Pride This Sunday

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Pride This Sunday

Post by HopeLess »

Who's watching?

Silva vs Crocop
Noguiera vs Barnett

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Any chance to see Crocop fight is taken advantage of.

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

I have to work Sunday :sad: I plan on catching one of the replays.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

when are the replays

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

yes i will be downloading this

:grin:

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

do enough people watch this for bars to order it?

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

The live broadcast just finished an hour or two ago, and no spoilers or anything, but this event was SICK minus a couple duds. Silva/Crocop was an amazing fight to watch.

Chuck Earns Cheese

Post by Chuck Earns Cheese »

if anyone comes across some links for a d/l can you post them please.

binary

Post by binary »

All I can say is

Pride events >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ufc events.

pen

Post by pen »

^^^^^

duh
pride always has been and will always be (forseeable future) the home of mma's best fighters
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Awesome show, as usual.

Pride has shit on lock, for real. I cannot wait for Oct.21.

Winners/Spoilers:

Crocop Ko'd Silva...Shit was crazy. Wandy showed crazy heart and Crocop was as methodical and aggressive as he has ever been. Very brutal knockout. Was a dope match even though it was short...really shows why these guys have so many fans. Wandy showed alot just being the last Middle-Weight in there too.

Lidell vs Wandy. Please.

Nogueira was robbed in my opinion, Josh Barnett got the split.

Crocop absoluetly murdered JB to win the tourney. Very cool, as it was Crocop's 32 B-Day. Very good show.

Here's the full card results:

Pride Open Wight GP:
- Mirko Cro Cop defeated Wanderlei Silva by KO in R1;
- Josh Barnett defeated Rodrigo Minotauro by split decision;
- Mirko Cro Cop defeated Barnett by TKO in R1;

GP Alternate bout:
- Aleksander Emelianenko defeated Sergey Kharitonov by TKO in R1;

Super fights:
- Evangelista Cyborg submitted Yosuke Nishijima by RNC in R1;
- Ricard

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Crocop is amazing.

kato

Post by kato »

Crazykidkato wrote:Mirko is winning this shit...

binary

Post by binary »

blastmaster wrote:Crocop is amazing.
It depends on who he fights.

I think Wanderlei might be on the downslope. You ccan't throw looping haymakers at top notch strikers like Cro and Chuck, I would bet Lidell is gonna KO him with some straight rights.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

binary wrote:

I think Wanderlei might be on the downslope. You ccan't throw looping haymakers at top notch strikers like Cro and Chuck, I would bet Lidell is gonna KO him with some straight rights.
I think Crocop is pretty much amazing no matter how you look at it. And dude was straight "on" last night.

I don't know if Wandy is on the downslope, but he definately shouldn't have tried to fight Crocop like that. But, shit, he was the last middle weight and he went out swinging. Dude was fuckign jacked up too, that extra weight probably gave him a false sense of confidence too. He should have fought a better fight, but one shot and the fight could have went the other way.

And Chuck's strikes are deadly, but if anything I think he'd be the one getting his bell rung. He hasn't fought anyone with real striking power since he fought Belfort...And I mean, Crocop was a heavy weight(even though eh was lighter last night)...I doubt Chuck would have lasted as long as Silva did last night against most of the heavy weights in Pride, much less Mirkov. And that's the thing, the competition in UFC just can't compare, that's the main reason I'd like to see it go down. But I don't doubt at all that Lidell could KO Wandy with one of his wild shots. Dude hits...Hard. But even so, it wasn't just Crocop's power that put Wandy, away...that eye was swoll liek a bitch. Dude took that right from Mirkov like a champ.

binary

Post by binary »

HopeLess wrote:
binary wrote:

I think Crocop is pretty much amazing no matter how you look at it. And dude was straight "on" last night.
If you can withstand his leg kick, he looks pretty shitty. He looked terrible against Mark Hunt, he was running away the whole fight after Hunt took his leg kick. However, he's still the man, I want to see him fight Nog or Fedor once again.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

binary wrote:
HopeLess wrote:
binary wrote:

If you can withstand his leg kick, he looks pretty shitty. He looked terrible against Mark Hunt, he was running away the whole fight after Hunt took his leg kick. However, he's still the man, I want to see him fight Nog or Fedor once again.
Oh, no doubt...I def agree he's let himself go some fights. But he's just a dope athlete all around. Great fighter, great skills and great overall presence.

