NBA 09-10 Playoffs: First Round Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

BTW, Jeff Green nailing that three right there. OKC Defense is keeping them in this.

Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
Reason wrote:westbrook vs. rose is the new williams vs. paul
No.

I like Westbrook a lot, but no.
Westbrook will be better very very soon, if not already.
:rofl:
You ever heard of something called defense?

Also, Westbrook is a way better distributor and I love the way he scores. Using you body to get to the whole almost always ends up being the better method (Lebron).
Even though he always has Rose's children all over his face, I agree with Hayzoos.

Westbrook also expends less energy because he is not the focal point of the whole opposing team like Derrick rose is. Rose has all the tools to be dope on defense. If Rose was on OKC and Scotty Brooks was his coach, I'm pretty sure Rose would be a terror on defense too.

I like Westbrook a lot, but I'll take Rose. Neither have a good feel for the game yet but Rose has more of a concept of it imo.

Gregg Popabitch

Maynor is so understated.

PGs in this draft I would've rather had then Jordan Hill:

Brandon Jennings
Jrue holliday
Ty Lawson
Jeff Teague
Eric Maynor
Darren Collison
Rodrique Beuabois

fuck it, i'll take Patty Mills and Sergio LOL too

Gregg Popabitch

Yeah, I'm posting.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Nice 2nd qtr by the Thunder. Nice little j by Maynor to cap it.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Meanwhile Phx is rollin'.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:OKC Defense is keeping them in this.
They're d is mean.

Gregg Popabitch

Positive A wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:OKC Defense is keeping them in this.
They're d is mean.
If they had Camby instead of Portland, the league would not be ready right now. There would definitely be a first round upset.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

MOD'S NOTE: DON'T FAG UP THIS THREAD. THIS AND ANY OTHER NBA THREAD IS A SACRED PLACE.
Nets 2022

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Eric Maynor/Larry Sanders/VCU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Loving OKC but who the fuck is this James Harden guy? Haven't seen him make 1 good play in two games.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Cowy wrote:Loving OKC but who the fuck is this James Harden guy?
:naswtf:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

So, Cs win by 29.. Sheed still manages to have a -12. The only other player who had - are Marquis Daniels with -4 and he played 6 minutes, Tony Allen with -2 and he played 17 minutes, and Nate Robinson with -4 and he played 8 minutes....

If you ever watching a Cs game and Sheed is playing, just watch him for a few possessions. He does absolutely nothing.. The worst part is he can score at will in the post, but just doesn't try.
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Yea, he did have a great game, but like usual it did not continue into the 4th quarter. I would bet money that his point per 4th quarter is way less then 25% of his ppg in the playoffs. It sounds weird, but when you think about it he is the only offensive superstar you can really make this bet about, which is a horrible thing.
You consistently play yourself with Dirk because you hold 2 series against him. You said the same shit last year but it wasn't true and people (along with myself) put up numbers to prove it.

I'm going to do it again.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

and every time afterwards, you say "well let him prove it again"...

and then we do it all over again.
I can't find the 4th quarter stats for this year, so I will go off last year.

http://www.82games.com/0809/QTR4S11.HTM
30th in the league in Point in the 4th quarter..

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... asontype/2
4th in points per a game..

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I have been pleasantly surprised by how well Artest has manned up KD. I thought Artest's lack of lateral movement would come back to burn him, but it really hasn't. He has gotten into Durant's body, and slapped the ball away many-a-times. Not that he's shut him down, but the constant harassment helps. Artest's physical game is tailor made for playoff basketball.

The OKC blocks last night were killing me, as much as been made about our advantage inside when we did go in there we were getting our shit beat. The series of plays where Durant swatted three shots in a row was :ohsh:

I was pretty sure Jeff Green would miss, but that last Durant 3 was scary as fuck. 2-0 is a world different then 1-1 going to OKC.

Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103 wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Yea, he did have a great game, but like usual it did not continue into the 4th quarter. I would bet money that his point per 4th quarter is way less then 25% of his ppg in the playoffs. It sounds weird, but when you think about it he is the only offensive superstar you can really make this bet about, which is a horrible thing.
You consistently play yourself with Dirk because you hold 2 series against him. You said the same shit last year but it wasn't true and people (along with myself) put up numbers to prove it.

I'm going to do it again.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

and every time afterwards, you say "well let him prove it again"...

and then we do it all over again.
I can't find the 4th quarter stats for this year, so I will go off last year.

http://www.82games.com/0809/QTR4S11.HTM
30th in the league in Point in the 4th quarter..

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... asontype/2
4th in points per a game..
Ridiculous. I already poked holes through this argument already. Its just that you choose to have selective memory because you want to hold on to your biases. If you have any semblance of logic or if you choose to remember, you can figure out the holes yourself. I refuse to be a broken record because I'm not broken.

I kinda find it entertaining that you wish to continue this charade though. Kudos.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

an-also wrote:
I haven't really followed the NBA in 7-8 years and Arizona St isn't on my radar. I'm basing my comment off games 1 and 2 vs LAL. He seems borderline clueless out there.

#3 pick??

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Cowy wrote:
an-also wrote:
I haven't really followed the NBA in 7-8 years and Arizona St isn't on my radar. I'm basing my comment off games 1 and 2 vs LAL. He seems borderline clueless out there.

#3 pick??
He's actually pretty good and a good fit for the team. He has been a no show in 2 games but he's gotten limited action thus far. He's used to playing about 20 minutes per game. Keep in mind they are playing the Lakers and he's coming into game situations where the Thunder are trying to claw back into it.

He's got a good lefty stroke, keeps the ball moving on offense and is a pretty good passer.

I expected him to be a bit more of a key player then he's shown, and he still might.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Plus whenever they put him in Kobe works his ass into the post every time, this prolly effects his attacking mentality on offense.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

The Lake Show looks very vulnerable. Kobe can't shoot straight and besides Gasol, everybodies effort is inconsistent. We'll beat the Thunder, but with this type of effort I can't see us beating Denver in the WCSF with this type of play.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Denver would be a challenge, but Utah tied that shit up and even though Okur is out, Kirilenko is supposed to come back. Regardless, D-Will is fuckin ballin right now and looks like he will single handedly carry that team into the second round. If Utah can claim both those home games I think they win the series. They would be a challenge for LA, but not nearly as much of a challenge as Denver.

Also, if the Lakers can get game 3, they sweep, and even though game 2 was close, I think they will do it. So, let's say they sweep, and then get Utah, you're lookin at a much easier route to the finals than previously assumed with the exception of the Conference Finals where they will most likely play Dallas. Of course, it may not play out like this at all, but I certainly hope so.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I'd much rather play the Jazz, but their lack of depth will eventually do them in. Can't see them getting past Denver.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

can we agree on the following:

whomever the lakers face in round 2 will be a tougher opponent than whomever they face in round 3 (obv. assuming they beat the round 2 opponent)

if the lakers lose, i don't see them doing so until the finals...unless utah/den can pull off a great upset
Nets 2022

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

idk maybe its a clusterfuck of decent but not great teams in the west

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

eternalreflection wrote:no I don't think the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the west are the 4/5seeds, I mean they all run close together
you don't honestly analyze this by just rattling off the numbers of seeds and making a general (obvious) statement that they're all close...really? you really are too whorish on numbers, homey. just b/c phoenix won 54 games but utah won 53, doesn't mean they're equal. it's about the matchup of the specific players and team concept versus those of the other team. IT'S NOT JUST NUMBERS.

san antonio can easily win this dallas series. but they will get creamed by los angeles (unless tony parker is in 2006-2008 form)

dallas will lose to la easily imo. 6 games max, 5 games probable. dallas is very overrated b/c of the washington wizards trade. dirk will get murdered in this series and have three 6'11 guys and up (odom/bynum/gasol) and a 6'7 guy who is stronger than most 6'11 guys in artest. even if dirk gets his, he'll give up a ton. lamar will murder cats this series. dallas is fucked i'm telling you.

phoenix? portland? please.

utah and denver have the best chances imo to take the lakers out before the finals.
Nets 2022

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Utah lost Okur and AK 47 Kirelinko. Had they had them they could have given the Lakers a run for their money as of now I can't forsee it.

If Boston wins tonight the Cavs/Boston series could be very entertaining. Shaq and mo williams gone have to step up more. Lebron James can't do it all every night.

Off topic but Michael Jordan swag was next level. Peep this here sports link.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/0 ... ind-games/

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i think losing okur and kirilenko are not preferred, but actually might make utah better

okur's lateral movement on defense is laughable. kirilenko is slower and not as dominant a defender as he once was and can often be an offensive liability. on the flipside, cj miles is a solid player fillin in for ak47, wesley and millsap have to step up their roles and imo can

but really denver has an even better shot
billups vs. fisher
brash jr smith with freakish athleticism will annoy kobe at least a little, so will aaron
melo vs. odom/walton/artest, for one thing melo is way bigger than durant and artest wont' be able to knock him off his balance as easily
kenyon/nene/chris vs. gasol/bynum, what they give up in length/height they make up for in solid fundamental defense (with the exception of the more gambling but still effectively shot-altering chris anderson)
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

All Hail Tim Duncan, at the ripe ole' age of 33 (about to be 34), still out there schoolin bitches.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

VideoKilledThe wrote:All Hail Tim Duncan, at the ripe ole' age of 33 (about to be 34), still out there schoolin bitches.
still hasn't committed a foul either

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

eternalreflection wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:All Hail Tim Duncan, at the ripe ole' age of 33 (about to be 34), still out there schoolin bitches.
still hasn't committed a foul either
duncan is a top 5 player of all time
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

BULLS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SERIES ISN'T OVER YET!!!!!!!!

D. ROSE > LEBRON

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo