2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

b. johnson

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by b. johnson »

Blockhead wrote:^That's kind of an argument for the fans voting people in. Which makes it more of a "most popular player" game and less about who's actually accomplished things. I get why people want that (but we all know that most NBA fans are fucking morons who would gladly vote in Kobe this year even though he's been hurt and on a terrible team) but, to me, I want the most deserving people there.
Also, Comparing KD and Love is a bit rich. While I don't think a hypothetically injured KD should get in based of two games be played in a season he's also last years MVP and clearly one of the top 3 players in the game. Love? Not so much. He's a very good player but also a stat stuffing guy who doesn't particularly help teams he's on win.
i tried to make it clear that love and kd are not comparable...but yea that was an example of my reasoning. therefore, players like teague, korver, and etc should not be all stars over love (top 10ish talent in the league) even if there is a 16 game winnings streak.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i'm sorry but shutting down russ (who shot 7 for 22) while scoring 23 points almost entirely on hard drives to the rim (mad foul shots) over the steven adams' and ibaka's of the world = worthy of a wiggins post

so sick on defense. he even blocked one of russ' patented pull-up jumpers
Nets 2022

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

b. johnson wrote:
Blockhead wrote:^That's kind of an argument for the fans voting people in. Which makes it more of a "most popular player" game and less about who's actually accomplished things. I get why people want that (but we all know that most NBA fans are fucking morons who would gladly vote in Kobe this year even though he's been hurt and on a terrible team) but, to me, I want the most deserving people there.
Also, Comparing KD and Love is a bit rich. While I don't think a hypothetically injured KD should get in based of two games be played in a season he's also last years MVP and clearly one of the top 3 players in the game. Love? Not so much. He's a very good player but also a stat stuffing guy who doesn't particularly help teams he's on win.
i tried to make it clear that love and kd are not comparable...but yea that was an example of my reasoning. therefore, players like teague, korver, and etc should not be all stars over love (top 10ish talent in the league) even if there is a 16 game winnings streak.
But I'd say Teague has been a better player than Love this year. Certainly way more important to his team.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:i'm sorry but shutting down russ (who shot 7 for 22) while scoring 23 points almost entirely on hard drives to the rim (mad foul shots) over the steven adams' and ibaka's of the world = worthy of a wiggins post

it was eye popping defensive play. He held westy to 3/16 shooting in the first half

wish to god this kid had some help
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Reason wrote:i'm sorry but shutting down russ (who shot 7 for 22) while scoring 23 points almost entirely on hard drives to the rim (mad foul shots) over the steven adams' and ibaka's of the world = worthy of a wiggins post

Rus was getting by him at will, those two fast breaks where Wiggins just tried to raise his arms up were pathetic defense(think he got called on a foul on one of them). Rus was just missing his midrange shots most of the day, didn't see Wiggins change any of his shots at the rim, West actually missed 1 or 2 gimmie's right at the rim after getting there with no resistance.

EDIT:

Looks like Real GM'ers are somewhere in between both of our defensive assessments from last night:
Also, defensively they had Wiggins guarding Westbrook for stretches of the game. He had trouble staying with him at times (as does any player in the NBA), but he definitely wasn't embarrassed. Pretty impressive for a 19-year-old rookie against one of the toughest covers in the game.
UBM CD COMING SOON

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Blockhead wrote:
b. johnson wrote:
But I'd say Teague has been a better player than Love this year. Certainly way more important to his team.
i hear you blockhead. i guess i'm looking at the bigger picture. in my eyes, even this year, love is a more dominant/talented (better) overall player than teague. i guess our disagreement really started with...is love a perennial all star (i said yes, you said no). i know a lot of people think that carmelo shouldn't be in the all-star game. again not the same player, but i believe carmelo should be an all star every year considering how much better he is than everyone else (even if his team sucks). again similar analogy for love. a more similar player would be bosh the last four years. he was always an all star but never put up big numbers. but you know what? he's that good and deserved to be there imo, i feel love is similar to bosh in this sense.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:

Rus was getting by him at will, those two fast breaks where Wiggins just tried to raise his arms up were pathetic defense(think he got called on a foul on one of them). Rus was just missing his midrange shots most of the day, didn't see Wiggins change any of his shots at the rim, West actually missed 1 or 2 gimmie's right at the rim after getting there with no resistance.

