OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Captin Planit wrote:Nets making a playoff run, let's gooooooooo.
I'm not getting my hopes up but it's certainly not out of the question. Gonna need a lot of help though. Still, it's been 3 years since the last 5 game winning streak and the prospect of having D-Will long term is the most excited I've been about the Nets in years.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Only complaint is I would really love a strong lottery pick on this team.

EDIT: Fuck, didn't realize the dealt pick was unprotected. Boooooo.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

:lol:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Wade :bow: :ohsh:

Just gave sent it back to Duncan :copy:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

He's like the anti-Image.

EDIT: Not Wade.
Last edited by Captin Planit on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Captin Planit wrote:Only complaint is I would really love a strong lottery pick on this team.

EDIT: Fuck, didn't realize the dealt pick was unprotected. Boooooo.
Yeah gonna need Houston to grab the 8 seed in the west to get their pick. As of now they only have the Lakers pick which will probably be around 25 or 26. Not sure what kind of protection the Rockets pick has beyond this season.

an-also

Post by an-also »

When its all said and done, I think Miami will be in the finals this year.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

TAKE THAT TAKE THAT

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

an-also wrote:When its all said and done, I think Miami will be in the finals this year.
Bosh seems to be on a warpath now, something that isn't a good sign for the rest of the league

also Denver seems to be better with Melo gone and look like a real threat to OKC

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I got a new shannon brown block about to go in my sig.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

Incase anyone is wondering...
Steve Francis, who's averaging 0.5 points and 0.7 rebounds in China, has been cut by the Beijing Ducks, report says.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

bynum vs. howard is a ton of fun to watch
Nets 2022

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

lol at howard saying (of bynum) "he's very long.....Pause"

hahahha
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8D4oKMOPcQ?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8D4oKMOPcQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

lol @ Howard.

And word to Chris Bosh. This guy is out of his mind all of a sudden.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gus johnson's "Pause" > D12's "Pause"

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LMAO just when you thought sterling couldn't be more of a scumbag:

Players paid for Kim Hughes' surgery
EmailPrintComments
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Former Los Angeles Clippers coach Kim Hughes is used to helping players, but it was players who stepped up for him in his time of need.

In September 2004, while he was a Clippers assistant, Hughes was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was premed at Wisconsin, so he had an idea what he was up against. His doctor told him that he could wait a few months for surgery, but the team was preparing for training camp and he didn't want to miss a chunk of the season recuperating. So Hughes went for a second opinion and found a doctor that would do the surgery a week later.

"But he wasn't covered under my insurance plan," Hughes told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "We had a certain group of doctors we could go to. So if I elected to use him, it'd be out of my pocket.

"[The Clippers] didn't talk to me directly about it. They told, I believe my agent, that the reason they couldn't pay for the surgery is if they paid for mine, if anybody else had a problem -- head coach, secretary, assistant coach -- if they paid for mine, the onus would be on them for everybody else.

More on the Clippers

For more news, notes and analysis of the LA Clippers, check out the ClipperBlog from Kevin Arnovitz and D.J. Foster. Blog

"I said, 'That's fine. I choose to try and save my life, and if I have to pay for it myself, I will.'"

Then coach Mike Dunleavy, who had recommended the new doctor, mentioned Hughes' plight to some players.

Several players on that team -- including Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand and Marko Jaric -- offered to help.

"Kim was one of our coaches and he's a really good friend of mine, too," Maggette said, according to the Journal Times of Racine, Wis. "He was in a situation where the Clippers' medical coverage wouldn't cover his surgery. I thought it was a great opportunity to help someone in need, to do something that Christ would do.

"It shows your humanity, that you care for other people and not just yourself. Kim was in a life-and-death situation."

Hughes' desire to get the surgery over with quickly proved to be a smart move. The cancer had progressed and was threatening other parts of his body.

"Normally it's a very slow-growing cancer," Hughes told ESPNLosAngeles.com, adding that his father and twin brother also had prostate cancer. "It's one of the slowest, but mine was caused by genetic factors and it was a very aggressive and fast-spreading cancer."

Hughes had his entire prostate removed and didn't miss training camp, thanks to the players.

"Those guys saved my life," Hughes said, according to the Journal Times. "They paid the whole medical bill. It was like $70,000 or more. It wasn't cheap.

"It showed you what classy people they are. They didn't want me talking about it; they didn't want the recognition because they simply felt it was the right thing to do."

Maggette, who now plays for the Bucks, said that Hughes thanks him every time they see each other.

"I've said to him, 'Kim, come on. You don't have to do that. You're good,' " Maggette said, according to the newspaper. "It just shows you what kind of person he is, to keep thanking me all the time for that. Like I said, it was just my time to serve another human being.

"I think if anyone on my team is in that kind of situation, I would try to help him out if I could. That's just the person I am. I was raised that way."

Hughes, who took over for Dunleavy last season but was not brought back by the Clippers, said that the players showed that you can't judge an NBA player by the flashy exterior.

"Corey is perceived by some people as not being a good person because he seems to be aloof and arrogant," Hughes said, according to the newspaper. "But they don't know him. He's a good man; he's a great man.

"You can have all the money, all the success, all that stuff, all those so-called important things in life, but in the end, you're judged by what you did for your fellow man. Corey will always be an important part of my life. What he and those other guys did for me put things in perspective."

The Clippers did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Hughes' situation.

ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne contributed to this report.
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Wow.

Maggette >

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I know that you guys have been waiting for more Derrick Rose news. I was recently discussing Derrick's free throw prowess with one of my buddies, and we figured that he might be up there with the league leaders since the beginning of the year. I mean, it seems like he rarely ever misses from the line these days. I did some research, and this is how good he's been as of late:

Since January 1: 88% (221/251)
Since February 1: 89% (110/124)

Remember, coming into this season, Derrick was a high 70s FT percentage guy. He shot 76% last season.

Motherfucker is now approaching Chauncey/Nash/Curry/Augustin status with the free throws. Ain't that some crazy shit?
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
very impressive.

almost as impressive as rondo's DECLINE (srsly it's hard to get WORSE at shooting free throws for someone who sucked so bad his whole career) in free throws is pathetic
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

eternalreflection wrote:here's some key info
on court/off court

Rose +6.3/+5.0
Lebron +9.3/-1.6
Howard +7.6/+0.1

the whole the Bulls would be awful without Rose is fiction(they have a lot deeper talent pool than Miami which has 3players), and people overrate how good Miami would be without Lebron
The Bulls have arguably the best bench in the NBA. Our subs annihilate opposing subs. Nobody should be surprised that the Bulls are +5 when Rose is off the court.

I don't know who said that the Bulls would be awful without Rose - maybe some 13 year old on the realgm boards? I wouldn't put too much weight into what 8th graders have to say about basketball, dude.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

the bulls do not have a better bench then the mavericks.

no team mixes and matches better then the dallas mavericks do.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I think Phoenix prob has the deepest bench.

Brooks
Pietrus
Dudley
Warrick
Gortat
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:the bulls do not have a better bench then the mavericks.

no team mixes and matches better then the dallas mavericks do.
I'd agree if Caron Butler was still in the starting lineup. Without him, it's kind of a hard sell. The defense of Brewer/Gibson/Asik is just way too suffocating.

That said, I'd have the Mavericks right behind the Bulls.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I think Phoenix prob has the deepest bench.

Brooks
Pietrus
Dudley
Warrick
Gortat
True, but that shit just got thrown together right quick, so for our purposes, I don't think that they'd qualify, although it's a very impressive collection of talent. There ain't much cohesion or chemistry there, unlike the Bulls and Mavericks. I mean, even if the Bulls have a lot of new players, at least they've had a training camp and 65 regular season games together. Some of those Phoenix guys wouldn't recognize each other outside of the stadium.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hahah I actually think the bench is prob better than the starters on most nights, they just get thrown for a loop not playing with Nash.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:hahah I actually think the bench is prob better than the starters on most nights, they just get thrown for a loop not playing with Nash.
Yeah, the Suns are really weird, as currently constructed.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

hawks on 19-0 run as i am typing this

and tyler is awesome wtf. pacers playing hard
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

JOE JOHNSON

he has made at least two 27 to 28 foot 3 poiters
Nets 2022