The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Prophecy wrote:So really a fight with GSP or has to be next right? Who else can challenge Anderson at this point?
Dana said if GSP beats Sheilds it's GSP vs Silva.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Prophecy wrote:So really a fight with GSP or has to be next right? Who else can challenge Anderson at this point?
If/when GSP beats Shields, superfight has to happen. Both have cleaned their divisions out. Anderson could move up to 205, but he's still not young and Machida is still relevant in the division.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

wow sucks for vitor dude is still one of my all time favs

good lookin out with the links yall

ADR

Post by ADR »

Watching this in HD, Silva is staring down at Belfort's feet right before he kicks him in the face.

He played him beautifully;

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

I'm glad Silva won. I hope Vitor has a good career from here on out. He is a good guy. The rest of the card kind of sucked.

I hope Shogun beats Bowfinger within an inch of his life. Outside of Chael and Rashad I've never dislike a fighter as much as him.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:ohsh:

binary

Post by binary »

Jon Jones is so fuckin' dope, gotdamn.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

screw gsp vs silva, i wanna see silva vs bones.

Kid That's Lifeless

manwhore wrote:screw gsp vs silva, i wanna see silva vs bones.
GSP vs. Silva decides who the best P4P fighter is... how can you say screw that?

kato

Post by kato »

vermillion wrote:
Okami is never gonna get a shot at the title...poor bastard

Kid That's Lifeless

kato wrote:
vermillion wrote:
Okami is never gonna get a shot at the title...poor bastard
He's like the middleweight Jon Fitch.

binary

Post by binary »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
GSP vs. Silva decides who the best P4P fighter is... how can you say screw that?
I think Jones vs. Silva would be more exciting. GSP is going to try to do what he usually does.

Kid That's Lifeless

binary wrote:
I think Jones vs. Silva would be more exciting. GSP is going to try to do what he usually does.
Use his top notch MMA wrestling to takedown an opponent and continuously advance position to punch an opponent and look for subs? You mean the same exact gameplan that Jones would try to use against Silva?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Rashad Evans said that if Jones wins he'd move down to MW or up to HW, i think the nigga would do good at MW, he'd have good fights against

Rashad vs. Chael Sonnen
Rashad vs. Okami
Rashad vs. Anderson Silva

they can set him up to be the next MW contender after Brian Stann, I still don't think GSP is going to move up to fight Anderson, he's always said he wanted to pack on muscle properly and make it a full time switch, i think dana's bs'ing.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Kid That's Lifeless

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Rashad Evans said that if Jones wins he'd move down to MW or up to HW, i think the nigga would do good at MW, he'd have good fights against

Rashad vs. Chael Sonnen
Rashad vs. Okami

they can set him up to be the next MW contender after Brian Stann
, I still don't think GSP is going to move up to fight Anderson, he's always said he wanted to pack on muscle properly and make it a full time switch, i think dana's bs'ing.
Stann isn't even close to being a contender and I don't see Rashad cutting to 185 being that good of an idea since I'm pretty sure he walks around at about 235-240.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

when Rashad was on the hw tuf I think he was barely bigger than 220 and he was a fat ass, he'd have more success if he dropped down, he's not exactly lean and shredded at light heavy

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

i was being facetious. of course i'd still love to see gsp fight silva, but imo the size difference between the two is just enough to give silva too much of an advantage.

as if having sensai seagal teaching him new unknown moves isn't unfair enough.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcNgrp2Ftew&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcNgrp2Ftew&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Rashad Evans said that if Jones wins he'd move down to MW or up to HW, i think the nigga would do good at MW, he'd have good fights against

Rashad vs. Chael Sonnen
Rashad vs. Okami

they can set him up to be the next MW contender after Brian Stann
, I still don't think GSP is going to move up to fight Anderson, he's always said he wanted to pack on muscle properly and make it a full time switch, i think dana's bs'ing.
Stann isn't even close to being a contender and I don't see Rashad cutting to 185 being that good of an idea since I'm pretty sure he walks around at about 235-240.
Brian Stann isn't top 10 or near a title shot, but he could be in the picture in a few fights. He's undefeated at MW and beat Leben after he submitted Akiyama and finished Simpson. Not that Leben is an amazing win, but he seemed to be much improved and was on a pretty impressive 3 fight winning streak, especially when you consider beating Simpson and Akiyama within 2 weeks of each other. Not to mention he's the only person, along with Silva, that finished Leben like that. He's fighting Wanderlei next at UFC 130, so if he gets passed him, he will certainly be in the picture and could be in a big contender fight after that.

The card was pretty good, but I think the Jones vs Shogun announcement and Silva's KO overshadow everything. Jones vs Shogun is such an intriguing fight. It's only 6 weeks away and who knows how well Jones will perform with this short notice. Also, who knows how Shogun will adjust to the change of opponents and if his injury is fully healed. Maybe we'll get another performance like the one against Griffin or something much better. Looking at the Griffin fight, the grappling and weight advantage really tired out Shogun as well as the reach advantage on the feet. Shogun didn't grapple in any of his fights since he's been "back" so who knows if the cardio will be all that improved from the Griffin fight, especially with the lay off and injury. I see the fight taking place mostly on the ground. On the feet, I see Shogun trying to use some punches but not having the most success because he doesn't have the best technique and does have problem with reach at times. Jones doesn't use his reach that well, but it will provide a few problems. Fuck this post is gone too long...

I'm picking Shogun over Jones. Jones is a little green and on the ground he makes some mistakes. Look at the Vera fight. If it were Shogun on the bottom, Jones would have definitely been arm barred, or at least a close attempt. On the feet, Jones doesn't use his reach all that well and we haven't seen him deal with the kicks that Shogun will bring. Jones isn't a double leg guy so Shogun's kicks shouldn't be threatened by too many catch and trips or double legs. Shogun via sub.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

:rofl: At the Segal interview. He's delusional. Even though I went crazy for the Silva kick, I couldn't help but think of this right after the fight was over..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QoJhMYbrFcU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJhMYbrFcU

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

^segal taught him that shit too yo
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcSNCI8ziD0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcSNCI8ziD0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
UBM CD COMING SOON

Kid That's Lifeless

Lmao

binary

Post by binary »

lol Seagal is full of shit. :lol:

Kid That's Lifeless

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

binary wrote:lol Seagal is full of shit. :lol:
i didn't see the interview yet but there have been videos of segal and silva training on youtube 3 months ago so peep it for yourself.

i'm trying to find a d/l link of the event.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Spotted Matt Hughes in Honolulu, probably in town training with BJ.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

UFC 129 in Toronto; sold out, 52,000 in attendance. :ohsh:

Hope the fighters get a big raise for that event, along with the bonuses.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

The day of Fedor fights isn't good for my stomach. :(

Kid That's Lifeless

bbatson1 wrote:The day of Fedor fights isn't good for my stomach. :(
I almost want Fedor to lose because M-1 has already been bitching about drug testing and I'm fairly confident that they will use their bullshit "renegotiating" tactics to stall an Overeem/Fedor fight. That said, Fedor TKO round 1.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

^Drug testing is good in my opinion. Everyone should be doing it anyways. They should get it going reguardless of his opinion on Reem because they'll need to do it for Barnett anyways.

edit. .Silva has gotten in trouble before as well.