Official World Basketball Championship Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Trub320 wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:Iverson is laughing at battier and co.
dont talk about shane battier like hes the captain of this team. point the finger at the co captains wade, james, anthony. these guys have no pride at all. i dont like kobe but if he was playing he wouldnt be having this. plus jerry colangelo needs to be fired.
hahahhaha kobe would have gotten mad and kept giving the ball to battier

bringinoutbangerz wrote:lets blame coach K
lets do
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

the biggest upset of the tournament is argentina losing

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:500 thousand miles from japan in a secluded mansion in LA, with his aviator glasses, and i'm an emo thug image.....Kobe Bryant was watching this game and snickering.....saying to himself "I'll be your Hero at the olympics, America. And then, you will finally revel in my greatness like you always should've. MooWoo.....MooWooHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA"
so true and he will bring gold back no doubt

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Trub320 wrote:Dwayne Wade cant win championships without Shaq
hes such a little whiney bitch, like always. i tried to have some patrotism and root for these pampered baby little bitches , minus ballhawk kirk hinrich, the turning point was when i saw wade miss that layup the other night against australia, and then he got poked in the eye (which he really didnt) and rolled around on the floor like he always does for about 5 minutes like he got hit with a piece of shrapnel.
carmelo probly isnt even mad about this loss because all he cares about is that he scored the most points , all that bitch cares about is scoring, he is just a more hyped version of glenn robinson.
as for coach k, ill just say that north carolina would have won this tournament if they sent there team over there.

kobe and a healthy mcgrady still easily the best 2 wing players in the league, fuck lebron , he cant win anything if the refs call a travel a travel or dont let him get away w his 24/7 carrying violations.

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

These buddys should be practicing or watching film rather than macking the chyck from the flava flav show

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 2e8aa87ea1

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

id like to hear one good reason y wade, lebron, and melo, and elton brand should be invited back in 2008,
2trips, 2 non gold finishes = give some players with heart a chance

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Trub320 wrote:These buddys should be practicing or watching film rather than macking the chyck from the flava flav show

wtf i didnt know shane battier liked black girls

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ripweblo wrote:
Trub320 wrote:These buddys should be practicing or watching film rather than macking the chyck from the flava flav show

wtf i didnt know shane battier liked black girls
That's not a girl, that's a man baby.

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

if the nba called traveling and didnt bullshit with the soft ass calls wade and lebron get, they would be role players like how they are in the international game where big men rule. even colangelo said that the players need to get more tough after the loss

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Some of you are very retarded.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Brougham33 wrote:Some of you are very retarded.
explain

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

ripweblo wrote:
explain
i would say the people questioning 'bron's, wade, and carmello's heart

and then saying kobe will instill that heart

hahahahah kobe

kobe gots zero heart
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

A ha! You knew it was addressed to you.

Step 1: Go back to page 2 and read what you wrote then move onto page 3 and read what you wrote.

Step 2: Go look up "very retarded' in the urban dictionary

That is all.

What happened today is not about the players....or how RICH they are. Remove your head from your asshole. Our basketball reality is so fucked...we think we OWN basketball...it has not been the case for some time now. Talent is not everything.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Peeping Tom wrote:
ripweblo wrote:
explain

hahahahah kobe

kobe gots zero heart
ok buddy so say they have all the heart in the world, do they have gold medals ? um no they dont. blame the style of play all u want to. ball is ball, and these buddys cant win unless the "superstar" favoritism of the nba is on their side.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

ripweblo wrote:ball is ball, and these buddys cant win unless the "superstar" favoritism of the nba is on their side.
see you did it again.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Brougham33 wrote:A ha! You knew it was addressed to you.

Step 1: Go back to page 2 and read what you wrote then move onto page 3 and read what you wrote.

Step 2: Go look up "very retarded' in the urban dictionary

That is all.

What happened today is not about the players....or how RICH they are. Remove your head from your asshole. Our basketball reality is so fucked...we think we OWN basketball...it has not been the case for some time now. Talent is not everything.
ur not funny and i dont really know what your trying to say but i do agree that we think we own basketball, and we should think that because we have more talent and if the top players stopped acting like they are so ahead of everybody than we would be winning this thing. lmao at wade and melo getting agravated when italy was playing them tough like they are too good to have people try against them.

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

Peeping Tom wrote:
ripweblo wrote:
explain

hahahahah kobe

kobe gots zero heart
its a total differnt game when everyone gets the same respect in terms of officiating. speaking of kobe heart or no heart he got too much pride to be losing to greece.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Brougham33 wrote:
ripweblo wrote:ball is ball, and these buddys cant win unless the "superstar" favoritism of the nba is on their side.
see you did it again.
did what again wtf

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I don't want to argue with you. Honestly you seem like an idiot, same goes for "Trub320"....I am guessing you guys are 17 years old or atleast I hope you are. That is all.

