The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

binary

Re: The Official MMA Thread

Post by binary »

Wow, if Anderson doesn't goof off like a fuckface, he wins that fight and coasts to a victory, what a dumb move. He's probably never going to be the same either, what a shame.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Nice card.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so does my beloved korean zombie have even a slight shot at beating aldo from a technical, non-miracle standpoint?
Nets 2022

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Reason wrote:so does my beloved korean zombie have even a slight shot at beating aldo from a technical, non-miracle standpoint?
Of course he had a chance...he's the Korean Zombie!

Realistically it's tough to see him taking it...but every time folks underestimate him he surprises them. I'm riding with him though, win or lose. If can actually be the first to hold Aldo down(easier says than done of course) he might can get him tire out and do se damage.

Aldo is monster, but I'll be rooting for KZ

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

binary wrote:Wow, if Anderson doesn't goof off like a fuckface, he wins that fight and coasts to a victory, what a dumb move. He's probably never going to be the same either, what a shame.

Exactly my thoughts. Really sad to see such a legendary fighter go out like that. Weidman looked totally baffled after Silva go up and started getting in his groove too. I'm not ever sure Weidman was gonna be able to take him down again.

Anderson played way too much and paid the price.

The ironic thing is if he'd have won everyone would be talking about how much a fighting genius he was. Guess being such a great fighter is a double edged sword? Just makes me sad.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

just like rogan said if you don't respect the other fighter ( fighting with hands down) you'll pay the price. he slid by doing it for so long it was bond to catch up. now he just joins the list of other fighters doing the same overeem ect...

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Req wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote::rofl:

dumbest shit I've seen since
am i buggin or didnt RJJ do something like this to Tarver also?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Roy Jones always fought with his hands down and would clown in spots so you could say he was always flirting with the possibility of getting KO'd, but he never exercised that level of stupidity against Tarver. It's too bad Anderson didn't learn his lesson years ago when he fought some cab driver and tried to dazzle the crowd with the Ali shuffle

apparently his Pernell Whitaker impression is even worse. Embarrassing defeat for a guy regarded as p4p #1, but still a great fighter though.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

HopeLess wrote: Weidman looked totally baffled after Silva go up and started getting in his groove too. I'm not ever sure Weidman was gonna be able to take him down again.

This x 1000.

It seemed like Silva did a good job in the first round of surviving the early onslaught, escaping submission attempts etc. The clowning in round 1 was definitely excessive, but didn't seem too ridiculous. Then when Silva stuffed Weidman's takedoown in the 2nd, Weidman looked shook as fuck, and was just standing there, throwing no strikes and not going for any takedowns. I thought Silva was going to go into beast mode then and there but instead he continues to taunt more and more ridiculously (head tilted all the way back while standing right in front of dude, wtf!).

Anyone else think that the initial knockdown punch was still trolling by Silva at first? I did, lol.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Reason wrote:so does my beloved korean zombie have even a slight shot at beating aldo from a technical, non-miracle standpoint?
Aldo's striking is super technical and crisp while KZ's is pretty sloppy (albeit effective). I don't see Aldo being troubled by his standup and he will slowly pick him apart. Possible leg kick destruction by Aldo if KZ just keeps plodding forward winging punches too.

I think Pettis would have been far more dangerous to Aldo, but this fight will be awesome regardless.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Moolah wrote:
HopeLess wrote: Weidman looked totally baffled after Silva go up and started getting in his groove too. I'm not ever sure Weidman was gonna be able to take him down again.

This x 1000.

It seemed like Silva did a good job in the first round of surviving the early onslaught, escaping submission attempts etc. The clowning in round 1 was definitely excessive, but didn't seem too ridiculous. Then when Silva stuffed Weidman's takedoown in the 2nd, Weidman looked shook as fuck, and was just standing there, throwing no strikes and not going for any takedowns. I thought Silva was going to go into beast mode then and there but instead he continues to taunt more and more ridiculously (head tilted all the way back while standing right in front of dude, wtf!).

Anyone else think that the initial knockdown punch was still trolling by Silva at first? I did, lol.
Lol, I thought he was goofing initially too! Especially after his super punch out-esque wobbly leg taunt.

After watching again I'm even more convinced that Weidman was shook. If Silva had actually been countering instead of trying to play mind games he would coasted or finished him.

Then there's this :

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/7/450 ... um=twitter

:naswtf: :owens:

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Moolah wrote:
Aldo's striking is super technical and crisp while KZ's is pretty sloppy (albeit effective). I don't see Aldo being troubled by his standup and he will slowly pick him apart. Possible leg kick destruction by Aldo if KZ just keeps plodding forward winging punches too.

I think Pettis would have been far more dangerous to Aldo, but this fight will be awesome regardless.
Yeah KZ is one of my favorite fighters, but it's very hard to see him winning just because Aldo is so athletic and dominant.

I will say though, KZ has slick, underrated striking and big power, along with a very solid wrestling and ju-jitsu game. He's definitely got the tools to give Jose problems, it's just going to be very hard. Guys like Mendes, Florian and Faber failed to take him down and keep him down, so it's hard to see Jung doing it, and really that's the clearest path to victory besides and Hail Mary KO/submission.

And I totally agree, with KZ's style being that flat footed come forward style I can see Jose demolishing his legs with kicks.

Should be an exciting fight though because KZ comes to fight and finish, so I think that will push Aldo to do the same.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

HopeLess wrote:
Of course he had a chance...he's the Korean Zombie!

