Midseason NBA Awards

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Midseason NBA Awards

Post by naturalborn103 »

My brother posted this, http://comeupking.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... wards.html. I agree with most of it.

MVP: Lebron easily. No way to justify anyone else.

Rookie of the year: Irving. Not even close.

6th man: Harden. Not even close.

Coach of the year: Popovich. Keeping this aging Spurs team in 2nd in the West. Thibs is close second. Is Bulls winning without Rose proving defense/Thibs deserves more credit then Rose?

Defensive Player of the Year: Howard. Has not played as good as expected though.

Most Improved: Lowry?
People can pick Lin, but he never had a chance to play so I don't think that can count as improved... Just got more playing time. By end of the season I think Batum or George should get it.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

keep the nepotism off the board. we love your bro but i dont want to call out a homies family.

you are 2 out of 6. which is fine, but tagging each award with not even close proves how far it actually is

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Sorry for the shameless plug.

Which ones you disagree with?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i always argue the definition of MVP. Lebron isn't the guy carrying miami that would make him the most valuable. in the east, miami would be in relatively the same place (record wise)

he is the featured guy on a great team filled with predetermined all stars. there are a few guys out there who are literally carrying their team and without them, the team would be terrible. maybe i just see it differently

agree on harden, but its not a foregone conclusion

popa? obvi, its like handing him the award without checking because he always does it.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Pretty good.
No one stands out here. Dwight Howard is still the league's most feared defender, but with Orlando having only the league's 12th best defensive efficiency, he is not playing up to his usual standard (though it should be noted that he's surrounded by horrid defenders)
He's out there with Jason Richardson, Ryan Anderson, Hedo Turkoglu, JJ Redick, etc, and the Magic still rank at #12 in defensive efficiency? I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

Giving the DPOY award to the same guy every year gets boring after a while, though. They might just give it to Lebron this year.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

capable_keL wrote:i always argue the definition of MVP. Lebron isn't the guy carrying miami that would make him the most valuable. in the east, miami would be in relatively the same place (record wise)

he is the featured guy on a great team filled with predetermined all stars. there are a few guys out there who are literally carrying their team and without them, the team would be terrible. maybe i just see it differently

so what? Lebron would make those teams better if he was the one carrying them because he is the player with the most value.

If I'm holding a $50 bill, two $20s, and two $5s...the fifty is still more valuable than somebody's $20 bill surrounded by four $5s.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
capable_keL wrote:i always argue the definition of MVP. Lebron isn't the guy carrying miami that would make him the most valuable. in the east, miami would be in relatively the same place (record wise)

so what? Lebron would make those teams better if he was the one carrying them because he is the player with the most value.

If I'm holding a $50 bill, two $20s, and two $5s...the fifty is still more valuable than somebody's $20 bill surrounded by four $5s.
so what? so lebron is not the most valuable since the team would still have the relative same success without him

he's not on another team, he's on the heat and is not the most valuable, the most premeditated weapon? yes. but he is not the most valuable to the teams success.

is the mvp just the best player on the best team? if so its lebron

i'm holding my dick

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Lebron's play this year is so far ahead of anyone elses in the NBA I don't think it matters who he plays for. Also, I don't think they would be the same place right now without him.

The Rapping Coffin

capable_keL wrote:
The Rapping Coffin wrote:

so what? so lebron is not the most valuable since the team would still have the relative same success without him

he's not on another team, he's on the heat and is not the most valuable, the most premeditated weapon? yes. but he is not the most valuable to the teams success.

is the mvp just the best player on the best team? if so its lebron

i'm holding my dick
So the most valuable player in the league is penalized because he is on a team with good players? we should give the award to less valuable players because they are on shitty teams? That makes sense to you?

Let's go back to my analogy. You are arguing that if we take away my $50 and your $20, that your $20 is worth more because you are left with $20 (four $5 bills) and I'd be left with $50 (two $20s, and two $5s). That's retard logic.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

yeah, but you are ignoring that he is the beneficiary of great talent across the board. better than any other player, better than any other team.

if you are going to ignore all the other variables that help him and conclude he must be the best playing with wade and that staff then fine.

if the mvp is defined by the guy in the best situation with the best talent, he wins.

but there are other guys more valuable to their team than lebron. if you cant accept that then we're looking at the definition different

The Rapping Coffin

it's called Most Valuable Player. Which means the player with the most value.

Even by your made up "most valuable to your own team" definition it would still be Lebron imo. 16 teams make the playoffs, 16!! Making the playoffs in the NBA is not that hard- what is hard is getting to the finals and being a title contender. You take Lebron off Miami and they are a 3 or 4 seed and probably don't make the ECF. The leap from conference semi-final to title contender is huge in the NBA.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

kel, who should be the MVP?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:it's called Most Valuable Player.
The Rapping Coffin wrote: Which means the player with the most value..
The Rapping Coffin wrote:Even by your made up "most valuable to your own team" definition
is this some sort of gag? is this a prank?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:kel, who should be the MVP?
whoever the best athlete is

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

capable_keL wrote:
Portland is barely .500

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I missed it.. What is the joke behind Lamarcus Athlete?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
Portland is barely .500
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEVER STOP

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

El Oh Fucking El.

I agree with NatBorn's picks. LeBron is off the charts.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Agree with naturalborn on all of his awards.

How anyone can not think Lebron is the MVP?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

capable_keL wrote:yeah, but you are ignoring that he is the beneficiary of great talent across the board. better than any other player, better than any other team.

if you are going to ignore all the other variables that help him and conclude he must be the best playing with wade and that staff then fine.

if the mvp is defined by the guy in the best situation with the best talent, he wins.

but there are other guys more valuable to their team than lebron. if you cant accept that then we're looking at the definition different
Bulls - Rose are better than Miami - Lebron

there might be more examples but that one is clear

Lebron could turn Charlotte into a playoff team