NHL 09/10 Season

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Ponikarovsky is a Penguin.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Calgary just got Vesa Toskala. FINALLY we have a half-decent backup goalie for Kipper.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Kiran187 wrote:Calgary just got Vesa Toskala. FINALLY we have a half-decent backup goalie for Kipper.
:lol: If you say so.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Kiran187 wrote:Calgary just got Vesa Toskala. FINALLY we have a half-decent backup goalie for Kipper.
/sarcasm?

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:
/sarcasm?
You notice they couldn't even get a third round pick for Stempniak? 4th and 7th lol. It's gonna be an even sadder finish to the season, but at least we'll get to see all of the kids play.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

/sarcasm?
Definitely...although I am hoping he doesn't completely shit the bed since we really do need a good back up goalie. I don't think he's even played since he got to Anaheim.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Kiran187 wrote:
/sarcasm?
Definitely...although I am hoping he doesn't completely shit the bed since we really do need a good back up goalie. I don't think he's even played since he got to Anaheim.
I'm still trying to figure out why your team wants to be the Leafs, and gave us one guy worth way more than all of the Flames' ex-Leafs pick-ups put together. Shit's crazy to me.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Quotashun wrote:
Kiran187 wrote:
/sarcasm?
I'm still trying to figure out why your team wants to be the Leafs, and gave us one guy worth way more than all of the Flames' ex-Leafs pick-ups put together. Shit's crazy to me.
:lol: Funny that you mention that. I was having a discussion with a homie of mine and he said the exact same thing. I don't get it either. I just hope it works.
That being said, Dion was no good anymore in Calgary. He had his run, but if it was up to me, I would have traded to some other team than the Leafs. At least to a team that had something worth trading for.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Aww shit....4 in a row for the Flames. That trade with the leafs is actually starting to pay off. Stajan has been great as a set-up man for Iginla. Can't wait for the Vancouver-Calgary game on Sunday.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

mee too. the canucks will give up a three goal lead after two then score five in the third to win it...

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

jredd109 wrote:mee too. the canucks will give up a three goal lead after two then score five in the third to win it...
:rofl: :roll:

alpha

Post by alpha »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQnN-AIlXcI

nice joe pavelski goal from last night. sharks scored 6 in the 3rd to win 8-5.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Huge game for the wings tonight vs the flames.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Flames gotta pull it off against Detroit tonight. The Wings aren't giving them any breathing room right now and that loss to Vancouver definitely did not help.

an-also

Post by an-also »

We owe you guys from the last game.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Flames are fucked...unless we win every remaining game and Detroit manages to lose a couple which I don't see happening.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Kiran187 wrote:Flames are fucked...unless we win every remaining game and Detroit manages to lose a couple which I don't see happening.
you know i called this back on page 7 or so...

i'll concede that kipper isn't as bad as i like to think he is but the flamers are taking this post season off.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Ovechkin got 2 games for that dirty hit on Campbell. Campbell is out for the season.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Random Sample wrote:Ovechkin got 2 games for that dirty hit on Campbell. Campbell is out for the season.
Fair or unfair punishment? I've been talking about it with a couple friends of mine and everybody seems to have a different opinion. I think he should have gotten at least 5 games for it. The NHL gotta start making examples of people taking dirty hits and guys like Ovechkin can't be above the law or given lesser suspensions just because they are superstars.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I don't think it is fair at all. I think he should have gotten at least 4 for it. Maxim Lapierre got a 4 game suspension for a similar hit against Nichol. Ovechkin should have got the same.

I don't understand why people continue to let him take runs at players and do nothing about it. I would have someone out there on every one of his shifts taking runs at him.

You know if it was the other way around they would want Brian Campbell to be kicked out of the league.

All this shit is going to catch up to Ovechkin eventually.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

nucks just re-upped kesler for 6 seasons. they're pushing for the cup. if they make 1-2 more impact signings while keeping the team intact i can see it happening sooner rather than later. now with kesler inked for 6 more, we got the sedins, luongo and kesler each for the next 6-7 years. we need one more solid defenceman and another strong 3rd-4th line player and were solid.

oh yeah, ryan johnson's 1st goal in over a year beats the sharks yesterday. dood deserves it. some nights he stops as many pucks as luongo does...

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Honestly as much as I dislike the Canucks, I think this is their best chance for a serious cup run. Luongo is top 3 in the league, the Sedins are firing on all cylinders and their supporting cast is strong right now too. If they can't do it this year, I don't know what else they could really do to improve their chances.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

well, if we get past chicago, it's still gonna be hard as shit to beat washington. if the team stays together, and it looks like that's what gillis is trying to do, then i think we have a 3-4 year window. we got hodgeson coming up, so if he can make the team next year and we sign dan hamhuis (big if, but apparently they we trying to get him at the deadline), then they will be that much better.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Love the move to lock up Kesler. Dude is a great player. how long is Burrows signed for? Raymond?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Burrows is signed for another 3 years, and raymond is going to be a RFA at the end of the season.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

jredd109 wrote:well, if we get past chicago, it's still gonna be hard as shit to beat washington. if the team stays together, and it looks like that's what gillis is trying to do, then i think we have a 3-4 year window. we got hodgeson coming up, so if he can make the team next year and we sign dan hamhuis (big if, but apparently they we trying to get him at the deadline), then they will be that much better.
Washington is beasting this year but I wouldn't count out Pittsburgh either. They are pretty much the same team as last year but now have the experience of winning it all. Plus they got Ponaikorovsky too which was a nice pickup.

In the West, Chicago is probably the strongest opposition for Vancouver unless the Sharks finally learn to play playoff hockey in which case it could be pretty even. LA is making moves too and I think they could be strong but I don't think they have what it takes to go all the way.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Also, how long are the Sedins signed for?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Kiran187 wrote:Also, how long are the Sedins signed for?
I think 4 more seasons after this one.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

sedins signed for 6 at the start of the year

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Outside of Luongo, I hate evrybody on Vancouver. Nobody on that time is likeable, particularly Kesler, Burrows and the Sedin twins.
I seriously hope Ladd fucks up Keslers face again if they play Chicago in the playoffs again.
I also want Burrows to be Bertuzzi'd.
I also really want Hordichuk to square off with Boogaard instead of just jumping him so I can enjoy him getting his waffle split.