vikings beat Packers today

Jared Allen puts helmet in BJ Novak's spine. the clyamaker tests positive for HGH

Lions win, Vikes win, Bears lose

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

NFC NORF QB'S >>>>>>>>>>>

IT'S A WRAP.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

an-also

Post by an-also »

So can the Bears pony up for Forte yet or what. This is getting ridiculous now.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

so dunny and also.. i haven't got to watch the tape.. but for ponder's first NFL start against the super bowl champions, a decimated offensive line, and the worst WR core in the NFL minus bernard berrian

how did ponder look?

if you're capable of giving an impartial take..

an-also

Post by an-also »

He played fairly decently considering he's a rookie and his first start. Made some crisp throws. Low completion percentage but you could tell his timing was off with the receivers. Aikman was actually saying he was getting the ball out right but the receivers weren't used to seeing the ball that soon on their routes, ie. mcnabb is trash. Having said that, since you claimed our secondary/defense is trash so someone putting up a 59 qb rating with a 40 % completion percentage vs our secondary would be pretty pathetic...amirite?

I'll let you decide.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

awwe, you're still mad, unable to comment without emotions impacting your thoughts

:sad:

that's why you'll always be

if you win, win like a man and stop being gay

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

lol, i think AA gave you a fairly good analysis...don't see how he came off as butthurt either. you don't agree?

Ponder looked good, made some errant throws (2 INTs and a couple more that came close) but that's gotta be considered a positive first start (Aikman was verbally sucking him off all first half, then moved his mouth to Rodgers in the 2nd half). but yea, 27th ranked defense...Tramon Williams got embarrassed on that opening play action pass. thought this was going to be like the Falcons game where the D picks it up in the 2nd half and doesn't give up points, but that late touchdown had me worried.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:lol, i think AA gave you a fairly good analysis...don't see how he came off as butthurt either. you don't agree?

Ponder looked good, made some errant throws (2 INTs and a couple more that came close) but that's gotta be considered a positive first start (Aikman was verbally sucking him off all first half, then moved his mouth to Rodgers in the 2nd half). but yea, 27th ranked defense...Tramon Williams got embarrassed on that opening play action pass. thought this was going to be like the Falcons game where the D picks it up in the 2nd half and doesn't give up points, but that late touchdown had me worried.
i was at the game with packer fans, spent all day with some old time homies.. they were all very professional and cordial on who they were and what the vikings were.. but they are actual milwaukee residents who came to the big city of Mpls to find fortunae and fame by creating rap music for white adolcences

they said ponder looked great, i didnt think he was that spectatcular.. woodson kind of clowned him, but i cant remember the last time i saw a viking qb play his first start ever

the 80 yard pass to jennings to start the 2nd half was embarrassing .. godgers looked like jon unitas. i am gonna watch the tape tonight, i really hate troy aikman so i hope he doesnt fag out on the mic too hard

compared to mcnabb i thought watching ponder was fun enought to save the season and have something to look forward too

clay played great

james starks ran it down our throats in the 4th, which was really the key to the win.

watching Jared and jermichal lock up was kinda :jerk:

didnt think the vikes would lead at half, and thought the pack would cover the spread