NFL Divisional Playoffs Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson

NFL Divisional Playoffs Thread

Post by Roy Johnson »

Saturday Games:
Arizona @ New Orleans
Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Sunday Games:
Dallas @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ San Diego

I'll be rooting for New Orleans, Baltimore, Dallas, and New York.
Last edited by Roy Johnson on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Arizona @ New Orleans

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Dallas @ Minnesota

NY Jets @ San Diego

That's right.

All 4 home teams lose :bork:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Saturday Games:
Arizona
Indianapolis

Sunday Games:
Dallas
NY Jets

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I'll be pushing hard for Baltimore on Saturday.

There's absolutely nothing I would love more than the Jets hosting the AFC Championship game.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

how great would that be.

as much as sd's passing came scares the hell out of me, i feel all their weaknesses play into the jets strengths. If sanchez can give us a good 12-18, 120-150 yards a td and no turnovers i think we win this one.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

NO, DAL, and SD, and Indy because Flacco can't win the game for Bal and he will need to for this game.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Chargers 31 Jets 17,,,Chargers are firing on all cylinders.

Ravens 24 Colts 21,,,Ray Lewis is in a zone and got his team jacked up and the Colts will once again be outta sync due to coasting end of the season.

Cowboys 31 Vikings 28,,,Were the Cowboys playing possum earlier in the season ? Was T.O. really that much of a cancer to them dunno but I do know them niggas are playing light's out football. But Favre owned the Cowboys @ home with the Pack but was winless on the road so it's kind of hard to go againest that. But I think the Cowboys are peaking right on time.

Saints 38 Cards 31,,,Brees will slice n eat that swiss cheese D fasho !

Right now a Chargers-Cowboys SB looks krillz.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

This is gonna be great, Rivers loves testing Elite CB's, he's done it to Nnamdi and Champ Bailey, now its time to do it in the playoffs against Revis.

I just hope we don't let Jones/greene and co run wild on us.
UBM CD COMING SOON

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

as someone who thought 8-8 was going to be reason to celebrate at the begining of the season with the jets everything going forward is bonus.

DLG

Post by DLG »

just hope the cowboys lose.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

lol @ everybody dickriding Dallas now

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

The San Diego receivers are too tall for the Jets secondary. Revis won't be able to hang with Vincent Jackson or Malcom Floyd.

I predicated that San Diego would rise in the AFC before the season started. They didn't start well, but they are now the best team in the AFC. Real chop.

binary

Post by binary »

DLG wrote:just hope the cowboys lose.
basically, fuck them.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Big Breeze wrote:The San Diego receivers are too tall for the Jets secondary. Revis won't be able to hang with Vincent Jackson or Malcom Floyd.
So he shuts down Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (twice), Marques Colston, Terrell Owens (twice), Steve Smith, Roddy White, Chad Ochocinco (twice) and he's gonna get beat by Malcolm Floyd? :rofl: Floyd isn't good enough to warrant Revis covering him. Reggie Wayne is the only guy that even came close to making Revis look bad.

Jackson is a hell of a player but Revis has covered better receivers. Not to mention some of those guys (Moss, Johnson, Colston, T.O.) on that list weigh about the same as Jackson and are only an inch or 2 shorter.

The Chargers are obvious favorites in this game, but if the Jets lose lol @ the notion that it's gonna be because of Revis.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

U will see Joe Pesci. Jackson and Floyd are both 6'5''. Only dude u mentioned that's at least 6'5'' is Moss and he plays when he wants to. The other cats are 1-2 to several inches shorter than 6'5'' and they do say that football is a game of inches. Ask your bitch and she'll tell you the same.

Basically, the matchup problems will not only plague Revis, but it will hurt the entire Jets secondary. They better hope that they can stop Sproles and Tomlinson.

Also I don't trust Sanchez to win a 2nd straight game in the playoffs. I think he'll be pressing a little bit because San Diego is only about 45 minutes from where he grew up. Family and friends has been the downfall of a lot of athletes. Another one most likely will bite the dust.

Say it ain't so, Joe - but it is.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Vincent Jackson will do nothing against Revis this Sunday.

You can quote me on that if he lights him up. But i'm not worried because it won't happen.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Joe Pesci wrote:Vincent Jackson will do nothing against Revis this Sunday.

You can quote me on that if he lights him up. But i'm not worried because it won't happen.

that's not really the issue at hand in this matchup. jackson has been taken out of several games this season and the offense has not stumbled. what has made the chargers difficult to defend is their ability to hurt secondaries with dangerous targets at all three levels of the passing game. jackson is not the most dangerous target in the offense, gates is. jackson has only made his plays when teams decide to focus on gates. things get even more difficult with sproles in the screen game which has in turn made rivers one of the highest rated passers in the league against the blitz.

the only way the jets win this game is by running the ball effectively for three plus quarters and being stingy inside the redzone. to their benefit this is one of their strengths against a chargers weakness. if they can exploit this matchup and slow the game down then it will be a game. the chargers have had trouble scoring inside the ten this year, holding them to field goals is necessary for the jets to stretch the game out. if they let the chargers get down the field early the game will be over before the half. if the jets hold only a ten point lead going into the fourth the chargers will win. they can score too quickly for the jets to get caught in a TD for TD game. the jets have to slowly and methodically score on almost every drive to extend the game into their favor.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

I'm shocked many of you are picking Dallas.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

binary wrote:
DLG wrote:just hope the cowboys lose.
basically, fuck them.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Big Breeze wrote:U will see Joe Pesci. Jackson and Floyd are both 6'5''. Only dude u mentioned that's at least 6'5'' is Moss and he plays when he wants to. The other cats are 1-2 to several inches shorter than 6'5'' and they do say that football is a game of inches. Ask your bitch and she'll tell you the same.

Basically, the matchup problems will not only plague Revis, but it will hurt the entire Jets secondary. They better hope that they can stop Sproles and Tomlinson.

Also I don't trust Sanchez to win a 2nd straight game in the playoffs. I think he'll be pressing a little bit because San Diego is only about 45 minutes from where he grew up. Family and friends has been the downfall of a lot of athletes. Another one most likely will bite the dust.

Say it ain't so, Joe - but it is.
Colston is 6'6

I'm not worried about Jackson cus Rivers will throw to whoever is open, he does relish attacking 'shutdown' cb's though.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Of course going for the Jets. I agree that SD's strengths play into the NY's strengths and if Sanchez just continues to play smart we got this.
Jets 17 Chargers 13

I expect a shootout for real from Ariz/NO. Gonna be tough to call, but NO looked like they were on the downhill and when Ariz decides to play, they are pretty damn good.
Cardinals 37 Saints 34

Sorry Dallas. But I think AP is gonna be back this game. When they let him do his thing it sets Favre up.
Vikings 27 Dallas 17

Baltimore is charged up. But they are about to wake a sleeping giant with an Indy team that beats teams at will with the best QB to ever play the game.
Colts 23 Ravens 16

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

revis just got robbed for DPOY so he might want to prove a point.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ALASKA wrote:revis just got robbed for DPOY so he might want to prove a point.
What else can he do that he does not do week in and week out??.. that is a stupid thing to say about a shutdown CB.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Packers reject Bears' request to interview Clements
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2010 9:10 AM ET

The Bears were hoping to improve the performance of their current quarterback via the influence of a man who once did a fairly good job of throwing the ball at nearby Notre Dame. But the current employer of Tom Clements rejected a request to interview the Green Bay quarterbacks coach for the vacant position of offensive coordinator in Chicago.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Packers "quickly denied" the overtures of the Bears.

NFL teams can block assistant coaches still under contract from interviewing with other franchises for any job other than head coach. Clements is committed to the Packers through 2010.

Per Biggs, the Bears had collected information on Clements, obtaining references from Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The Bears have now whiffed on their first two choices for the position. Jeremy Bates rejected an offer to reunite him with quarterback Jay Cutler. Bates instead will follow Pete Carroll to Seattle.

Mike Martz likely remains interested, but we remain convinced that, within a month of working together, Cutler would hire Kyle Turley to make good on the threat that Turley allegedly once made.

The decision remains critical to the ability of coach Lovie Smith and G.M. Jerry Angelo to survive beyond 2010. They need someone who can get the most out of Cutler, and Bates would have been the best to do it.

:naswtf:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

keL wrote:
Packers reject Bears' request to interview Clements
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2010 9:10 AM ET

The Bears were hoping to improve the performance of their current quarterback via the influence of a man who once did a fairly good job of throwing the ball at nearby Notre Dame. But the current employer of Tom Clements rejected a request to interview the Green Bay quarterbacks coach for the vacant position of offensive coordinator in Chicago.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Packers "quickly denied" the overtures of the Bears.

NFL teams can block assistant coaches still under contract from interviewing with other franchises for any job other than head coach. Clements is committed to the Packers through 2010.

Per Biggs, the Bears had collected information on Clements, obtaining references from Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The Bears have now whiffed on their first two choices for the position. Jeremy Bates rejected an offer to reunite him with quarterback Jay Cutler. Bates instead will follow Pete Carroll to Seattle.

Mike Martz likely remains interested, but we remain convinced that, within a month of working together, Cutler would hire Kyle Turley to make good on the threat that Turley allegedly once made.

The decision remains critical to the ability of coach Lovie Smith and G.M. Jerry Angelo to survive beyond 2010. They need someone who can get the most out of Cutler, and Bates would have been the best to do it.

:naswtf:
i can't imagine martz ever calling the plays in chicago. I don't understand why lovie survived this season.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Bears owners are cheap and don't want to pay him his $$$ + the replacement head coach's salary.

an-also

Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs Thread

Post by an-also »

I went 0-4 in my picks last week so lets try again :lol:

Arizona @ New Orleans
New Orleans wins in a shootout

Baltimore @ Indianapolis
Indy wins in a close one

Dallas @ Minnesota
Dallas wins

NY Jets @ San Diego
Chargers roll

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i see this league clearly.

also, you look like about 1 correct pick
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Baltimore is charged up. But they are about to wake a sleeping giant with an Indy team that beats teams at will with the best QB to ever play the game.
Colts 23 Ravens 16
Indy was very lucky to go 14-0, they won half the games by 4 or less, I'm not sure how much longer they can go winning close games, Balt on the other hand went 2-5 in games within 7pts

thats the biggest difference, while some of that is Manning was dominant as fuck in the 4th this year, a lot of the gap between the teams is just luck

I figure it will be within 7(vegas having it Indy -6.5 is confusing to me, but vegas is way smarter than me) I'd like to see Indy advance but wouldn't be shocked at all if Balt won

NO by 10
MN by 3
SD by 10

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote: also, you look like about 1 correct pick
it would be an improvement from last week. The only pick i'm confident in is the chargers over the jets.