NFL Week 10 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Roy Johnson

NFL Week 10 Thread

Post by Roy Johnson »

Thursday:
Baltimore at Atlanta

Sunday:
Cincinnati at Indianapolis
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Detroit at Buffalo
Houston at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Miami
Minnesota at Chicago
NY Jets at Cleveland
Kansas City at Denver
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at NY Giants
St. Louis at San Francisco
New England at Pittsburgh (Night game)

Monday:
Philadelphia at Washington
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Thursday:
Baltimore at Atlanta*wishful thinking from a Steelers fan*

Sunday:
Cincinnati at Indianapolis
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Detroit at Buffalo *goes out on a limb*
Houston at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Miami
Minnesota at Chicago
NY Jets at Cleveland
Kansas City at Denver
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at NY Giants
St. Louis at San Francisco
New England at Pittsburgh (Night game) :ironmike:

Monday:
Philadelphia at Washington

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

we're commin chicago

sidney rice in effect

playoff run, master plan unfolding as planned
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Laughing my ass off that the 9ers are 2-6 and still have a very real chance of winning the division. 8-8 will probably do it. The real sad part is that they can still do it at 7-9, which is an embarrassment.

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Chad Pennington has been promoted into the Dolphins' starting lineup, replacing Chad Henne.Pennington, 34, hasn't attempted a pass since Week 3 of the 2009 season, when he suffered a year-ending right shoulder injury that required surgery. It was the third throwing-arm operation of Pennington's NFL career, so it's unclear what kind of arm strength he has left. Pennington went 0-3 to start last season, and wasn't even allowed to play in exhibition games this year. The Fins figure to go extremely run heavy moving forward, perhaps relying more on the Wildcat formation. There's no way to tell the effect Pennington's promotion will have on Brandon Marshall, but we can't imagine it's good.
Henne sucks!

wheels

Post by wheels »

capable_keL wrote:we're commin chicago

sidney rice in effect

playoff run, master plan unfolding as planned
Everything I'm seeing says he's still out.

Like it matters.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

an-also wrote:Image
hahahaha what a monster

wheels

Post by wheels »

Pennington in, Henne out.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

PopeyeJones wrote:Laughing my ass off that the 9ers are 2-6 and still have a very real chance of winning the division. 8-8 will probably do it. The real sad part is that they can still do it at 7-9, which is an embarrassment.
A very real chance?

Let's say they somehow win the remaining 5 divisional games. You really think they're going to beat Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and the Chargers?
I think 4-4 to end the season would be the best case scenario.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, six players on the Vikings have expressed their dislike of coach Brad Childress and their request that he be fired from his position. The players who expressed their feelings towards their coach were not named but made statements to the paper showing the teamג€™s disapproval.

ג€œWe got too many good football players, and we wonג€™t lay down like Dallas,ג€ a player said.

ג€œAs much as I hate Childress, I will keep playing,ג€ another player said.

PEACE

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

man I hope he gets fired before MN strings together a 4game winning streak and Zygi gets cold feet

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

damn, that's some cold shit. chilly has to go to work knowing everyone thinks he's a joke. players thought he was a joke last year when they went into a championship game

that's epic fail, textbook

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

wheels wrote:Pennington in, Henne out.
bank it right now. pennington gets blown up in this game. nigh unto death.

ric

Post by ric »

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEEEEELLL!

capable_keL re childress wrote:that's epic fail, textbook
:lol: serious. shit is out of hand in the northland

elohim

Post by elohim »

Spiccoli wrote:
wheels wrote:Pennington in, Henne out.
bank it right now. pennington gets blown up in this game. nigh unto death.
As much as Chad was the shit in '02, I hated being concerned for his health EVERY SNAP. I sadly still root for him in a way like most ex-Jets (so long as they're not playing the Jets).

Suppose I should add that I want Miami to lose every game possible, regardless.
naturalborn103 wrote:Henne sucks!
Henne > Sanchez (What I heard from Dolphin fans all offseason)
:cheers:

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I don't get the move, Henne was playing fine

elohim

Post by elohim »

eternalreflection wrote:I don't get the move, Henne was playing fine
I agree, his four losses this year were to basically the 4 best teams in the NFL. It's just :lol: Dolphins. but maybe Chad'll be resurrected, who knows... I'm still pickin TEN with the Moss Sauce.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:Laughing my ass off that the 9ers are 2-6 and still have a very real chance of winning the division. 8-8 will probably do it. The real sad part is that they can still do it at 7-9, which is an embarrassment.
A very real chance?

