Tony Dorsett :copy: 's Tony Romo

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Tony Dorsett :copy: 's Tony Romo

Post by Philaflava »

"I don't know why on God's Earth Tony Romo has been anointed a superstar in the National Football League," Hall of Fame running back Tony Dorsett told Fox Sports Radio. "Tony is very young in his career. Not to say you can't be young in your career and be a superstar because you've got one up there in Minnesota in Adrian Peterson.

"But the thing is this: You have a guy who hasn't done much, and quarterbacks in the NFL, most of them go through this growing curve. He hasn't gone through that growing curve, but he was anointed this great player all of a sudden. Now he's having to live up to that. And obviously Tony has some deficiencies."
100%
Romo turned in one of his worst outings in the loss to the Giants: 13 of 29 for 127 yards with a touchdown, and the three picks all resulted in New York touchdowns. It also was a dramatic reversal from the opener, in which Romo was poised and patient, did not have a turnover and threw for 353 yards and three scores in a 34-21 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

" ... He's a good player who's still learning how to play in the NFL, and I think the media has given him too much credit for doing nothing," Dorsett told Fox Sports Radio. "He hasn't done anything really in the NFL to deserve all the recognition and visibility he's gotten so far."

Another former Cowboys running back, NFL all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith, and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman also have been critical of the way Romo handles himself and the team.

Smith told Sirius NFL Radio several weeks ago that Romo fails to "demand excellence" from Cowboys players.

"I never saw [Romo] go snatch somebody up, and say, 'Hey, we can't win like this. We can't have guys jumping offsides. I can't have [a defender] coming at me unabated. Who is making the mistakes up front? Why aren't you picking this guy up? This is not going down this way. If you can't get your job done, get off the football field,' " Smith said in his interview with Sirius.

Last January, Aikman questioned whether Romo understands what it takes to be quarterback of the Cowboys. During the offseason, Romo vowed to become a more "active" and effective leader for the coming season.

"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman told former teammate Michael Irvin on the latter's radio show.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

He's alright, nothing special.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

he's gone as soon as the salary cap is

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Maybe he could be a more effective leader if he didn't spend his free time working on his golf swing and porking fat chicks.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Sylissez wrote:Maybe he could be a more effective leader if he didn't spend his free time working on his golf swing and porking fat chicks.
:lol:

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

hate when old ass muthafuckas try comin' around to hate unnecessarily....

Romo is an adequate QB, ain't his fault that the Cowboys goin thru a rough patch....that said, he's streaky....and when my Broncos beat the Boys this wekend them old fucks gonna be hatin even harder...

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Why is Adrian Peterson a superstar? What has he won in his "young" career?

Nothing yet.

I love ya Tony D, but shut your pie hole.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

pennsylvania jones wrote:Why is Adrian Peterson a superstar? What has he won in his "young" career?

Nothing yet.

I love ya Tony D, but shut your pie hole.
:owens: I think you know why AP is a certified superstar and Romo is not..

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

RAZAH CUTZ wrote:hate when old ass muthafuckas try comin' around to hate unnecessarily....

Romo is an adequate QB, ain't his fault that the Cowboys goin thru a rough patch....that said, he's streaky....and when my Broncos beat the Boys this wekend them old fucks gonna be hatin even harder...
Thing is even though he is a good qb, the media hypes him on a brady, peyton, brees level.

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

Lol @ comparing a qb to a rb.

Penn is a shell of his former self.

Go massage jose Reyes hammy

an-also

Post by an-also »

Mike BLAOWery wrote:
RAZAH CUTZ wrote:hate when old ass muthafuckas try comin' around to hate unnecessarily....

Thing is even though he is a good qb, the media hypes him on a brady, peyton, brees level.
Maybe its cause i dont get espn, but the majority things i see on TV on romo is pretty negative. NFL network dudes are hating on him constantly because hes careless

an-also

Post by an-also »

pennsylvania jones wrote:Why is Adrian Peterson a superstar? What has he won in his "young" career?

Nothing yet.
:fail: