2010 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Pac/Mayweather can still fight Berto/Martinez before they have their super fight

both are legit opponents who add to each of their legacies
Why keep delaying? What excuse do you have for him not to take the Pac fight now?

ADR

Post by ADR »

Screamed at my Samsung near the end of the first fight. Little white trash Litzau is on the verge of a major upset and he's just looking at Caballero. Looking. Hit that motherfucker!

Entertaining fight. Silly loss for Caballero.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Carl Froch put on a clinic against Arthur Abraham Saturday. Will fight Glen Johnson in the Super 6 semis - should be a good one.

ADR

Post by ADR »

He's not getting enough credit for what he's done in the past year or so.

Ran a close one with Dirrell, beat Kessler, beat Abraham. I originally didn't like him, but he's put in work.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Actually he beat Dirrell, and was robbed on the scorecard against Kessler, losing that one. I agree with what you're saying though. He's been facing some very tough competition.

Plus, he's got an unorthodox style, which is always fun to watch IMO. Somebody needed to gag that wag on Saturday though. Honey was losing her shit.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Pac/Mayweather can still fight Berto/Martinez before they have their super fight

both are legit opponents who add to each of their legacies
Why keep delaying? What excuse do you have for him not to take the Pac fight now?
there's no delay on mayweathers side

Mayweather wanted olympic style testing, Pac agreed but wanted a cut off date, Mayweather ceded and gave a 14 day cut off date for blood tests, after that pac's camp came with all there ridiculous demands(million dollar fines, 8 oz gloves, etc.) don't blame the mayweather camp for delaying this fight

That JMM vs Katsidis was a great fight, stopped a little early they should have gave a standing 8 count

Berto made quick work so couldn't really judge his fight
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Stop drinking the Mayweather kool aid. Mayweather did not agree to 14 days and demanded 7 days, he agreed to million dollar fines and the gloves. Pac agreed to 7 days during second negotiotians and everything looked like it would be signed. Mayweather disappeared and then without finding any real reason to not fight Pac said, "There was no negotiations to start with and I am just relaxing."

Representatives from HBO already came out and said there was negotiations so that is a lie, and May just got came out of his 'retirement', so why does he need rest now? The only excuse May has that actually makes sense is that he wants for his uncles trial to be over... But in reality that doesnt even start till next year so he could of went through whole training camp and already fought Pac with no hold ups caused by that trial.

May is a bitch, there is no way around it.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:Stop drinking the Mayweather kool aid. Mayweather did not agree to 14 days and demanded 7 days, he agreed to million dollar fines and the gloves. Pac agreed to 7 days during second negotiotians and everything looked like it would be signed. Mayweather disappeared and then without finding any real reason to not fight Pac said, "There was no negotiations to start with and I am just relaxing."

Representatives from HBO already came out and said there was negotiations so that is a lie, and May just got came out of his 'retirement', so why does he need rest now? The only excuse May has that actually makes sense is that he wants for his uncles trial to be over... But in reality that doesnt even start till next year so he could of went through whole training camp and already fought Pac with no hold ups caused by that trial.

May is a bitch, there is no way around it.
hahaha man I don't really care either way

if you think may's a bitch you gotta think Pac who only fights fighters that are washed up or demands catch weights, but won't fight JMM at a catchweight is the biggest bitch in the boxing world

Mayweather fought Mosley, thats a better opponent than Pac's entire resume
UBM CD COMING SOON

ADR

Post by ADR »

Versive wrote:Actually he beat Dirrell, and was robbed on the scorecard against Kessler, losing that one. I agree with what you're saying though. He's been facing some very tough competition.