Let's say they somehow win the remaining 5 divisional games. You really think they're going to beat Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and the Chargers?

they could beat st. louis, but they will barely do it.

the spread is 6, i think the rams are going to cover that.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Vikings on Childress: ג€˜We're winning despite him'

By Doug Farrar

It's worth remembering that Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf hired Brad Childress in January of 2006 after the embarrassment of the "Love Boat" scandal; the biggest black eye in the history of a franchise dating back to 1961. The former Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator increased the team's win totals by two every year from 2006 through 2009, and came very close to a Super Bowl near the end of the 2009 season. The team's current 3-5 record is a disappointment, but under normal circumstances, a coach with a short-term downturn would not be embroiled in controversy, or reportedly very near to the termination of his contract - especially when that contract was extended through the 2013 season just last November.

As we're already well aware, Brad Childress does not live under normal circumstances. He and Brett Favre(notes), his Hall of Fame quarterback, have been squabbling back and forth for the better part of two seasons. The coach's dictatorial and contradictory nature has driven many of his players to distraction, and most in the know believe that if the Vikings hadn't pulled out a huge comeback win against the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday, Childress would already be gone; riding out on the Wade Phillips Express.

The real source and level of that invective from players to coach was laid bare by Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times in a Wednesday story. After the win over Arizona, several Vikings players made their feelings very clear on the condition of anonymity. Childress' penchant for publicly rebuking his own players and openly questioning the efforts of those players in various practices (which recently led to a near-dustup between Childress and receiver Percy Harvin(notes)) has led to a situation in which, as one player told Jensen, "'We know that Childress doesn't have our backs, so why should we have his? We're playing for us, and we're winning despite him.''

The indictment from one team source that Childress "has absolutely no people skills" became clear in the opinion of another unnamed player, who said that "as much as I hate Childress, I will keep playing.''

That's an important distinction - coaches like Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin have been able to balance a no-nonsense approach with the kind of schematic and motivational brilliance which always made it very clear that the object of that attitude was to produce winning teams with absolutely no compromise. In Childress' case, it seems that his players believe the act is purely for the coach's benefit.

Perhaps most damning to Childress' future was the comment made by one player about Vikings' defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: 'Guys trust him. He's going to treat you a certain way. He doesn't single people out.''

In the week before the Cardinals game, when Wilf was already furious about Childress' decision to release receiver Randy Moss(notes) without the owner's knowledge or consent, Wilf performed an informal audit of his team by talking to many people in the inner circle, including coaches and players.

If this was how the players felt after a win, one wonders what they said to Wilf when the team was 2-5. Perhaps the players have been put in the torturous position of knowing that if they continue winning, the coach they appear to hate will stay in his position, and the one they respect will be denied the opportunity they want him to have. And if the Vikings' players are torn between trying and not trying under those circumstances, Childress should be fired immediately.

If the picture is as bad as Jensen's story paints it - and Jensen covered the Vikings for years before moving his beat to the Windy City - it's a weird miracle that Childress has managed to hold on this long.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
A very real chance?

The thing is that the division is so horrible that if they win the remaining division games they could lose all three of those games and still make the playoffs at 7-9.

Using their metrics, Football Outsiders currently puts the 9ers chances of winning the division at just over 25%. That amazing, given that they're 2-6.

I don't think they WILL make the playoffs, I don't think they deserve to make the playoffs, but yeah, they've still got a real chance. The team sucks for sure, but are they worse than the Hawks who have given up 1K yards in their last two games? The Cards who are only in front of the Panthers in YPG? The Rams who have gotten to 4-4 by being more lucky than good? There's not a team in the division with a winning record, it's a joke. The 9ers are 2-6 and 2 games out of first place with 5 division games to go. Yeah, I think they've got a real chance, it's bad for the NFL, but they've got a real chance.

elohim

Post by elohim »

ric

Post by ric »

falcons v. ravens in 15 minutes on nfl network. bring it.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Is anyone else watching this at NFL.com?

Why the fuck are we having a roundtable discussion while the ravens have the ball?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Nevermind I get it. It's a football talk show and occasionally they cut into the game. I'm going to the bar this blows.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

elohim wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Henne sucks!
Henne > Sanchez (What I heard from Dolphin fans all offseason)
:cheers:
He is still better then Sanchez.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Millen and Thiesman are the worst.

ric

Post by ric »

what dont you like about them?

ric

Post by ric »

double. not my fault. wierd.

only pressed submit once
Last edited by ric on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

did turner get hurt?