2015 NBA DRAFT/OFFSEASON THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: 2015 NBA DRAFT/OFFSEASON THREAD

Post by capable_keL »

you were never incorrect homie. I've been tracking Fred since he got the Iowa job, because I've fantasized about him coaching my favorite squad.

I feel slightly snubbed but who wouldn't want to enter the NBA and coach that roster
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Let my hatred for the Bulls organization cloud my comments, that's all.

He might be dope idk, I just don't like them.

They have a dream roster, Gasol was an amazing acquisition.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I just don't like them.
:leon:

feel you

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

He had the Iowa State job :smugkid:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:He had the Iowa State job :smugkid:
was there any confusion about which job he had?

Kid That's Lifeless

capable_keL wrote:you were never incorrect homie. I've been tracking Fred since he got the Iowa job, because I've fantasized about him coaching my favorite squad.

I feel slightly snubbed but who wouldn't want to enter the NBA and coach that roster
capable_keL wrote:Hoiberg has been getting interest for NBA coaching jobs for years. He elected to stay at Iowa mostly because of his heart murmur.

Kid That's Lifeless

Kellogg, don't mind me I've been up for about 19 hours and I'm being pedantic for no reason. Delete posts if need be.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Eeehh..it was inferred

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

turns out the knicks may not be able to fuck this up, all top 4 projected picks look great, well i still have my concerns about okafor's weaknesses being magnified and that he will turn out to the be 4th,5th or 6th best pro of this class when all is said and done, but still a solid get at #4 if he falls
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason, what does you top 10 look like?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Reason wrote:turns out the knicks may not be able to fuck this up, all top 4 projected picks look great, well i still have my concerns about okafor's weaknesses being magnified and that he will turn out to the be 4th,5th or 6th best pro of this class when all is said and done, but still a solid get at #4 if he falls
Aren't the knick enamored with some dude who probably will go 9th? They can still fuck this up. Trust in them and they will come through.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Knicks will draft Kryspus

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

from realGM

Emmanuel Mudiay Sets Lakers, Minnesota Workouts; T'Wolves Express Consideration For No. 1 Pick

Emmanuel Mudiay has scheduled only two predraft team workouts so far: the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday and Minnesota Timberwolves on June 20 and possibly sooner, with the T’Wolves convincing the 6-foot-5 guard that he’ll be under serious consideration with the No. 1 overall pick, sources told RealGM.

Minnesota recently reached out to Mudiay and its front office laid out a vision for a roster with him, Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine, sources said.

Mudiay spent the season in the Chinese Basketball Association, averaging 18 points in 12 games while sitting out for a stretch due to an ankle injury.

Mudiay has no workouts scheduled yet with the Philadelphia 76ers or New York Knicks, but is willing to visit every team in the top five, including the Orlando Magic. The Sacramento Kings have the No. 6 pick.

Mudiay, 19, went to high school in Texas and had committed to SMU before leaving to turn pro in China.

alpha

Post by alpha »

so they're gonna cast off Pretty Ricky like that tho?

Towns is the no brainer pick for the wolves. Which means Flip will fuck it up. Literally Towns is the perfect complement to Wiggins and LaVine

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Flip will fuck it up? The same guy who got Wiggins for Love and turned tre Burke into Deing and Shabazz? Khan is long gone but I can see a trade being made for rubio where we end up with Russell & Okafor.

alpha

Post by alpha »

That'd be nice. But I think you're better off keeping Rubio. Why would you want Al Jefferson when you can lamarcus athlete?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I think Winslow might be the best player in the class. This is a bad year to have the #1 pick imo

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Jalen Rose predicting Lamarcus Aldridge is signing with the Spurs :killacam:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

alpha wrote:That'd be nice. But I think you're better off keeping Rubio. Why would you want Al Jefferson when you can lamarcus athlete?
I don't see Rubio being part of a winning team, I mean how can you spend 4 years in the league and still shoot 35%? Curry is better from 3 than Rubio is 2ft from the basket

He's going to be off rookie contract too, do you really want to put 10million+ into him?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Digging the new Bucks unis.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

uh oh
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid, the third overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft who missed his rookie season with injury, suffered a setback in the healing process of his right foot, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
After weeks of rigorous workouts, Embiid had not felt pain in the foot, but a recent CT scan revealed an issue in the healing process, sources said. Philadelphia is consulting with doctors on how to best proceed, and it's still premature to speculate on the possibility of another surgical procedure that could sideline Embiid, sources said.