Plus, he's got an unorthodox style, which is always fun to watch IMO. Somebody needed to gag that wag on Saturday though. Honey was losing her shit.
Oh I know what the judges said, I'm just being real about it.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Jayou Ayen wrote: Larry Merchant is such an old ass faggot.
He brings up the death of Katsidis's brother, to which he has an emotional reaction (duh). He starts to talk about it, and Merchant cuts him off.
:bunk:
I'm watching this DVR'ed so I haven't gotten up to that yet, but did you guys see him lean back in his chair and give Litzau two thumbs down when he leaned through the ropes to say something to them? What was that all about?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

LAS VEGAS ג€“ Promoter Bob Arum said Monday he doesnג€™t believe Floyd Mayweather will be available to fight Manny Pacquiao in May, so heג€™s narrowed his choices for the pound-for-pound kingג€™s next bout to Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Andre Berto.
Can't be mad at that list, can you tweak?..

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:
LAS VEGAS ג€“ Promoter Bob Arum said Monday he doesnג€™t believe Floyd Mayweather will be available to fight Manny Pacquiao in May, so heג€™s narrowed his choices for the pound-for-pound kingג€™s next bout to Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Andre Berto.
No, Mosley is getting up there but atleast it gives him a legit name to add to the resume

Berto is a lot of hype but he's got good handspeed and power

JMM i don't want anywhere near 147, I think 140 would be a good weight for the bout.(was the Mayweather fight at 142?)

The funny thing is whichever opponent Manny chooses Mayweather will just come out and fight Sergio Martinez to kill Pac Man's hype it was the same when Pac fought Clottey and Mayweather chose a tougher opponent in Mosley.
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
No, Mosley is getting up there but atleast it gives him a legit name to add to the resume

Berto is a lot of hype but he's got good handspeed and power

JMM i don't want anywhere near 147, I think 140 would be a good weight for the bout.(was the Mayweather fight at 142?)

The funny thing is whichever opponent Manny chooses Mayweather will just come out and fight Sergio Martinez to kill Pac Man's hype it was the same when Pac fought Clottey and Mayweather chose a tougher opponent in Mosley.
I agree with everthing you said, but it does contradict what you said earlier.. You just gave May credit for fighting Mosely 7 months ago and NOW he is up there and way too old? I do think he is worst of 3 options, but I thought you would like it since you gave May credit for beating him.

And yea, May fought Marquez at 142. Anything over 140 is a joke. I agree if they fight it should be at 140, but I doubt they fight and I doubt it would be at 140. I just thought you would be happy since you mentioned him before as Pac being scared to fight him.

I hope he fights Berto and think he deserves it. I felt bad for him for not being able to fight Mosely. He could of gotten two huge paydays if he did that, one for beating him and then another for losing to May/Pac, now he is just getting one if at all.

I doubt May fight Martinez, way too much of a challenge.. And again, if he is going to fight why not fight Pac? Pac said he would do 7 day drug testing and May already agreed to million dollar overweight clause, gloves size, and all that, so there is 0 reason not to fight him if he is going to be in a boxing at all. I guess he would rather box out his BM and kids.

Arum also again ruled out a fight against Martinez.
Arum once again definitively ruled out middleweight champion Sergio Martinez as a potential Pacquiao opponent. He said that although Martinez, ranked No. 3 in the current Yahoo! Sports pound-for-pound ratings, has agreed to come down to 154 for a Pacquiao fight, the weight at the weigh-in doesnג€™t matter.

What Arum is concerned about is what the fighters will weigh when they rehydrate after the weigh-in. Pacquiao rehydrated to about 148 pounds for the Margarito fight after weighing in at 144.6. Martinez would probably come in at 170 or even 175 pounds.

ג€œIf Martinez comes in at 175 pounds, heג€™s about 30 pounds bigger than Manny is and thatג€™s not a fair fight,ג€ Arum said. ג€œHe could weigh whatever he wants on Friday [at the weigh-in], but that doesnג€™t matter. They all starve themselves and dehydrate in order to make the weight. Itג€™s what they weigh the next day, when they walk into the ring, that matters.ג€

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I don't no where you find he agreed to the 7 day blood testing, I have a video of Roach right here saying the oppposite.

I think even old mosley still possesses problems for anyone cus he always has the 1 punch knockout power, and a strong chin.