Realistically it's tough to see him taking it...but every time folks underestimate him he surprises them. I'm riding with him though, win or lose. If can actually be the first to hold Aldo down(easier says than done of course) he might can get him tire out and do se damage.

Aldo is monster, but I'll be rooting for KZ
:cheers:
Moolah wrote:

i think aldo will have to make a big mistake for KZ to have a shot...he just seems so much more imposing than any other opponent KZ has had in ufc at least

HopeLess wrote: Yeah KZ is one of my favorite fighters, but it's very hard to see him winning just because Aldo is so athletic and dominant.

I will say though, KZ has slick, underrated striking and big power, along with a very solid wrestling and ju-jitsu game. He's definitely got the tools to give Jose problems, it's just going to be very hard. Guys like Mendes, Florian and Faber failed to take him down and keep him down, so it's hard to see Jung doing it, and really that's the clearest path to victory besides and Hail Mary KO/submission.

And I totally agree, with KZ's style being that flat footed come forward style I can see Jose demolishing his legs with kicks.

Should be an exciting fight though because KZ comes to fight and finish, so I think that will push Aldo to do the same.
kz seems to pick up a trick between every fight so i'm hoping he is as weary as we are and has something prepared for aldo...if aldo is super cocky and maybe has an easy first round or two, maybe kZ can sneak something in in later rounds...i just hope he doesn't over-extend his face into aldo's foot
Nets 2022

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

Anyone think sliva was sending a big fuck u to Dana?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:Anyone think sliva was sending a big fuck u to Dana?
Thought about it but then why not just let Weidman get the heel hook and tap? no use almost getting concussed to send that message.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695 ... d-the-king

This article breaks down how Chris attacked Anderson's bob/weave style perfectly.
UBM CD COMING SOON

binary

Post by binary »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Thought about it but then why not just let Weidman get the heel hook and tap? no use almost getting concussed to send that message.

This article breaks down how Chris attacked Anderson's bob/weave style perfectly.

eh what? Anderson lost because he was being a jackass and Weidman didn't get phased by his antics, that's pretty much what happened.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

hell no woadie you are not getting me to ever click a bleacher report link fuck them
Nets 2022

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:

I'm just saying because Dana was really upset with him showboating in the miaia fight and also said if he did that shit again he would shit can him. And to me this last fight was prolly one of his worst display of showboating

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:

I'm just saying because Dana was really upset with him showboating in the miaia fight and also said if he did that shit again he would shit can him. And to me this last fight was prolly one of his worst display of showboating
nah maaaaan. Dana was pissed during that Maia fight because Silva showboated by coasting and refusing to engage his opponent at all.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

wait so he wasn't showboating when he got hit with the first shot?

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^The shot that dropped him was legit. The shots before that were Silva trolling.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

drobizhek wrote:wait so he wasn't showboating when he got hit with the first shot?
Point is he's showboated in almost every fight, Weidman threw the perfect combo(the girlie backfist acted as R-L combo so Silva expected another R but instead got the Left of doom that KO'd Uriah Hall

Not saying Silva won't win a rematch as I thought Weidman started to slow in the 2nd round ala his fight with Damien Maia but his striking especially with Silva keeping his hands low to defend the takedown will give Anderson problems.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

TJ Grant injured.

Pettis v Bendo II :ohhh:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

^just coming here to post this.....super stoked for that match up.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

He said he got a concussion doing BJJ. :sherlock:

I don't really like either so i'll just sit back and enjoy.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

Sportscentre just reported UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva 2 in December. That's a quick turnaround.
Buy my mixtape.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

any watch the cyborg fight?

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:any watch the cyborg fight?
yeah. She looked good. Marloes is tough. Cyborg is strong as shit. There were some weaknesses I saw last nigh but on a big plus her cardio looked really good. I need to see her beat the dog shit out Rousey.

mud

Post by mud »

bbatson1 wrote:
I don't really like either so i'll just sit back and enjoy.
Insane.

Best realistic fight in the UFC.

WEC >>>>>>>>>>>
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

UFC on Fox is on tonight. Prelims start in an hour and a half.

Main Card (on FOX) 5pm PT/ 8pm ET/ 1am UK

UFC Flyweight Championship
Demetrious Johnson (c) (17-2-1) vs John Moraga (13-1)

Welterweight
Rory MacDonald (14-1) vs Jake Ellenberger (29-6)

Welterweight
Robbie Lawler (20-9) vs Bobby Voelker (24-9)

Women's Bantamweight
Liz Carmouche (8-3) vs Jessica Andrade (9-2)

Preliminary Bouts (on FX) 2pm PT/ 5pm ET/ 10pm UK

Lightweight
Michael Chiesa (9-0) vs Jorge Masvidal (24-7)

Lightweight
Tim Means (18-4-1) vs Danny Castillo (15-5)

Lightweight
Melvin Guillard (30-12-2) vs Mac Danzig (21-10-1)

Lightweight
Yves Edwards vs Daron Cruickshank (12-3)

Middleweight
Ed Herman (20-9) vs Trevor Smith (10-3)

Women's Bantamweight
Julie Kedzie (16-11) vs Germaine de Randamie (3-2)

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook/Yotube) 1pm PT/ 4pm ET/ 9pm UK

Lightweight
Aaron Riley (30-13-1) vs Justin Salas (10-4)

Bantamweight
John Albert (7-4) vs Yaotzin Meza (19-8)

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Melvin is vicious :ironmike: