Scottie Pippen comparisons

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Badboys era rodman guarded Jordan and Pippen for spurts and did pretty well against both.
And Magic in the Finals.
and Larry Bird.

'96 Rodman couldn't guard none of these guys in their prime (maybe pippen for spurts). Hell, '88 Rodman probably couldn't either.

binary

Post by binary »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Vlad Analogue wrote:Binary/Roy, do you need any more proof?
I said earlier in this thread that he was the best defensive power forward of all time.

I agree.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

binary wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote:
Vlad Analogue wrote:Binary/Roy, do you need any more proof?
I said earlier in this thread that he was the best defensive power forward of all time.

I agree.
I just posted the wiki info to show you guys that he was indeed as versatile a defender as the other have claimed. All good.

:cheers:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Because it's so damn necessary...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N9vFHYVXtRk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N9vFHYVXtRk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1YchiFv-5M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1YchiFv-5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

binary your disrespect towards rodman is sickening

binary

Post by binary »

HomeSkillet wrote:binary your disrespect towards rodman is sickening
I think he's the best defensive power forward of all time.

Gregg Popabitch

binary wrote:
HomeSkillet wrote:binary your disrespect towards rodman is sickening
I think he's the best defensive power forward of all time.
No, you don't.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

How about a best defensive PF of all time poll?

Dennis Rodman
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Dave DeBusschere
Elvin Hayes
Charles Oakley
Bob Pettit
Karl Malone

Karl Malone might have been the strongest PF of all time, and he shut a lot of guys down on that basis. Anyone else? I'm sure that I'm forgetting someone.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Badboys era rodman guarded Jordan and Pippen for spurts and did pretty well against both.
And Magic in the Finals.
and Larry Bird.

'96 Rodman couldn't guard none of these guys in their prime (maybe pippen for spurts). Hell, '88 Rodman probably couldn't either.
I thought your whole point was rodman could guard any of those guys in their prime, weren't you bringing up the 96 finals payton defensive assignment as proof, why the switch nigga?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch

oooops, meant to say '97.

Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson wrote:How about a best defensive PF of all time poll?

Dennis Rodman
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Dave DeBusschere
Elvin Hayes
Charles Oakley
Bob Pettit
Karl Malone

Karl Malone might have been the strongest PF of all time, and he shut a lot of guys down on that basis. Anyone else? I'm sure that I'm forgetting someone.
No one but a hand ful of people here know who the hell debusschere, hayes, and pettit are.

and i think if anyone votes for Malone, they should be punched in the face.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I have to laugh at Malone

how about Hakeem when he played with Sampson, that was a strong defensive team, i know hakeem is a C but there are a lot of hybrid PF/C's

I think Rasheed Wallace has always been one of the better defensive PF/C

no love for the nigga horace grant?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I included Malone so that people wouldn't give me a hard time for not including him. He did have superhuman strength, though.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Roy Johnson wrote:I included Malone so that people wouldn't give me a hard time for not including him. He did have superhuman strength, though.
I loved the elbows/knees he would deliver, Dwight Howard is scarred of the Malone elbow
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch

McHale (even though roy johnson hates him because he's white) too.

I don't think Horace Grant would garner votes even though he along with AC Green was one of the better defensive PFs of our generation.

Gregg Popabitch

if you want to include a hybrid pf/c, include ben wallace.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I have to laugh at Malone

how about Hakeem when he played with Sampson, that was a strong defensive team, i know hakeem is a C but there are a lot of hybrid PF/C's

I think Rasheed Wallace has always been one of the better defensive PF/C

no love for the nigga horace grant?
Yeah, I'd keep guys that got a lot of time at center out of it. Rasheed Wallace is a good mention. Horace Grant was a good defensive player, but he didn't have any elite-level qualities.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:if you want to include a hybrid pf/c, include ben wallace.
He won all four of his DPOY awards out of the C slot if I'm not mistaken, but he was always more of a PF. I'd probably leave him out of it, though.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:McHale (even though roy johnson hates him because he's white) too.
I'd leave him out of it because he played in slow motion. That didn't stop him from shutting down Barkley, but good god was that dude slow.

Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:McHale (even though roy johnson hates him because he's white) too.
I'd leave him out of it because he played in slow motion. That didn't stop him from shutting down Barkley, but good god was that dude slow.
dude wasn't slow until he broke his foot. he had good lateral quickness until then. admit it, you hate him because he's white.

Gregg Popabitch

you seriously can't be real with the mchale moved in slow motion, right? you've seen this guy before he broke his foot, right?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:you seriously can't be real with the mchale moved in slow motion, right? you've seen this guy before he broke his foot, right?
Nah, I can't remember. When I think of McHale, I think of legendary fundamentals and poor foot speed. I'll add him to the poll, though.

Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:you seriously can't be real with the mchale moved in slow motion, right? you've seen this guy before he broke his foot, right?
Nah, I can't remember. When I think of McHale, I think of legendary fundamentals and poor foot speed. I'll add him to the poll, though.
buy espn classic immidiately to refresh memory.

also purchase this: http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Dynasty-Celti ... B0002V7U28

or this: http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Boston-Celtic ... d_sim_sg_5

Now that I actually have money, I'm starting to buy a lot of these DVD sets. they are really cheap on amazon and they have them on most teams.

ESPN Classic at late night is crucial though. They usually show pre 2000 games on the regular every tuesday night i think. It helped remind me how freakishly athletic Dwight howard is......How underrated Bob McAdoo is now........Shit, I was able to see the phoenix vs. celtics triple OT game because of Classic.

Mchale's foot speed was actually pretty good, man.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I purchased the NBA Dynasty Series as a Christmas gift for one of my buddies a few years back. I'll have to hit him up for DVD copies.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:Now that I actually have money, I'm starting to buy a lot of these DVD sets. they are really cheap on amazon and they have them on most teams.

ESPN Classic at late night is crucial though. They usually show pre 2000 games on the regular every tuesday night i think. It helped remind me how freakishly athletic Dwight howard is......How underrated Bob McAdoo is now........Shit, I was able to see the phoenix vs. celtics triple OT game because of Classic.

You got netflix? I see that they have a ton of NBA shit listed. I've been a member since August, and in that time, I've burnt at least 80 DVDs. I'm gonna have to start adding a lot of NBA stuff to my queue.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I remember watching some games and didn't Bird cover the PF slot most often?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:Now that I actually have money, I'm starting to buy a lot of these DVD sets. they are really cheap on amazon and they have them on most teams.

You got netflix? I see that they have a ton of NBA shit listed. I've been a member since August, and in that time, I've burnt at least 80 DVDs. I'm gonna have to start adding a lot of NBA stuff to my queue.
I have it on my PS3 but i haven't activated it yet.

if i wanted to burn NBA DVDs though, i could probably use torrents. Let me check it out.

Gregg Popabitch

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I remember watching some games and didn't Bird cover the PF slot most often?
they played it by matchup because sometimes mchale would cover the SF too. but make no mistake about it....mchale was a PF.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:I remember watching some games and didn't Bird cover the PF slot most often?
they played it by matchup because sometimes mchale would cover the SF too. but make no mistake about it....mchale was a PF.
no doubt i just remember birds lateral quickness being pretty shot so he had to body up the big men sometimes, he was a strong guy, also McHale did well on some of the better SF's of the 80's when they cross matched
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
no doubt i just remember birds lateral quickness being pretty shot so he had to body up the big men sometimes, he was a strong guy, also McHale did well on some of the better SF's of the 80's when they cross matched
bird's lateral quickness wasn't shot till he fucked up his back. He also had really quick hands. He could guard some SFs but the quicker ones or the more troublesome ones in general would go to Mchale most of the time.