NBA Lottery/Draft/Offseason thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

blastmaster wrote:So happy with the Bobcats right now. Okafur is a money sucking pussy. SO HAPPY to see him leave. Chandler is exactly what this team needs. Save for G-Force, they are the softest bunch of sissies in the NBA. HUGE upgrade imo. As long as he stays healthy, the Cats should be able to sneak into the postseason.
Ure the first Bobcat fan Ive heard say anything remotely close to being happy about this.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Not to mention the Hornets got a future first-round pick in this deal as well.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Quotashun wrote:Not to mention the Hornets got a future first-round pick in this deal as well.
no that was not part of the deal and mistake by the editor
UBM CD COMING SOON

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Quotashun wrote:Not to mention the Hornets got a future first-round pick in this deal as well.
no that was not part of the deal and mistake by the editor
Ahhh cool... cuz yeah, that made ZERO sense to me.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Chandler is my favorite player in the NBA, but I would much rather have Emeka Okafor.

I thought that Okafor was really gonna blow up under Brown, and he did average 16 points and 10 rebounds per game in between December and February, but his scoring really tailed off at the end of the season. The shot-altering is a given; you watch Okafor play, and there shouldn't be any doubt as to whether or not this guy is a defensive force.

He's 26 years old, and he's about to become a go-to guy in the paint for Chris Paul. I'm looking forward to seeing some Hornets games (moreso than before, despite the absence of Chandler).

I think blastmaster is just pissed because Okafor wouldn't give him an autograph. It's your own god damn fault for being so white.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

also anyone who thinks the Chandler/Okafor move had anything to do with Basketball is out of their mind, they are just getting rid of money cause Bob Johnson bout to sell

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Roy Johnson wrote:Chandler is my favorite player in the NBA, but I would much rather have Emeka Okafor.

I thought that Okafor was really gonna blow up under Brown, and he did average 16 points and 10 rebounds per game in between December and February, but his scoring really tailed off at the end of the season. The shot-altering is a given; you watch Okafor play, and there shouldn't be any doubt as to whether or not this guy is a defensive force.

He's 26 years old, and he's about to become a go-to guy in the paint for Chris Paul. I'm looking forward to seeing some Hornets games (moreso than before, despite the absence of Chandler).

I think blastmaster is just pissed because Okafor wouldn't give him an autograph. It's your own god damn fault for being so white.
a healthy chandler is a lot better defensive C than Okafor. Okafor and West will be perhaps the worst blocked shots PF/C combo in the league
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:a healthy chandler is a lot better defensive C than Okafor. Okafor and West will be perhaps the worst blocked shots PF/C combo in the league
A healthy Chandler is an elite help defender in the NBA, but he's still gonna get pushed around on man D.

Okafor doesn't have Chandler-like shot-altering ability, but he's still an all-around defensive force.

It's the scoring potential that separates the two players and makes Okafor more valuable, IMO.

I got no love for David West on the defensive end, but Okafor is legit. Block stats ain't the tell-all.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

rofl if okafor were white he would have been drafted 10 through 15 (i.e. tyler hansborough)

same with shelden williams

:omgracist:
Nets 2022

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:a healthy chandler is a lot better defensive C than Okafor. Okafor and West will be perhaps the worst blocked shots PF/C combo in the league
A healthy Chandler is an elite help defender in the NBA, but he's still gonna get pushed around on man D.

Okafor doesn't have Chandler-like shot-altering ability, but he's still an all-around defensive force.

It's the scoring potential that separates the two players and makes Okafor more valuable, IMO.

I got no love for David West on the defensive end, but Okafor is legit. Block stats ain't the tell-all.
Truf.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

i agree that block stats aren't everything(hello mr camby stolen DPOY) but Okafor is a decent/good man defender and a below average help defender shot blocker/alterer. If you think his frame allows him to man up bigger C's you got something coming, see how he gets continually abused by Dwight who is just about bodying up other C's. A healthy Chandler played some of the best D i've seen against Tim Duncan.

Okafor is definitely the better low post scorer and that helps New Orleans with David West stretching the D with his midrange shot and Okafor working the inside, I said earlier this trade only makes sense to me if the Bobcats get Iverson, they really wouldn't need a low post threat if they have Iverson take up the slack from Okafor.
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The CP3/Chandler pick and roll to alley oop was one of my favorite plays in basketball. Paul actually made Chandler look serviceable.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:If you think his frame allows him to man up bigger C's you got something coming, see how he gets continually abused by Dwight who is just about bodying up other C's.
I was gonna say something along the lines of "Just don't expect him to hang with a beast like Dwight Howard".

I don't think that anyone can.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Tired & Broke wrote:
blastmaster wrote:So happy with the Bobcats right now. Okafur is a money sucking pussy. SO HAPPY to see him leave. Chandler is exactly what this team needs. Save for G-Force, they are the softest bunch of sissies in the NBA. HUGE upgrade imo. As long as he stays healthy, the Cats should be able to sneak into the postseason.
Ure the first Bobcat fan Ive heard say anything remotely close to being happy about this.
You have to be kidding me. Every other season ticket holder I know and everyone on talk radio is pretty pleased.

The Bobcats do not need Iverson.

With key injuries and a new team half way through the year, they were still only a couple games out of the last couple playoff spots last season. They will be FINE. Replacing Okafur with someone who can gaurd a legit center and finally shedding Sean May were the only pressing needs. Sure, soring would be nice, but I would bet on health and development over fucking Iverson.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

blastmaster wrote:Replacing Okafur with someone who can gaurd a legit center
Name me the legit centers besides Dwight Howard that get the best of Okafor.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Roy Johnson wrote:
LOL. Name ANY center. Or most Power Forwards. The guy is a statue. Complete lack of aggression. He is incredibly frustrating to watch. He is a big body with a big vagina. Ive watched him play in damn near every home game for almost three seasons. He is routinely abused by players bigger and smaller. It doesnt show up in the box score.

Whateverrrr though. As long as Chandler is healthy, I will be pleased. The defense cancels out the lost offense and the team gets mentally tougher. And the money works better for the potential sale AND the near future. Like I said, give this team a full year together under Larry and they wil be just fine.

Playoff Bound.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I DON'T THINK LAMAR IS GONNA SIGN WITH THE LAKERS. THEY R DISSIN HIM WITH THEIR SALARY OFFER. I KNOW THAT JERRY BUSS AIN'T TRYIN TO BE WAY OVA THE LUXURY TAX, BUT IF U WOULD HAVE TOLD ME WE WOULD LOSE ARIZA AND L.O. DURIN THE OFF SEASON, I WOULD HAVE CALLED U A BITCH AND TOLD U TO SHUT THE FUCK UP. I SAY FUCK THE LUXURY TAX AND PAY THAT SHIT. U WILL MAKE UP FO IT IN OTHA WAYS THROUGH OTHA SOURCES OF REVENUE. IT AIN'T MY MONEY, SO IT'S HARD TO LAY DOWN WHAT THE RIGHT THING IS TO DO BUSINESS WISE.

THE LONGER THIS DEAL TAKES TO BE COMPLETE, THE EASIER IT IS FO LO TO SIGN WITH THE HEAT.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Roy Johnson wrote:
he's not a center but i've seen bosh abuse okafor a lot.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

LOL, Emeka Okafor did the NBA fundamentals video for shot-blocking.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQjY3M-X3h0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQjY3M-X3h0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

At least an-also named a specific player that has gotten the better of Okafor at various points. I can't say that I'm surprised, as Bosh is steady making difficult shots over dope defenders.

Also, everyone and their mother talked shit about Tyson Chandler when he was on the Bulls. Those silly-ass Bulls fans that tuned in for every game were saying similar shit to what you express about Okafor.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

As a Hornets fan in very excited about this trade since chandler wasn't good for much offensively other than put backs and the alley off of the pick and roll. We get a better offensive player and pretty much a push defensively, great job by the front office.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kendrick Perkins, Nene, Jermaine O'Neal

Okafor is 6'9 and not very aggressive on post defense, chuck hayes 6'6 is a much better post defender cus he can body up niggas
UBM CD COMING SOON

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Anyone else watching Starbury's life casting? Dude has officially gone off the deep end.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:If you think his frame allows him to man up bigger C's you got something coming, see how he gets continually abused by Dwight who is just about bodying up other C's.
I was gonna say something along the lines of "Just don't expect him to hang with a beast like Dwight Howard".