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

Brougham33 wrote:I don't want to argue with you. Honestly you seem like an idiot, same goes for "Trub320"....I am guessing you guys are 17 years old or atleast I hope you are. That is all.
dwayne wade is soft and if he wasnt from chicago you would realize that

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Brougham33 wrote:I don't want to argue with you. Honestly you seem like an idiot, same goes for "Trub320"....I am guessing you guys are 17 years old or atleast I hope you are. That is all.
ill be the idiot u can be the same dickrider that can go ahead and root for dwade and bron all u want, keep believing the hype

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Trub320 wrote:these guys have no pride at all.
This is basically what it comes down to. How else can you explain them losing to a team with exactly zero NBA players?

I'm so tired of hearing this complete bullshit of "they've only been together two weeks" blah blah blah. You can play pickup with 4 dudes you've never even seen before and hold court. They're supposedly the greatest players in the world and eventually some of the greatest players ever and you can't take it to dudes like Sofoklis Schortsanitis? What the fuck is the matter with you. Another problem is that no one has the balls to take a game over when need be. Wade can dominate a Finals 4th quarter but can't handle a FIBA semi-final? LeBron can win playoff series on layups but can score 20 points? Gee, I wonder why.

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO DEFEND A PICK AND FUCKING ROLL.

All this talk about they need to gel and need specific pieces like deep shooters etc etc etc. How about learning fundamentals like switching, help defense and passing. What a joke.

[kill]talk of the LeBron/Wade as Jordan[/kill]
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Peeping Tom wrote:Iverson is laughing at battier and co.
yea because iverson did a lot better in the olympics

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

anyone that blames lebron obviously didn't watch the games...his role wasn't as a scorer, it was to distribute the ball to wade and carmelo, and he did that fine...

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Considering he's Jesus Christ II, I would think he'd be able to do what he wanted against the Greeks. How about making a couple of free throws every now and then, L.

The US just doesn't have the attention span to sustain a drive when they're down. They'll act all macho for like 2 plays then forget they're losing and coast again. During a stretch of time, Greece must have scored on like 10 straight possessions. It was ridiculous.

Do you not know how to break a zone down?

PS - Good job Coach K...you looked like freakin' Sam Mitchell out there.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I pretty much called this in the thread that discussed the roster. You can't just blame one guy.

1)The U.S. team was waayyy too young. It really needed a couple of McGrady/Duncan/Bryant/Garnett guys for experience.

2)The International game is a different game than in the U.S. It's more basics of basketball: shooting, passing, SCREENS, blocking out, where the NBA caters more to above the rim type play.

3)The U.S. players just aren't going to get the same slack that they get from NBA refs.

4)The talent level of the world is much higher than it used to be. Gone are the days of Jordan dunking over some Lithuanian in tie dyed gear.

5)The Greeks (and other world teams) wanted to beat us more than we wanted to beat them, and that's probably the way it's always going to be.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

jamrage wrote:I pretty much called this in the thread that discussed the roster. You can't just blame one guy.

1)The U.S. team was waayyy too young. It really needed a couple of McGrady/Duncan/Bryant/Garnett guys for experience.

2)The International game is a different game than in the U.S. It's more basics of basketball: shooting, passing, SCREENS, blocking out, where the NBA caters more to above the rim type play.

3)The U.S. players just aren't going to get the same slack that they get from NBA refs.

4)The talent level of the world is much higher than it used to be. Gone are the days of Jordan dunking over some Lithuanian in tie dyed gear.

5)The Greeks (and other world teams) wanted to beat us more than we wanted to beat them, and that's probably the way it's always going to be.
Completely agree with everything you said here.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i don't know how guys are hating on carmelo. he played the best ball out of everyone imo.
stupidregister wrote:
How else can you explain them losing to a team with exactly zero NBA players?
you are really downplaying the talent in the rest of the world. not only did the rest of the world catch up but everyone in Europe doesn't have the obssession to play basketball in the NBA. just because they don't play in the NBA, doesn't mean they aren't good.

The Italian and Greece basketball leagues are two very excellent basketball leagues that have alot of talent.

an-also

Post by an-also »

stupidregister wrote: PS - Good job Coach K...you looked like freakin' Sam Mitchell out there.
:lol: :lol:
I didnt watch the game but my buddy told me that Dwight howard had like 10 and 6 in the first half but didnt see the floor at all in the second half. Thats definately sam mitchell type coaching

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

an-also wrote:
stupidregister wrote: PS - Good job Coach K...you looked like freakin' Sam Mitchell out there.
:lol: :lol:
I didnt watch the game but my buddy told me that Dwight howard had like 10 and 6 in the first half but didnt see the floor at all in the second half. Thats definately sam mitchell type coaching
brand and howard both played 12 minutes each in the last game.

idiotic.