NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ROY?

TYREKE EVANS
51%
BRANDON JENNINGS
11%
STEPHEN CURRY
38%

Total votes: 45

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Post by Reason »

VVVVVVOTE.
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Steph.

rooski

Post by rooski »

Curry

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

easily tyreke evans.
Consistent the whole year. 20-5-5
Much much much better defender then Curry

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Me and Rzn debated tyreke and Curry for much of the night last night. He loves curry. Loved him from the start. I kinda missed on curry until right before the draft when I started to turn the corner on him and now I love him too. Both me and Rzn agree he has a lot of Nash in his game. A lot of the nuances in his game is very Nash-ian.

I went with Tyreke though. He has a lot to improve on but he still came with the most complete effort of the season for a rookie.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Went with Jennings.. I know he didn't single handily do it, but the Bucks where not supposed to be in the playoffs and a lot of that is due to Jennings.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tyreke the freak.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

When ure in company of Bron, MJ and The Big O that's all u need to know.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I called it on day one it would be Evans most people went with Jennings, especially after his 50+ game. I was right.

Philly wins.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Went with Tyreke, wish Curry didn't play for golden state so people would understand he really is that skilled offensively, it's not just cause he plays in Don Nelson's crazy ass small ball system.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

1. curry
2. jennings
3. evans

and i'm not trying to be unique or nothing. evans had the most possessions in clutch time than any of these cats and was the least efficient. curry was the best in these moments (like we should be surprised after his davidson run). jennings ran the offense like a 10 year vet. yes evans is so physically gifted that he can get his layup off on anyone any time, but not in crunch moments. not when you're facing a good defensive squad and you go barrelling into 2 or 3 defenders for a turnover or charge in the last two minutes in a close game because you don't have the passing or game instincts that jennings or curry have

evans is going to have a 20, 5 & 5 career, but he might never win anything significant if he doesn't learn to develop his passing/decision-making especially in stressful spots

curry is amazing. lol @ cats who want evans over curry b/c of "potential". why wait for something when you can already have it in curry?

and like i said, jennings came in and achieved the trust of scott fucking skiles as a rookie who was touted since high school. that in it of itself is amazing. the fact that he ran that team and led that team as a rookie as a leader in many regards is cause enough for him to get a lot of votes. i read the dumbest transcript of a chat between bucher and someone (i think broussard) about roy, and bucher is just fuckin clueless. fagz (he's not always a dumbass but he was in this thing) like him can't help but point out the 37% fg. you're talking about a guy who made everyone on his team on offense better. compare him to evans who somehow contributed to the retardation of jason thompson, spencer hawes, nocioni (he sucks anyway fuck him), and you tell me casspi wouldn't have been a better scorer/more well known name if jennings wasn't feeding him instead of evans just putting his head down every time or casually taking bad 3 pointers to try to prove he can shoot

sorry skillepsie, i'm down on evans as a winner

curry gets my vote
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Tired & Broke wrote:When ure in company of Bron, MJ and The Big O that's all u need to know.
I voted for Tyreke too, but when we look back at this draft I believe Curry will be the best pro unless Griffin can become the player he was drafted to be. Griffin plays for the Clippers so that's not likely. Word.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Tired & Broke wrote:When ure in company of Bron, MJ and The Big O that's all u need to know.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I think Curry was the 2009-10 Rookie of the Year.

Look, I wanted to pick Brandon Jennings because he started for a playoff team, but you can't miss 65 percent of your shots for the last four months of the regular season and be my rookie of the year. Sorry. That leaves two guards (Curry and Evans) who put up gaudy stats on terrible teams. I just thought Curry had a higher degree of difficulty: crazy coaching situation, crazy ownership/front-office situation, super-crazy roster. He played with Ellis and Corey Maggette (two of the ultimate me-first guys), and a rotating cast of promoted D-Leaguers and bench guys. He didn't have a decent low-post player or rebounder; you knew things were bad when someone said the words, "We really miss Ronny Turiaf right now." And yet, he got better every month (check out his splits), and became the first rookie ever to average 17 points and two 3s per game and top 85 percent free throw shooting and 40 percent 3-point shooting (nobody even came close before).

Evans made history as well, joining the 20-5-5 Rookie Club along with MJ, Oscar Robertson and LeBron. Pretty good company. But he had better teammates, and if you want to get technical, I never watched a Warriors game without thinking, "Curry would be fun to play with" at least once. I can't say the same about Evans. Curry gets my vote. By the way, I still want to know how Minnesota's David Kahn had the fifth and sixth picks in the draft, took two point guards, and somehow missed Curry AND Jennings. He was like the kid with the gun in the Big Kahuna Burger apartment who fired 25 bullets at Jules and Vincent Vega, and somehow didn't hit either of them.

- simmons
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Taj Gibson
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Hayzoos wrote:Taj Gibson
:lol:
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

With this guy you never know when he is serious..

binary

Post by binary »

Curry will be the best pro. Tyreke as a go-to-guy will be disastrous more often than not.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

You can't judge Curry. He's playing on a team with little to no structure with different line ups every game..

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

vermillion wrote:You can't judge Curry. He's playing on a team with little to no structure with different line ups every game..
yea which makes what curry did even more impressive

as quited from bill simmons earlier:

"That leaves two guards (Curry and Evans) who put up gaudy stats on terrible teams. I just thought Curry had a higher degree of difficulty: crazy coaching situation, crazy ownership/front-office situation, super-crazy roster. He played with Ellis and Corey Maggette (two of the ultimate me-first guys), and a rotating cast of promoted D-Leaguers and bench guys. He didn't have a decent low-post player or rebounder; you knew things were bad when someone said the words, "We really miss Ronny Turiaf right now." And yet, he got better every month (check out his splits), and became the first rookie ever to average 17 points and two 3s per game and top 85 percent free throw shooting and 40 percent 3-point shooting (nobody even came close before)."
Nets 2022

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I been a believer in Curry from the get-go. My fantasy team backs me up.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]