I don't think that anyone can.
Perkins can contain Howard... When they play the C's Okafor gets abused by both Perkins and Garnett. I have no real reason to watch any other bobcats games, but Okafor never impressed me on either side of the ball... I said from the start the contract they gave him was way way too much.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Big Breeze wrote:I DON'T THINK LAMAR IS GONNA SIGN WITH THE LAKERS. THEY R DISSIN HIM WITH THEIR SALARY OFFER. I KNOW THAT JERRY BUSS AIN'T TRYIN TO BE WAY OVA THE LUXURY TAX, BUT IF U WOULD HAVE TOLD ME WE WOULD LOSE ARIZA AND L.O. DURIN THE OFF SEASON, I WOULD HAVE CALLED U A BITCH AND TOLD U TO SHUT THE FUCK UP. I SAY FUCK THE LUXURY TAX AND PAY THAT SHIT. U WILL MAKE UP FO IT IN OTHA WAYS THROUGH OTHA SOURCES OF REVENUE. IT AIN'T MY MONEY, SO IT'S HARD TO LAY DOWN WHAT THE RIGHT THING IS TO DO BUSINESS WISE.

THE LONGER THIS DEAL TAKES TO BE COMPLETE, THE EASIER IT IS FO LO TO SIGN WITH THE HEAT.
agreed.

i'm hoping that Lamar using the heat as leverage to beef up the lakers offer will work though. There's a reason he hasn't just taken the heats offer yet. Hoping for the best.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

^^sig is insane. How high is Shannon Brown's vertical anyway?

EDIT: 44

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

[quote="Quotashun"]^^sig is insane. How high is Shannon Brown's vertical anyway?

EDIT: 44
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kendrick Perkins, Nene, Jermaine O'Neal

Okafor is 6'9 and not very aggressive on post defense, chuck hayes 6'6 is a much better post defender cus he can body up niggas
Definitely not buying the Perkins thing. That dude can't score for shit. He put up 4 points in damn near 50 minutes against the Bobcats on April 1st. I know it's a small sample size, but you and naturalborn are really trying to bullshit me with that one.

What's the sample size for Nene vs Okafor? You're reaching with that one. They've probably gone heads up like two or three times, ever. Definitely not enough to go on.

Shaq, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Garnett (naturalborn) are fucking legends. You're gonna tell me that Greg Maddux is an overrated pitcher because Tony Gwynn hit like .400 against him in his career? Because that's kinda what it sounds it like.

I did a pretty comprehensive blogosphere/web search to see if anyone else talked shit about Okafor's defense, and I couldn't find much.

I did find some Larry Brown quotes, though. Apparently, after watching a shitload of game tape, he came to the conclusion that Okafor was a terrific defender/rebounder. Was he just blowing smoke up our asses? I can't recall him saying anything similar about Sean May. :lol:

Obviously, Okafor passes the eye test. Also, as far as I know, he's a legit 6'10.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Roy Johnson wrote:Chandler is my favorite player in the NBA
I went to a basketball camp with him when he was 14 and I was 18. He was fucking amazing and knew it real stuck up like but we tormented him in the dorms. I heckle him like nobody's business. Thought you might like to know that.

I also think Okafor needed to move - irregardless.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

VideoKilledThe wrote:The CP3/Chandler pick and roll to alley oop was one of my favorite plays in basketball. Paul actually made Chandler look serviceable.
THis. Chandler's true value on another squad will be revealed.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

That's fine. Chandler can't score for shit, but his defense/rebounding upside was always through the roof when he was with the Bulls.

He's basically an 8 PPG guy, though. Some hustle points here and there, a free throw or two, etc.

I think the prolonged period of Chandler hate is what really made me a bitter basketball fan. The Gordon love was pretty much the nail in the coffin.