I think either 3 will be game opponents(except JMM at 147) so I definitely like it

While Martinez is riding a high wave due to ko'ing my nigga Tall Paul he will get outpointed easily by Mayweather
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yea, before the first talks fell through. The second time he did agree with to testing up to 7 days.
Koncz revealed that Pacquiao was willing to allow random, Olympic style-drug testing up to a week before the fight. Mayweatherג€™s side, whoג€™s 14 day cutoff period was rejected by Pacquiao earlier this year, had said following his Shane Mosley win that there would be no further compromise.

In May, Mayweather stated in order for the fight to come off, Pacquiaoג€™s side would have to agree to the blood testing through fight night. Pacquiaoג€™s side, going back to his last loss against Erik Morales in 2005, has had a notable aversion to having his blood drawn, believing it weakens him.

ג€œWe pretty much agreed to everything with the drug testing, just not within seven days,ג€ Koncz stated.

When asked if his career would be incomplete without the Mayweather superfight, Manny Pacquiao argued that his legacy is already secure with or without Mayweather.
The funniest part is before Pac said he would do 14 that is what May asked for, then Pac agreed and May said he wanted 7 days, then Pac agrees to that and then May disappears.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Bradley vs. Alexander to take place at the Silverdome

December 1st, 2010

By Chris Williams: The January 29th bout between WBC light welterweight champion Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KOג€™s) and WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11 KOג€™s) will be fighting at the Silverdome, in Detroit, Michigan, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

The two fighters have been trying to find a venue for the fight for weeks, and finally have found a neutral location that pleases both of them.

Itג€™s unclear how many of their fans will be willing to travel to Michigan to see them fight, however. But if the fight were to take place in Alexanderג€™s home city of Saint Louis, Missouri, it might have been tough for Bradley to get a decision.

Alexander won a controversial 12 round decision over former WBA light welterweight champion Andriy Kotelnik in his last fight last August. There was worry that Bradley might have a hard time getting a fair shake had the fight taken place in Saint Louis.

The winner of the Bradley-Alexander fight will be facing the winner of the Amir Khan vs. Marcos Maidana fight. This is an important fight for Bradley and Alexander, because it puts them in the position of a big attention-getting fight against the Khan-Maidana winner. Bradley and Alexander are both on the cusp of becoming big stars but they need a couple of more big wins before they get to that level.

If I was to pick a winner of the Alexander vs. Bradley bout, Iג€™d have to go with Bradley. Alexander looked lost in the Kotelnik fight and is lucky he got the win over the Ukrainian.

Bradley has looked nothing short of sensational in beating Lamont Peterson, Kendall Holt and Luis Carlos Abregu in the past year. Those have all been big wins for Bradley. However, a win over Alexander will really get the publicג€™s attention and if Bradley can beat the Khan-Maidana winner, heג€™ll be in a strong position to make a case for himself to fight Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Source

Versive

Post by Versive »

2 Cruiserweights fought Friday night on Showtime. I think the challenger's name was Ed Perry. Anyway, they briefly mentioned that his last fight occurred earlier this year and was an unsanctioned bout against an opponent with a record of 0-2.

Apart from it being totally badass, I was under the impression that fighting in unsanctioned bouts is a major no-no that can get your license revoked. Am I wrong about this?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I was more excited about Bradley vs. Alexander before Alexander last fight. I though Alexander had a real good chance but now I think Bradley takes it easy.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Versive wrote:2 Cruiserweights fought Friday night on Showtime. I think the challenger's name was Ed Perry. Anyway, they briefly mentioned that his last fight occurred earlier this year and was an unsanctioned bout against an opponent with a record of 0-2.

Apart from it being totally badass, I was under the impression that fighting in unsanctioned bouts is a major no-no that can get your license revoked. Am I wrong about this?
No clue but a lot of State Athletic Commissions are lax as fuck concerning combat sports.

Kayode is a bad dude but credit to Perry for staying in there as long as he did - especially for being a part-time fighter, full time construction guy.

