***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Re: ***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:I flip back and forth so much when I try to watch two games simultaneously, I always end up feeling that I really didn't watch a game at all. Dont really matter tho cuz the Thunder should win by 10-15.

PEACE

you ever think of throwing a hundo or two on a betting site b/c natty and i both got dough on okc -6

i mean not that it matters that we got money on the game but the question was more 'you ever bet on games or think about it? you're pretty smart about ball and watch a lot of nba"
Yea that thought has definitely crossed my mind. But I'm an all or nothing type of guy when it comes to potential addictions. And in an effort to avoid becoming a degenerate, I've decided that its in my best interest to avoid gambling all together.

On another note, the Knicks look fucking horrible tonight.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:I flip back and forth so much when I try to watch two games simultaneously, I always end up feeling that I really didn't watch a game at all.
:lol:, I feel the same way. Especially when im checking my phone/laptop every 5 minutes to post some BS or check score of other games.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:I flip back and forth so much when I try to watch two games simultaneously, I always end up feeling that I really didn't watch a game at all. Dont really matter tho cuz the Thunder should win by 10-15.

PEACE

you ever think of throwing a hundo or two on a betting site b/c natty and i both got dough on okc -6

i mean not that it matters that we got money on the game but the question was more 'you ever bet on games or think about it? you're pretty smart about ball and watch a lot of nba"
Yea that thought has definitely crossed my mind. But I'm an all or nothing type of guy when it comes to potential addictions. And in an effort to avoid becoming a degenerate, I've decided that its in my best interest to avoid gambling all together.

PEACE
degenerate gambler >

Just joking, but you should do it like me though. Just throw like 200 in there and just do $10-$20 a game. Even if you lose it all it will take a long time till that happens unless you start raising how much you bet. Also don't post how much you bet per a game, cause you feel like a chump when you risking $10 for the game and Rzn putting up stacks.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

PEACE
being in this world, i respect that decision and that you know yourself A LOT.

but yea, i tghought the knicks would be terrible tonight and i bet on bulls +4 :lol: :megaman:
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

PEACE
degenerate gambler >

Just joking, but you should do it like me though. Just throw like 200 in there and just do $10-$20 a game. Even if you lose it all it will take a long time till that happens unless you start raising how much you bet. Also don't post how much you bet per a game, cause you feel like a chump when you risking $10 for the game and Rzn putting up stacks.
honestly it's all about bankroll management. if you can just be about 54% right with your bets you will make money in the long run as long as you use bankroll management - the units system...

if you start with a hundo, don't bet more than 5 to 10 bucks per single bet...simple as that. that way, let's say you have a bad day and you lose all three bets you made one day...well you'll still have 75-85 bucks left. if you go 0-3 the next day you still got like 50 bucks left. if you keep sucking then you damn well are out of pocket and should never re-deposit. but if you do well and are smart you will make money in the long run
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The one rule you must follow though is never bet on the Mavs

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:The one rule you must follow though is never bet on the Mavs

LOL

or on the bobcats on the road

or against the hornets
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Reason wrote:i think we just stumbled across the ideal defender against brook lopez

marcin gortat

he can't budge em, can't get past em, is getting bodied and is getting every shot contested...

i should note that it goes both ways lol...brook sonning gortat when gortat is on offense
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

PEACE
That's pretty much it. I am aware of my limitations and am wise to adhere to them because I know how slippery of a slope it can be for me with anything that could be potentially addictive.

Regardless, who would you rather have on your squad: Lopez or Gortat?

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anyone else watching this Spurs/Griz game??!?!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:Anyone else watching this Spurs/Griz game??!?!

what happened?
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

PEACE
That's pretty much it. I am aware of my limitations and am wise to adhere to them because I know how slippery of a slope it can be for me with anything that could be potentially addictive.

Regardless, who would you rather have on your squad: Lopez or Gortat?

PEACE
definitely brook. don't underrate his offensive game!
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:

what happened?
Going great shot for great shot end of the 4th. Spurs had ball down by 3 with like 4 seconds left and no timeouts inbounding under their basket. Ginobili hits a 3 tie. OT pretty great too. Arthur hit a couple huge shots in 4th.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Reason wrote:

what happened?
Going great shot for great shot end of the 4th. Spurs had ball down by 3 with like 4 seconds left and no timeouts inbounding under their basket. Ginobili hits a 3 tie. OT pretty great too. Arthur hit a couple huge shots in 4th.

got wrapped up in poker (4 tabling for past couple hours)...could only glance at scores...sounds like a fun game
Nets 2022

Req

Post by Req »

Van Gundy shitting all over Howard :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Req wrote:Van Gundy shitting all over Howard :lol:
Van Gundy is the man. Only person I have ever heard on tv say Kobe needs to play better D.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

all in all, van gundy is my favorite
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

David Lee is too athletic for Aldridge

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LOL @ "he should only get one point for that"
Nets 2022

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

these b2b games suck. not expecting the blazers to pull this off. unreal things have happened this season tho. so i wont fully count em out yet.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i really hope the lakers make it like an 8 or 10 point game all game so durant stays in and goes for 50
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

duhbreez wrote:these b2b games suck. not expecting the blazers to pull this off. unreal things have happened this season tho. so i wont fully count em out yet.
Sucks yall gotta run with Hickson/LMA at center. If only you had a 7 footer in his mid 20s to build the franchise around. Like the type of guy who could score a little bit at the basket, and really focus on rebounding and protecting the rim, ya know? That would be ideal.

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:
duhbreez wrote:these b2b games suck. not expecting the blazers to pull this off. unreal things have happened this season tho. so i wont fully count em out yet.
Sucks yall gotta run with Hickson/LMA at center. If only you had a 7 footer in his mid 20s to build the franchise around. Like the type of guy who could score a little bit at the basket, and really focus on rebounding and protecting the rim, ya know? That would be ideal.

PEACE

duhbreez how do you feel about meyers leonard? and to a lesser extent, the Englishman?

when i saw leonard live i really felt like he has a huge opportunity to be a legitimately good player
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

How are his knees tho?

PEACE

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

PEACE

duhbreez how do you feel about meyers leonard? and to a lesser extent, the Englishman?

when i saw leonard live i really felt like he has a huge opportunity to be a legitimately good player
at this point leonard's game is really raw. I agree with you tho on his potential. I can see him as a big contributor in 2 or 3 years. Right now jj is being more then serviceable at the 5 spot. As for freeland, i could care less if he was on the squad next season.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:How are his knees tho?

PEACE
it's his ankle that's busted right now...he'll be fine

ssomeone mroe qualified than i should write an article about the success of nba players who are in the 6'9 to 7'2 range who were only in the 6 feet to 6'3 range when either freshman or sophomore AND played point guard/guard with noticeable skill...these players off-the-top of my head turn out to be really great b/c they are coordinated and skilled
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i forgot to mention that meyers played guard tilll like sophomore year in high school and was only like 6'2 until a crazy growth spurt...
Nets 2022

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

damian fuckin lillard!!!

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

duhbreez wrote:damian fuckin lillard!!!
sayin tho

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wow blazers might miracle cover after that debacle of a first half...+7.5 let's go!
Nets 2022