Official NBA offseason thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

The LeBron commercial is really good. Nike has always done great commercials since Jordan came into the picture.

All I know is that it was disappointing in the eyes of a lot of people that a so-called alpha male decided to leave his situation for a different scenario. Shit was unprecedented because nobody of LeBron's stature had ever done it in the prime of their career. With the resume of having 2 MVP's, it really looked bad to go join somebody elses team, when you have already established your identity on a team that everybody excepts as yours.

A lot of factors weighed on LeBron and I guess he didn't have confidence in Cleveland's management to land him players that were going to get him over the top. His decision has been highly scrutinized by the older guard and I believe it is warranted. I ride with Mike on his criticism. I ride with Magic on his criticism. I even ride with Charles, because even when he tried to go to Houston at the end of his career, he was trying to help out Hakeem and Clyde after he had tried to do it on his own in Philly and Phoenix.

LeBron must not have as much pride as some of the players before him, but it is a different time and different era for him that led him to team up with Wade and Bosh. The game really has changed on the court and off and LeBron had a vision and plan and he executed. He will be one of the most debated players in the history of the NBA when it's said and done. He'll get his championships eventually, but they will be cheap ones. As long as he doesn't get it his this year, I'll just continue to put up with the madness that is the Miami Heat.

More fuel for the flame:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/

Hate sells. Hate gets you mouse clicks. ESPN's ballwashing has reached epic levels now. They took it to the next level by dedicating a WHOLE BLOG TO ONE FUCKING TEAM. They have never done that until now. Unbelieveable.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Positive A wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

New LeBron/Nike Commercial.

Great stuff.
The Jan Hammer joint during the Miami Vice segment was a nice touch. Dope commercial overall.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Big Breeze wrote:The LeBron commercial is really good. Nike has always done great commercials since Jordan came into the picture.

All I know is that it was disappointing in the eyes of a lot of people that a so-called alpha male decided to leave his situation for a different scenario. Shit was unprecedented because nobody of LeBron's stature had ever done it in the prime of their career. With the resume of having 2 MVP's, it really looked bad to go join somebody elses team, when you have already established your identity on a team that everybody excepts as yours.

A lot of factors weighed on LeBron and I guess he didn't have confidence in Cleveland's management to land him players that were going to get him over the top. His decision has been highly scrutinized by the older guard and I believe it is warranted. I ride with Mike on his criticism. I ride with Magic on his criticism. I even ride with Charles, because even when he tried to go to Houston at the end of his career, he was trying to help out Hakeem and Clyde after he had tried to do it on his own in Philly and Phoenix.

LeBron must not have as much pride as some of the players before him, but it is a different time and different era for him that led him to team up with Wade and Bosh. The game really has changed on the court and off and LeBron had a vision and plan and he executed. He will be one of the most debated players in the history of the NBA when it's said and done. He'll get his championships eventually, but they will be cheap ones. As long as he doesn't get it his this year, I'll just continue to put up with the madness that is the Miami Heat.

More fuel for the flame:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/

Hate sells. Hate gets you mouse clicks. ESPN's ballwashing has reached epic levels now. They took it to the next level by dedicating a WHOLE BLOG TO ONE FUCKING TEAM. They have never done that until now. Unbelieveable.
They're probably doing it so they can combine all the coverage with the articles and stories when they eventually release a book about this season if and when they win the championship.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Do you really think that the Heat are going to win the chip this year? I say hell no and not because I'm a Lakers fan. They are weak at the middle and the point.

I really think that Boston can take the Eastern Conference if they can keep their key players healthy for the playoff run. Top to bottom, they are the best team in the East.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^I agree. I could Miami having a dominant season then losing to boston or Orlando in the playoffs.
But I also have a feeling one of the big three is gonna have a serious injury this year and it's gonna change everything.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Big Breeze wrote:Do you really think that the Heat are going to win the chip this year? I say hell no and not because I'm a Lakers fan. They are weak at the middle and the point.

I really think that Boston can take the Eastern Conference if they can keep their key players healthy for the playoff run. Top to bottom, they are the best team in the East.
I didn't say that at all. But I'm sure that is the motive behind the Heat blog.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

^ I agree on your last point to the fullest. Part of that is that I want it to happen. I think Wade is the most susceptible to have something happen to him.

I refuse to put stock in Orlando being a championship contender until they replace Rashard Lewis at the 4. He should be playing the 3 like he did in Seattle. He is a liability in the post on defense and doesn't rebound well enough either. If they were to play Brandon Bass more at the 4 or acquire a 4 that likes to bang and grab boards, I would like their chances more also.

The Magic live and die by the 3 too much for me too. I would like to see Howard get more shots in their offense. He averages about 10 shots a game and that is far too low for someone of his ability. It's time to see if he can be serious for a change and implement the work from the off-season that he gained from working with Hakeem.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Close this shit and lets get the regular season thread goin

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Kobe feels Roy is a tougher person to guard then Kevin Durant:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... er-durant/
massive inferiority complex obv, put down anyone that is better than him