2010 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Philaflava wrote:FMJ fights are torture to watch. I will never give him the respect he wants until he starts knocking folks down.

Bring on Pac Man.
That is stupid. That is like being mad at a baseball player who had best batting avg. ever but doesn't get home runs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... id=5159812
"I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood [tests] as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test," Pacquiao is quoted as saying on his official website.
Lets go!!! No excuses now.

ADR

Post by ADR »

http://twitpic.com/1lcb2i

http://twitpic.com/1lcbcz

Not sure I care to analyze or think too deeply about this. Just gonna watch and be entertained.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Big fight tonight!

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Wow... What a let down, right when it was starting to get interesting. If Williams doesnt do a rematch, fight pac, or fight may, he should go after mosely.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

fuck cintron.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:fuck cintron.
He wanted to keep fighting. I don't understand how he got hurt, that fall did not seem serious at all. When they showed the replay the first time I was expecting him to fall off the table onto the floor cause the way he reacted to it, I didn't realize it was just to the table. Did his back hit that little tv on the table?

The Aluminum Falcon

naturalborn103 wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:fuck cintron.
He wanted to keep fighting. I don't understand how he got hurt, that fall did not seem serious at all. When they showed the replay the first time I was expecting him to fall off the table onto the floor cause the way he reacted to it, I didn't realize it was just to the table. Did his back hit that little tv on the table?
heres the replay.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbJs5mbW50s&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbJs5mbW50s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

now a lot of people are saying he jumped out of the ring but I dont buy it, but I do think he hammed that shit up big time knowing it would go to the cards and feeling he was in the lead(which I think he was).

post fight with cintron
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQWXuK3yVgw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQWXuK3yVgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

why would he just lay there motionless and quiet and make to attempt to get up or say he is ok and then after the situate him in the stretcher and stabalize his neck they start strapping him up and then "no, what are you doing? no"

that was terrible. God only knows whats going to happen in the ortiz campbell fight on saturday.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote: why would he just lay there motionless and quiet and make to attempt to get up or say he is ok and then after the situate him in the stretcher and stabalize his neck they start strapping him up and then "no, what are you doing? no"
True.. No one could stop him from getting up right when it happened, getting all angry at the end was gay, he should of been using that energy to get up from the start... but do you really think he knew that in Cali it goes to decision after 3 rounds?

ADR

Post by ADR »

Rip @ SoundCircuit wrote:Cintron is a hoe. Nothin was wrong with that faggot. I bet he felt dumb as hell when he heard the scores of him losing right when he was leaving on the stretcher Thats what his pussy ass gets. His performance still wasnt fucking with Dirrells tho..
pretty much wraps up whatever I was gonna say about this

Req

Post by Req »

El Rey wrote:
Rip @ SoundCircuit wrote:Cintron is a hoe. Nothin was wrong with that faggot. I bet he felt dumb as hell when he heard the scores of him losing right when he was leaving on the stretcher Thats what his pussy ass gets. His performance still wasnt fucking with Dirrells tho..
to be fair you've pretty much just voided your entire argument by quoting Rip.
F.U. MOOLAH

ADR

Post by ADR »

Req wrote:
El Rey wrote:
to be fair you've pretty much just voided your entire argument by quoting Rip.
:rofl:, I've lurked that place since '01, '02 and still can't differentiate between the personalities.
So what was the doctor report on Cintron from the Hospital?
Nothing right. Thought so.
they ran a series of test and discovered he lacked balls, had a missing backbone and lacked the proper heart functions
I read a report that he was diagnosed with a bruised cunt.
via Boxingscene

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anyone got video of Citrone falling out the ring?

The Aluminum Falcon

Khan Mallignagi weigh in gets emotional.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXnZ7D6Rxqg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXnZ7D6Rxqg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ortiz vs. Campbell is on the same bill as well, should be a interesting night.

mud

Post by mud »

English cunts, fuck him up Paulie.

Paulie UD....
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

The Aluminum Falcon

I got Khan by KO, though paulie does have one hell of a chin and some boxing skills.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

One guy cant take a punch and the other cant throw a punch...

mud

Post by mud »

You could do a lot worse than throwing 10 bones on Paulie taking this on points.

12/1 with betfair.com....

The Aluminum Falcon

mud wrote:You could do a lot worse than throwing 10 bones on Paulie taking this on points.

those odds are crazy, I would. are you going to watch this mitchell katsidis fight mud?

mud

Post by mud »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:
mud wrote:You could do a lot worse than throwing 10 bones on Paulie taking this on points.

those odds are crazy, I would. are you going to watch this mitchell katsidis fight mud?
Probably yeah. Couldn't really give an opinion on it though.

The Aluminum Falcon

whats the deal with Ireland? any prospects I should be keeping a eye on?

mud

Post by mud »

IMO the best Irish dude is McCloskey, it sucks that he started so late though. He's nearly 30 now, I think.

Don't rate Matt Macklin or Andy Lee at all, the hype over Andy Lee was insane a few years ago.

mud

Post by mud »

Lee is fighting right now actually, here's a stream...

The Aluminum Falcon

mud wrote:Lee is fighting right now actually, here's a stream...
can you pm me one?

mud

Post by mud »

Thought i posted it there, fuck.

Fights over, his opponent quit on his stool.

The fight should be up here in a few hours...

http://www.rte.ie/player/#

Did you watch the Mitchell/Kat fight?

The Aluminum Falcon

mud wrote:Thought i posted it there, fuck.

Fights over, his opponent quit on his stool.

The fight should be up here in a few hours...

http://www.rte.ie/player/#

Did you watch the Mitchell/Kat fight?
I ran to the store real quick and when I came back Katsidis had already disposed of him in the third round. I'm good on the fight now I've got khan maliggnaggi and ortiz campbell to look forward to now but thanks.

yeah I was kind of wondering what the "here's a stream..." was all about :lol:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

So who should Khan fight next?

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

fight was aight. I can't wait to see Victor Ortiz and Tim Bradley/Devon Alexander/Mike Alvarado

Or a Maidana rematch.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

I'd like to see Khan fight Dennis Laurente

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Khan fighting Maidana would be big if he really wanted to prove he can take a punch, but Maidana is not really that great a boxer. Alexander vs. Bradley and Khan for Maidana and winner face each other is stupid.. Why 1 and 2 seed face each other first.

The Aluminum Falcon

naturalborn103 wrote:Khan fighting Maidana would be big if he really wanted to prove he can take a punch, but Maidana is not really that great a boxer. Alexander vs. Bradley and Khan for Maidana and winner face each other is stupid.. Why 1 and 2 seed face each other first.
it works for me considering the Maidana Bradley fight was cancelled do to an injury. Those are great match ups and all of these fighters are young enough and have clean enough records to bounce back from a loss and challenge the champ. you could mix these four up to fight anyway you want and it will be exciting, plus there is still a shitload of up and coming fighters at 140 that look promising. Ortiz redeemed himself a bit last night in my eyes as well.