Embiid had been expected to participate with Sixers' summer league teams in July, but that could jeopardized now, sources said. For now, it is too soon to tell how long Embiid will be kept out.
Greg Oden 2.0

Philly will draft Pozingas.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:Reason, what does you top 10 look like?
In whom I'd pick or my predictions for whom teams would pick?
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Who you would pick

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i hate to be annoying but i refuse to pick or judge porzingis, the dude goes/spins/posts up on the right side and does tomahawk dunks, then you see him go left/spin left/post up left block and he has to baby in bank shot lay-ups, fuck him and euro players (jk, just haven't seen enough and what i've seen isn't mind-blowing, same with mario hezonja, both of them could very well deserve to be on this list i just honestly don't know)

1. Mudiay (if he could shoot, he'd be clear #1...i'm betting on his learning how to shoot enough and not being injury prone, some kind of russ westbrook/dwyane wade mix as a ceiling with a little less explosiveness but a little more skill, i find it hilarous how 'analysts' take him to task for his playoffs miscues in china when he had just come off a super long injury break [just an ankle don't get excited] and some 'analysts' criticized his poor conditioning...NO SHIT IDIOTS, not to mention they fail to note that will bynum hurt his hamstring making mudiay play way more usage than he should have had to off the injury, so yea he's obviously not going to show the best conditioning in that moment)

2. Cameron Payne (he is Damion Lillard part two with a higher ceiling. He is more advanced at the same stages of their careers as evidenced by Lillard needing four years of school versus only two for Cameron Payne. Payne is more advanced at the same stages (sophomore years) as Lillard in every aspect of the game. The difference between a guy like Lillard and McCollum is subtle but under a discerning magnifying glass, huge. Payne possesses those subtle differences that make him a more than viable NBA point guard as opposed to a tweener "combo guard" like McCollum. Payne's court vision and instincts are second to none. He makes chest passes and soccer-style passes that would make coaches drool because they exemplify the reason certain basketball drills are done. He's got an incredible drive-and-dish game. Basically go watch his draft express video and tell me you can't see him averaging tons of assists with relatively low turnovers. Then his scoring? Dude has a sinewy, quick-twitch body made for getting people off balance. To top it all off he has very big hands but not too big like marcus banks', right in that 8.5 to 8.75 inch sweet spot [no homo], bigger than grant's, harrison's, jones', and wright's. I'm very excited about Payne.)

3. Booker (would be more confident about this if he played more minutes and showed and proved what i think of him, but he IS klay thompson.)

4. KAT (if the NBA were built for giving big men success, especially in tight spots and against the league's elite players, he'd be closer to #1)

5. Russell (if he were not left-handed, I'd drop him a couple spots, nothing new to say here other than my ohio state/thad matta/evan turner fears)

6. Lyles (his offensive skill set is too awesome. one of the things about all the kentucky guys is that they all suffered from an individual showcase level. lyles was misused - not cal's fault or lyles' fault, just that when you have KAT who is made for excelling in the post area in the college game, someone has to suffer. lyles' draft combine interview said a lot about him, and the biggest basketball item is that he is a natural post player who didn't get to play in the post much. he's got a great, strong base. he may very well have a more remarkable career than KAT. it's a booker situation, i'm just not sure because he wasn't used as much as i'd have liked to seen him. the kid's rebounding rate will go up being closer to the hoop, and his natural skills will keep him on the floor for him to develop the weaker parts of his game. he'll never be a defensive player of the year candidate, but criticisms of his defensive ability are overblown imo)

