2009 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Wow.

What a thorough destruction that was. Hatton was lucky to even make it out of the first round.

That first knock down was hilarious with Hatton trying to throw that punch and just ending on the canvas.

That knockout was so fucking vicious. I wouldn't have been surprised if Hatton broke some bones his face.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

That punch was nasty by Pacquaio. He had a full wind up and just melted Hatton. In one of the youtube vids from a foreign feed, they cut to Hatton's wife and mom after the knockout and they're both crying. Ruthless.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

I can't wait for the maywether pacquiao fight...

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Elias wrote:Wow. Pacman is a beast.

Pacquiao > Mayweather.

He merked Hatton. At least Hatton was having a good showing before PBF caught him in the tenth. Pac brought the fight to Ricky and destroyed him.
if pac and mayweather fought 36 rounds I think Mayweather would win atleast 26 of them.

does anybody foresee pac vs cotto next?
UBM CD COMING SOON

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

Pacquiao and Mayweather are my two favorite fighters so I would love to see them fight. I want to see how Mayweather's defense holds up against Pacquiao's speed.

In my opinion Pacquiao and Marquez split two really close fights and its not over yet between them. I think they need to fight one more to settle it, but I don't think Marquez can fuck with Pacquiao at 140 or over.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

We need a gif of that ko.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Moolah wrote:We need a gif of that ko.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Crazy cysed for this game. I think we have or had a videogame forum...but whatever this is more appropriate here:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FACLrHUih0w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FACLrHUih0w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Roster as now:
I'm hoping they get Floyd and Marquez in before the release. I guess the release is sometime in July.

Elias

Post by Elias »

Mayweather is a counterpuncher and Pac's style plays somewhat to him. However, I believe that Mayweather has always had superior hand speed compared to his opponents. That would be negated against pacman. Pacman has MUCH better D under Roach and doesn't get hit the same way he used to when he trades. In fact, i would argue tht his footwork has improved dramatically and that means that is in and out much faster than he used to be making him much harder to hit. AND Pac was MUCH stronger than Hatton. Mayweather was not. In fact, he was bullied by a smaller Hatton early in his fight with Ricky.

I think Pac wins that fight---and by KO.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

I was in Vegas and it was nuts. I went to the weigh-in and it was probably 80% Hatton fans, drumming and chanting - trying to drown out all of us Manny fans. I also copped a ticket to watch the fight at Mandalay in closed circuit. It was mostly Manny fans this time, so imagine how crazy it was when the KO happened. After the fight though, we had drinks with the brits and it was good times...

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

cotto -clottey countdown is on. june 13th. i hope miguel comes to rock

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

oracle21 wrote:cotto -clottey countdown is on. june 13th. i hope miguel comes to rock
he's already ducked plenty of rocks (literally thrown) from Evangelista, not to mention Marga-cheato's loaded gloves.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yeah i mean the lack of a lead trainer has me a lil worried but im sure he will come focused vs clottey. clottey is no slouch

Elias

Post by Elias »

For us fans, it doesn't matter. With their styles this is a no brainer guaranteed great fight.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Elias wrote:For us fans, it doesn't matter. With their styles this is a no brainer guaranteed great fight.
absolutely.
Just like how Saturday's Dawson-Tarver II on HBO(!??!) will be a guaranteed no brainer lame suckfest. Unless Antonio finally retires and replaces Lennox "definitely" Lewis as the color commentator for HBO.

Elias

Post by Elias »

Yeah, tarver would make a very good color commentator--unless he spends all of his time comparing fighters to himself and what he would do to them, like RJJ did the one time I heard him announce. haha. It was like listening to Tito Ortiz announce an MMA fight..."Yeah this fight is good but let's take alittle time to talk about me and what I would do in this situation..."

Elias

Post by Elias »

Dawson v. Glen Johnson is good but Dawson once again outclasses. he may hvae to make the jump to a higher weight..seriously who's out there for him competitively? Hopkins?

mud

Post by mud »

Check this dudes videos out

http://www.youtube.com/user/TALKBOXING
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

mud

Post by mud »

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

Elias wrote:Dawson v. Glen Johnson is good but Dawson once again outclasses. he may hvae to make the jump to a higher weight..seriously who's out there for him competitively? Hopkins?
you mean tarver?

dawson will have his chance at the bigger names in the next year or two. he has the potential to get the job done but cant get lazy like he did with tarver. he has to keep the pressure on. His combos work has really paid off. he is much more fluid now and still has his defensive mindset.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

for the record, I thought Glen Johnson snatched that fight from Dawson two years ago. He was cold robbed. Glen Johnson is a thug. Dawson is always fading at the end of fights. Calzaghe would work him.

mud

Post by mud »

Don't sleep on them videos....

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

Ward was impressive against miranda. miran da is nothing more than a gatekeeper now. granted his losses came to champions (ward, pavlik, abraham) but he just doesnt have it. ward will be on to big things. great to see him get some shine and come thru. angulo vs citron is gonna be a banger. not to mention berto vs urango. berto is the heavy fave but i wouldnt be suprised if urango wins that fight. I had berto losing to collazo by 4 points and they gave it to berto. matter of fact alot of heads had collazo winning that. urango has the pwoer to k nock berto out though. something collazo didnt.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... Y1"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... l1Tt69aPY1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

this mayweather/jmm card will be the best one of the year
UBM CD COMING SOON

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

duckin manny?

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

naturalborn103 wrote:<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... Y1"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... l1Tt69aPY1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>
lol Floyd was getting heated at the end of that interview.

There's no way he's not eventually fighting Pacquiao. That's the fight that boxing fans most want to see.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR WILL BEAT PACQUIAO IN A SPLIT DECISION. FLOYD WON'T KNOCK HIM OUT, BUT PACMAN WON'T BE ABLE TO HIT HIM MUCH NEITHER, MUCH LIKE DE LA HOYA WAS HITTIN NOTHIN BUT AIR.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

cotto should have that shot at pac man first if he can get past a game clottey