Official European Football 2011/2012 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Wenger is done at Arsenal after this year. He's going to head PSG to spend all their money on players he should have been going after at Arsenal.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Premier League players never dive or crowd the ref. This Arsenal-Newcastle game is a great example.

Req

Post by Req »

:lol: Gervinho just got fucked over, welcome to England!

Looking forward to Barton's philosophical quotation for him being such a huge faggot. Freud perhaps?
F.U. MOOLAH

Req

Post by Req »

Damn, that's Gervinho out of Man Utd and Liverpool games now
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

What the fuck was that. Barton has to be on coke or something. I can't believe he skated. If that red isn't successfully appealed, and Barton isn't suspended for 3 matches, the season is off to a joke of a start.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Dyer off after 5 minutes!! I meant to post this yesterday, but that lot are going DOWN. They made, what, 2 signings? Both from the WORST team in the league last season. 2 crocks from a terrible team that weren't even unlucky, but were just BAD. And Taraabt is blatantly going to piss off.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

stupidregister wrote:What the fuck was that. Barton has to be on coke or something. I can't believe he skated. If that red isn't successfully appealed, and Barton isn't suspended for 3 matches, the season is off to a joke of a start.
Neither of those two things will happen. And the ref "saw" Barton's tug so it can't be ruled upon retroactively.

Said it after last Newc-Arse match, I can't stand Barton. Acts tough and goes down after a tap on the cheek. Gervais was an idiot for allowing him to go down like that, just like Diaby was. Barton really struggled to go down because Taylor (I think) was holding him firmly, he had to really use force to be able to fall to the ground.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Said it after last Newc-Arse match, I can't stand Barton. Acts tough and goes down after a tap on the cheek. Gervais was an idiot for allowing him to go down like that, just like Diaby was.
:lol:

Dan

Post by Dan »

DP

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

At least Spurs didn't drop points today...

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

messi messi messi!

villa's goal was awesome too.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Comedy Quaddafi

Valdes was the lucky the ref didn't have the guts to award a penalty.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... r-fabregas btw.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Valdes was the lucky the ref didn't have the guts to award a penalty.
So was Marcelo.

But really, it would be fuckin terrible to have to ref one of these clasicos in the current climate. The ref didn't do a great job, and will probably take a ton of criticism from Mou, but he was put in a tough situation.

Sanchez looks like the real deal, btw. It was his first game, so he'll definitely improve in the system, but he completely owned Marcelo. And he's a work horse on defense. Love that signing.

Comedy Quaddafi

You reckon there's any chance Cesc could become a starter for B****?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Dan

Post by Dan »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:You reckon there's any chance Cesc could become a starter for B****?
Yes, in Spain's equivalents of FA and Carling Cup matches.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Well with Xavi's achilles an issue and Iniesta's injury history (not to mention Cesc's) at the very least they're going to need to do a lot more rotating. Thiago is a great prospect and has immense potential, but as we saw today, he's still not on the level where he can play an important role in the top games. That's where Cesc comes in. If you have to rest a Xavi or Iniesta, even against Madrid or Valencia, the play wont drop. That's the idea anyway.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Hey, it's a good thing Arsenal have plenty of time in the transfer window to strengthen their midfie....oh.

Well I'm sure AW has a plan to rebuild on the fly with any number of obscure French teenagers.

Should be fun falling out of the Top 4.

Comedy Quaddafi

Terrible news for Shakira though.

Now we just the little lesbian cunt Samira to GTFO.

Song banned for 3 matches too. Good one.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Kinda. We made one last year and more or less forgot about it. Wish there was a version you didn't have to nurse that much.

You have any suggestions for sites?
The EPL one is easy enough: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just have to build a team using 100 mill and do your lineup how you want it every week. Pretty simple.

I created a league. Just go to the site, sign up, build a team and then join a league after you do that.

Here's the code: 1811343-392320

Or if it's easier, PM me your email.

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Song banned for 3 matches too. Good one.
So when they play United and Liverpool they'll be without Song, Gervinho and Nasri?

I mean Ramsey will end up scoring some last minute equalizer/winner against us, but damn, what's the Arsenal midfield depth chart?
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

^ It's not very good to be honest. If you look at the squad number-wise it could be argued that Wenger feels he already replaced every position from within by promoting youngsters and getting players back from injury and loan. We're expected to lose 10 players this summer, either by selling or loaning. They're all already replaced theoretically, we actually have a player more in the first team compared to what we started last season with. This is how I've worked that out

Denilson = Frimpong
Eboue = Jenkinson
Clichy = Traore
Cesc = Ramsey
Almunia = Mannone
Nasri = Gervinho
Thomas = Miyachi
Eastmond = Lansbury
Bendtner = Campbell
Vela = Afobe
+ Chamberlain

We've gotten worse on paper, obivously, and more inexperienced too.

:copy:

Req

Post by Req »

Lansbury is supposed to be pretty good. They should give Vela a shot.
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

Lansbury was voted POTY #2 in the championship, after that tall kid from Ipswich. He had only played there for 3-4 months beforehand. Norwich fans say they wouldn't be in the prem had it not been for him. Wenger hasn't used him in preseason so I dunno what the deal is - some say he has a huge disadvantage as he is not a Wenger-discovery but rather a throughbred N-London gooner.

Vela is kinda crap. Great technique and composure in front of goal, but that's about it, sadly. His agent confirmed hes going on loan somewhere in Spain.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Does anyone score classier goals than David Villa?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Does anyone score classier goals than David Villa?
Seb larsson.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Positive A wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Does anyone score classier goals than David Villa?
Seb larsson.
:jaz: :jaz: :jaz: :jaz:

It was a quality volley. Should have put away least 2 in the first. I thought Downing looked great, Henderson not so much. Saurez was clearly not ready to go 90, his touch in the second half was all over.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Kun! Dude has been on for less than 20 minutes and already has a goal and an assist.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Even tho he has given up 3 goals(to this point) Vorm has been very impressive.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

HOLY SHIT! AGUUEEERROO!!!

Req

Post by Req »

F.U. MOOLAH