7. WCS (imo the most polarizing prospect. he is probably the best overall defender. legit 7'1 with ridiculously quick feet for his size AND north-south speed. BUT is he a quicker tristan thompson with free throw shooting capability or a weaker deandre jordan with free throw shooting capability. there's a big difference between the two. a quicker tristan who can shoot free throws isn't a complete liability on offense but is mostly good for fast breaks and lobs and free throws and can close out on everyone and their momma. a weaker deandre with free throw shooting will get bodied inside on 1 on 1 plays, for example, if okafor or KAT just went 1 on 1 against him, would wcs be able to withstand the punishment and not get backed down with relative ease? because then he's relegated to a great pick-and-roll defender and great help defender but not a great 1-on-1 defender which reduces his value further. and i say polarizing b/c if he actually creates a skill or two out of his offensive skill set, and if i saw the potential for that right now without a doubt, he'd be up higher on this list)

8. Oubre (left-handed bonus cancelled out by his non-existent right hand, needs to develop right hand FAST for this spot to be justified but i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt b/c he played only one season of college ball and his interviews really show his willingness to work hard on his game....also needs to work on getting lower on defense - he's far too upright but that can be coached up, but he has agile feet and a quick, high release on his jumper, and a great wingspan you can't teach. overall, ignore his meh stats - that's the andrew wiggins/bill self/freshman effect.
he's going to be an above-average finisher and rebounder, the thing about lefties that people don't realize is that it's not all an offensive advantage, it's a defensive one too, as right handed players go right and put up lay-ups/shots on the right side, that's a left-handed defender's natural strong side to swipe the ball or make agile plays on the ball without fouling)

9. Turner (scouts literally have nothing bad to say about him but "awkward running style" and referring to his numbers in Texas. his numbers in Texas are retarded to refer to just like Andrew Wiggins' #'s were retarded to refer to in Kansas for the exact same reasons that I droned about last year. as far as awkward running style...LOL. he's not laterally the quickest because he has huge feet making him a possible liability on pick and roll defense and against quicker bigs inside/guards drawing fouls on him, that and the fact that as i said before the nba is built for guards and perimeter-oriented/efficient players are the ONLY reasons though significant ones that I have him at #9 and not higher. he is andray blatche with a brain and more athleticism and slightly less pure guard skills.)

10. okafor (i tried. i really tried. but i couldn't keep him out of this euro-less top ten. shittier rebounding al jefferson, here we come)
Nets 2022

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

So you don't like Justise Winslow at all, huh Reason?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Blockhead wrote:So you don't like Justise Winslow at all, huh Reason?
He is a slightly more physically imposing, better defending jimmy butler without butler's offensive game/potential

He is a better prospect than Stanley Johnson though who has no great offensive skills and who takes plays off and whose first answer to a question about his pre draft workout was that he liked being in Santa Barbara

Bobby Portis just missed my top ten
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

If I'm the Knicks I fire Phil jackson for a smart young assistant gm sniped from a smart team and trade the pick down to denvers (out of conference) 7th spot to pick Cameron Payne then scrap the outdated in today's game triangle bullshit in favor of a pick and roll dominant offense with Payne and Melo wreaking havoc in a pick and pop (Melo sets pick them pops out for threes and jumpers) and pick and roll (Melo picks then rolls and gets fouled or finishes those classic body to body lay-ups that Melo never gets credit for being good at) and the Knicks do their best to surround the two with shooters who lurk at corners and baseline threes for Payne to drive and dish to if he decides to keep the ball instead of passing it on the pick plays with Melo

Your offense will instantly be dope. Oh yea and ask for denvers first rounder next year.

4th pick for 7th pick and next years 1st rounder. Or

4th pick for 7th pick and next years and this years second rounders
Nets 2022

an-also

Post by an-also »

Have you guys every wondered what a backcourt with Lance Stephenson AND Austin Rivers would look like?...

Well fear not. Its happening.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

where will they end up?

D. Wade - ?
L. Athlete - ?
LeBron - ?
Love - ?
Jimmy Buckets - ?
David Lee - ?

who am I missing?

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

crazy as fuck looking at the 89 draft bulls coulda had tim hardaway and shawn kemp leading into their championship years instead of stacy king and bj armstrong.

:lastweek: