Official World Basketball Championship Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't know how guys are hating on carmelo. he played the best ball out of everyone imo.
This is true. He really impressed me. I never considered Anthony, after his rookie season, in the class of Lebron and Wade. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get there.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
an-also wrote:
stupidregister wrote: PS - Good job Coach K...you looked like freakin' Sam Mitchell out there.
:lol: :lol:
I didnt watch the game but my buddy told me that Dwight howard had like 10 and 6 in the first half but didnt see the floor at all in the second half. Thats definately sam mitchell type coaching
brand and howard both played 12 minutes each in the last game.

idiotic.
:naswtf: I had no clue brand was riding the bench too. i wonder what the mindset is in that strategy.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I don't see how they should invite Wade back.......am I right?

I am happy they won today. That was a fun game to watch and they could have folded after yesterday but they didn't.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Psychosis wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't know how guys are hating on carmelo. he played the best ball out of everyone imo.
This is true. He really impressed me. I never considered Anthony, after his rookie season, in the class of Lebron and Wade. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get there.
nothing about him impresses me. still dosnt play defense, still dosnt create for teammates, still takes bad shots, its all about scoring for him, hes selfish and there is no way i would ever think about building a team around him.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Brougham33 wrote:I don't see how they should invite Wade back.......am I right?

I am happy they won today. That was a fun game to watch and they could have folded after yesterday but they didn't.
um this was a bronze medal game, sure he scored 32, wow, i dont care if he dropped 50 this was a BRONZE medal game

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

bruce bowen
Nets 2022

MGP
The Slick Rick of PF

Post by MGP »

ripweblo wrote:
Psychosis wrote:
nothing about him impresses me. still dosnt play defense, still dosnt create for teammates, still takes bad shots, its all about scoring for him, hes selfish and there is no way i would ever think about building a team around him.
He can take all the bad shots in the world if he makes them.

As far as pure shooting goes, he was the most consistent on the team. His mid-range game is sick, outside game nice. If anything he excelled in this tourney because he played the way a European player would have.

Let's not forget how clutch he was either. There were two games Team USA would have easily lost without him.

And I thought his defense was good this time around.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

MGP wrote:
ripweblo wrote:
Psychosis wrote:
He can take all the bad shots in the world if he makes them.

As far as pure shooting goes, he was the most consistent on the team. His mid-range game is sick, outside game nice. If anything he excelled in this tourney because he played the way a European player would have.

Let's not forget how clutch he was either. There were two games Team USA would have easily lost without him.

And I thought his defense was good this time around.
he played the same way in the olympics, the only difference is that he got a lot more playing time in this tournament. as for this coming season, i expect no change in his style of play. hell still average his 3 accidental assists a game and play mediocre to poor defense.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

spain = world champs

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Coach K = BAD FOR AMERICA