EDIT:

Looks like Real GM'ers are somewhere in between both of our defensive assessments from last night:
Also, defensively they had Wiggins guarding Westbrook for stretches of the game. He had trouble staying with him at times (as does any player in the NBA), but he definitely wasn't embarrassed. Pretty impressive for a 19-year-old rookie against one of the toughest covers in the game.
i didn't watch the game and it may sound like i'm hating, but here's my thoughts...westbrook is one of the most unguardable players in the league due to his explosiveness. he's going to get the shots he wants on a nightly basis. he's either on or off. what the defense does is secondary. with that being said it's not fair to judge wiggins' defense against westbrook.

also...i know it's a let down every year, but plumlee in the dunk contest? why? the others look good though....

alpha

Post by alpha »

why is it only 4? They should put big money and get the best to do it.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Why is Steph passing the ball when they have to foul?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

why is Rose's jumper on 3's so weird?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Why is Draymond Green outrebounding two 7-footers?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

stupidregister wrote:Why is Steph passing the ball when they have to foul?
rare mistake there for him.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Why is that the game-winning play you draw up?

alpha

Post by alpha »

this has been a great game. You have to be happy with how the Bulls are playing lately.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'm not. They're just as inconsistent and frustrating as they've been all year.

Beating SA and winning at Dallas followed by losing at home to Miami.

Taking GS to OT on the road. Derrick Rose going 12-32 (4-12 at 3s) with 11 TOs and 1 assist.

Their defense has been much better, especially Rose but their offense, especially Rose is vomit-inducing.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Steve Kerr is mad that they're not putting Iguodala on the free throw line?
He is stupider than Mark Jackson.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

alpha

Post by alpha »

stupidregister wrote:I'm not. They're just as inconsistent and frustrating as they've been all year.

Beating SA and winning at Dallas followed by losing at home to Miami.

Taking GS to OT on the road. Derrick Rose going 12-32 (4-12 at 3s) with 11 TOs and 1 assist.

Their defense has been much better, especially Rose but their offense, especially Rose is vomit-inducing.
it's your thing to be negative, but losing to Miami isnt that bad. Whiteside has been insane since being called up.

But can you tell me why Rose always is jumping forward when he takes 3's?

alpha

Post by alpha »

fwiw, I've seen maybe 5-6 Bulls game this year, but Rose looked really good tonight.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

alpha wrote:fwiw, I've seen maybe 5-6 Bulls game this year, but Rose looked really good tonight.
I missed the first half, any rzn why Steph was on Rose instead of Klay?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Yeah, maybe it was an aberration but if you've watched them, you know that Noah and Gasol get destroyed by athletic big men (Mozgov, Gortat, Horford). They simply can't keep up and it kills them.

Rose...never been a great shooter and has always had a flat trajectory. I don't know if he's fatigued or his legs aren't all the way back or what but I think he's just forcing himself to shoot. He's not a good shooter and it's like he knows it so he's trying to will the ball in.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

I noticed those weird leaning threes in the fourth from Rose as well. His form on the last long 2 he hit looked normal.
The fourth quarter was awesome. Overtime was sloppy, but still fun.
Buy my mixtape.

alpha

Post by alpha »

this game and the Mavs game were the last few Bulls games I've seen. But Rose is shooting over 40% from 3 in his last 6. If he keeps it up...fuck. But he looked like old Rose tonight. Can't believe his assist total tonight since he moved the ball pretty well.

binary

Post by binary »

Steph has been playing like ass, definitely not MVP caliber. I love the guy, but I feel like his last two seasons have been much better, despite all the stats you can throw at me.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

lol

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Binary is right. THey should trade Steph for some second round picks and be done with him. What a piece of shit he was (in that one game they just lost).

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so is drose ever gonna be drose agaiN?
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I disagree with the idea that Korver is not an all star.

A lot of what Korver does is essential to the Hawks' offensive game plan. They play on ESPN tonight and you watch how they run offense and you'll see. He puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses just by being out there and how they run plays for him. The Hawks are 14 points better than their opponents when he's on the court and they are 7 points worse when he isn't. I hope y'all can appreciate how humongous of a difference that is. Sure, in a vacuum or in a one on one situation, Korver is not as valuable as Kevin love or john wall but thankfully, basketball is not played in a vacuum.

binary

Post by binary »

Blockhead wrote:Binary is right. THey should trade Steph for some second round picks and be done with him. What a piece of shit he was (in that one game they just lost).
I was drunk.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I disagree with the idea that Korver is not an all star.

A lot of what Korver does is essential to the Hawks' offensive game plan. They play on ESPN tonight and you watch how they run offense and you'll see. He puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses just by being out there and how they run plays for him. The Hawks are 14 points better than their opponents when he's on the court and they are 7 points worse when he isn't. I hope y'all can appreciate how humongous of a difference that is. Sure, in a vacuum or in a one on one situation, Korver is not as valuable as Kevin love or john wall but thankfully, basketball is not played in a vacuum.
By this reasoning iguodala should've been an all star last season.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Memphis tho
Hey, by the way who's Curt?