Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

dirtee

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by dirtee »

ba did, just what strikers are supposed to be doing. great execution, but that's all. what miccoli did was just crazy.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Yeah, plus Ba isn't a fat fucker. That gut is impressive!

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

just finished watching the celtic/spartak moscow game. big celtic fan but I really don't think they would have gotten all three points if Spartak hadn't had a player red carded.Hooper is dope as usual, and Samaras, even though he looks like junkie Jesus, is pretty good some time. I'm pretty drunk so typing this took insanely more time than it should have.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

No CL talk? Just watched City/Dortmund. highly entertaining. Gundogan made a pass in the 2nd half that was incredible. Lewandowski shanked it, but it was a thing of beauty nonetheless.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

City might fail to qualify yet again, at this rate.

I saw Arsenal obvs and it was fairly boring. The Greeks were robust and our central defense looked shaky but Gerv, Poldi and Ramsey all chipped in with decent goals. If anything it's good to have multiple people who can score goals instead of being a one-man team like United.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Benzema goal was simply incredible.

The Ronaldo 2nd and 3rd were fucking ill too.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Saw the Ajax - Real game, and we simply were not good enough. We can play better, a lot better. Sadly de Boer doesn't always make the right choices when selecting players, because some (Boerrigter, de Jong) are simply not good enough. There were however, some moments in this game where we brought the game to Real and we had some opportunities to equalize, but right after that Ronaldo put the game on lock.

I fucking love our Ajax philosophy. Playing against Real and working hard to get the equalizer? Bring in 2 substitutes: a 19 year old who previously only played 30 minutes altogether divided over 2 games and bring in a new signing, who has never played on a reasonable level before.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

As a Liverpool supporter gotta hope the Red Sox hire a decent manager and get their shit straight, as there is no doubt John Henry and Co's first love is their baseball team. The fact that they wouldn't cough up the measly fee put on Dempsey despite the club's clear need for forwards was :killacam: :naswtf: aahhhh what's going on behind the scene? oh wait thats right your baseball team is embarrassing itself.

Hooray Europa!

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I <3 Huddlestone. Watching him play brings me joy.

Serious no homo.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:I <3 Huddlestone. Watching him play brings me joy.

Serious no homo.
He's never impressed me all that much to be honest, although he did have a great game against Panthainakos.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Comedy Quaddafi

City is controlling a game for the first time this season.

Excited to see a classic London-derby later today. Also a return to the Emirates for Fat Frank. I think some mediafolk are overestimating his record against Arsenal. 7-5 years ago his Boltonteam was really nasty, rather unlike the Bolton of today, and bullied Arsenal pretty badly. That hasn't really worked for him since then but it might today. I suspect he will get hs players fired up for this and I expect a good math with end-to-end-action.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

jamrage wrote:
Positive A wrote:I <3 Huddlestone. Watching him play brings me joy.

Serious no homo.
He's never impressed me all that much to be honest, although he did have a great game against Panthainakos.
He's just a big lump. He can't run. He doesn't play in the air well.

But he has soft feet and plays some of the most beautiful, inch perfect balls you'll see.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Fuck yeah Hammers! Lets go!

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

That's the Giroud I was kind of expecting.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:City is controlling a game for the first time this season.

Excited to see a classic London-derby later today. Also a return to the Emirates for Fat Frank. I think some mediafolk are overestimating his record against Arsenal. 7-5 years ago his Boltonteam was really nasty, rather unlike the Bolton of today, and bullied Arsenal pretty badly. That hasn't really worked for him since then but it might today. I suspect he will get hs players fired up for this and I expect a good math with end-to-end-action.
It was at The Boleyn. We're at the Emirates on Boxing Day which I'm hoping to go to.

I missed this. Caught the highlights but was a decent game by all accounts? The last time we played Arsenal was when the owners had pretty much publicly announced that Avram Grant was getting sacked and the match was awful. We got spanked.

Didn't look like Sam resorted to hoofing it?

Comedy Quaddafi

It was an allrite game. West Ham looked organized in the first half and had some good counters, great goal as well. Carroll v Mannone was a constant worry as the flappy italian has no prescence but the headers went offtarget. West Ham did look tired early and seemed to lack a bit stamina later in the game. Arteta controlled the game as usual with more than 100 passes and 95% accuracy. Santi got too much space and even had his well-deserved goal. The scoreline was fair enough.
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

:ironmike:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

When ever I watch Liverpool dominate possession and fail to create chances, fail to score, I think about the bowling alley scene from Uncle Buck where John Candy tells Maizy if the point of the game was to get the ball as close to the pins without knocking a single one over she would be champion of the world.

smh.

*edit and Jozy got red carded today fml.

Comedy Quaddafi

Bale and Suarez are probably the two biggest cheats in the league.
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Didn't see the match and can't find a download. Reports said we played some pretty good football. Confirm/Deny?

Bale and Suarez being divers is nothing new....I agree wholeheartedly. Bale is nowhere near my favorite spurs player because of it. Its frustrating to watch.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Damn, I was unaware Bale was a diver like that. I guess I just hadn't seen those games/plays yet cuz that is some ridiculous blatant shit. shitty. I liked Bale.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Bale totally dove. Spurs actually played decent for most of the match too. Vertonghen might be the best left back right now, should be interesting to see what happens when Benny is healthy.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Caulker has been fantastic. so Jan can stay out left.

kyle
kaboul
calulker
vertonghen

is all that.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

with that said though, Gallas has been really excellent as well...

:killacam:

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

No real surprises this week.

Didn't see the game, but that was clearly a dive by Bale. Suarez is easily the biggest diving douche in the league, but he's still a helluva player.

Nothing major happened this week except that Newcastle got mauled by Man U. Terrible marking by Newcastle at the beginning of the game.

First league benching for Friedl in over 300 EPL games.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

:rofl: @ a third of Cuba's roster defecting over the border when they came to Toronto to play.

Req

Post by Req »

Did USMNT seriously almost draw with Antigua?

That's fucking hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Said it from time, Klinsmann is a shite coach who was made to look halfway capable by a talented German national team -which he should never have been let near in the first place. The fact that he parlayed that into a Bayern job before being chased off 8 months later is even more baffling.
F.U. MOOLAH

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

eddie johnson is a beast this year. I've gotten the chance to watch him at a few games and he's been playing really well this year.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The USMNT has been struggling throughout qualifying under Klinsmann, not just last night.

Fuck Eddie Johnson, where is Jozy? Trying to teach a lesson or not, that is some straight up bullshit, especially after the injuries Landon and Brea Shea have to miss the game and you still don't call him up, you already embarrassed him in the press hello these are games that matter :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest:

Comedy Quaddafi

Bale.
- MB