---

December 11

(Showtime)

Yonnhy Perez
(20-0-1, 14 KO)
versus
Joseph Agbeko
(27-2, 22 KO)

Vic Darchinyan
(35-2-1, 27 KO)
versus
Abner Mares
(20-0-1, 13 KO

+

December 11

(HBO)

Amir Khan
(23-1, 17 KO)
versus
Marcos Maidana
(29-1, 27 KO)

Lamont Peterson
(28-1, 14 KO)
versus
Victor Ortiz
(28-2-1, 22 KO)

ADR

Post by ADR »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DQOZqnFK7o?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DQOZqnFK7o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll never get tired of watching Vic Darchinyan knock out Cristian Mijares. I don't like this chances in this tourny though, he's simply not a bantamweight; plus Mares can take a good shot.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Arum said with no Martinez fight in Cotto's future, he would attempt to make a rematch between Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Arum said with no Martinez fight in Cotto's future, he would attempt to make a rematch between Cotto and Antonio Margarito.
yeah Arum's gonna milk his boys for all they got, prob put the winner against Pac again to fatten his pockets some more
UBM CD COMING SOON

ADR

Post by ADR »

The kind of punches Darchinyan is landing on Mares would have leveled opponents at 112 or 115 but have no effect at 118.

His whole style is nullified at this weight-class.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Khan/ Maidana is some compelling shit. End of Round 10 and Amir might not make it.

mud

Post by mud »

Khan/Maidana was a great fight.

Watch it if you didn't last night.

http://hotfile.com/dl/88876618/84fb90b/ ... E.rar.html

dubs

Post by dubs »

mud wrote:Khan/Maidana was a great fight.

Watch it if you didn't last night.

http://hotfile.com/dl/88876618/84fb90b/ ... E.rar.html
:cheers: gonne peep missed it last night.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

dubs

Post by dubs »

thoughts on BHop?
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Very tough fight to judge. I saw it as a draw but could see it being called a 1 point victory for Hopkins too.

Definitely sympathize with Hopkins' post-fight remarks, and it's tough to get rewarded with anything less than a victory when you're 45 putting on that type of performance. If that fight had taken place in the US Hopkins would be holding the belt right now.

mud

Post by mud »

Hopkins won it.

It's such bullshit that Pascal can get away with dodging a rematch, if a fight is a draw there should be rematch within 6 months every time.

ADR

Post by ADR »

El Rey wrote:Bradley vs. Alexander to take place at the Silverdome

December 1st, 2010

By Chris Williams: The January 29th bout between WBC light welterweight champion Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KOג€™s) and WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11 KOג€™s) will be fighting at the Silverdome, in Detroit, Michigan, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

The two fighters have been trying to find a venue for the fight for weeks, and finally have found a neutral location that pleases both of them.

Itג€™s unclear how many of their fans will be willing to travel to Michigan to see them fight, however. But if the fight were to take place in Alexanderג€™s home city of Saint Louis, Missouri, it might have been tough for Bradley to get a decision.

Alexander won a controversial 12 round decision over former WBA light welterweight champion Andriy Kotelnik in his last fight last August. There was worry that Bradley might have a hard time getting a fair shake had the fight taken place in Saint Louis.

The winner of the Bradley-Alexander fight will be facing the winner of the Amir Khan vs. Marcos Maidana fight. This is an important fight for Bradley and Alexander, because it puts them in the position of a big attention-getting fight against the Khan-Maidana winner. Bradley and Alexander are both on the cusp of becoming big stars but they need a couple of more big wins before they get to that level.

If I was to pick a winner of the Alexander vs. Bradley bout, Iג€™d have to go with Bradley. Alexander looked lost in the Kotelnik fight and is lucky he got the win over the Ukrainian.

Bradley has looked nothing short of sensational in beating Lamont Peterson, Kendall Holt and Luis Carlos Abregu in the past year. Those have all been big wins for Bradley. However, a win over Alexander will really get the publicג€™s attention and if Bradley can beat the Khan-Maidana winner, heג€™ll be in a strong position to make a case for himself to fight Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Source
It looks like Kendall "Rated R" Holt is scheduled to fight on the undercard,

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer

He said he was moving up to 147 after getting whooped by Kaizer Mabuza (who Zab Judah should be fighting soon)