Dude's awesome, he looked majorly focused last night. He was letting his hands go and throwing his kicks with major authority.

And I was damn sure dissapointed we didn't see a rematch with Nog. That's was some shit.

Can't wait for the Feydor rematch as well.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

crocop was sharp as a muthafucka.

and ricardo arona got some devastating leg kicks too.

cant wait for a fedor crocop rematch!

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

Much respect to Josh Barnett. I thought Nogueira was gonna kill him. He kept the fight close and did some damage. The fights were reversed from what I envisioned. I thought Crocrop/Silva was gonna be a war, with neither one having anything for the final. The UFC needs to have a open weight tourney like this. The only problem is the lack of talent to field a 16 man event. Maybe they could get some pride guys in there. Or do a 8 UFC vs. 8 Pride fighter tourney. Does anyone else get hyped when they hear the lady announcer in english? She adds some serious energy when saying the fighters name while coming down the ramp, I love that shit.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

FightOn wrote:Much respect to Josh Barnett. I thought Nogueira was gonna kill him. He kept the fight close and did some damage. The fights were reversed from what I envisioned. I thought Crocrop/Silva was gonna be a war, with neither one having anything for the final. The UFC needs to have a open weight tourney like this. The only problem is the lack of talent to field a 16 man event. Maybe they could get some pride guys in there. Or do a 8 UFC vs. 8 Pride fighter tourney. Does anyone else get hyped when they hear the lady announcer in english? She adds some serious energy when saying the fighters name while coming down the ramp, I love that shit.
ive been wanting this for awhile because pride really gets no love in the states.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

Who would be the 8 guys you would pick for the UFC ? This is a open weight tourney. My 8 fighters would be:

Chuck Liddell
Andrei Arlovski
Rich Franklin
Matt Hughes
Tim Silvia
Tito Ortiz
BJ Penn
Frank Mir(If Healthy)

Georges St. Pierre would be good too. The problem is the UFC dosen't have enough good big fighters. Not much to pick from at 205 and above.

kato

Post by kato »

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Georges St. Pierre

and maybe even Franklin...

WOULD GET KILLED IN A OPEN WEIGHT Tourney...Pride heavy weights ain't no joke...

Chuck Earns Cheese

Post by Chuck Earns Cheese »

Crazykidkato wrote:Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Georges St. Pierre

WOULD GET KILLED IN A OPEN WEIGHT Tourney...Pride heavy weights ain't no joke...
BJ Penn fought in a lot of open weights

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

Chuck Earns Cheese wrote:
Crazykidkato wrote:Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Georges St. Pierre

BJ Penn fought in a lot of open weights
Yeah and has done well. Franklin has fought over in Japan against larger opponents also. Matt Hughes trains with nothing but heavyweights, he might surprise you.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

FightOn wrote:Much respect to Josh Barnett. I thought Nogueira was gonna kill him. He kept the fight close and did some damage. The fights were reversed from what I envisioned. I thought Crocrop/Silva was gonna be a war, with neither one having anything for the final. The UFC needs to have a open weight tourney like this. The only problem is the lack of talent to field a 16 man event. Maybe they could get some pride guys in there. Or do a 8 UFC vs. 8 Pride fighter tourney. Does anyone else get hyped when they hear the lady announcer in english? She adds some serious energy when saying the fighters name while coming down the ramp, I love that shit.
Yeah, I love the way that lady screams too. :lol:

bent

Post by bent »

PRIDE Final Conflict Absolute 2006 - Recap of ALL FIGHTS

Evangelista Santos vs Yousuke Nishijima .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32649007/Eva ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Tournament Semi-Final:
Wanderlei Silva vs Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic 2 .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32653170/Mir ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Tournament Semi-Final:
Josh Barnett vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32660138/Jos ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Tournament Reserve Match:
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Sergei Kharitonov .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32637674/Ale ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Lee Tae-Hyun vs Ricardo Morais .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32669835/Lee ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Kazuhiro Nakamura vs Yoshihiro Nakao .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32677685/Kaz ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs Cyrille Diabate .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32663168/Mau ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Ricardo Arona vs Alistair Overeem .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32645931/Ali ... 6_-Tok.wmv

Tournament Final:
OWGP Tournament Finals .wmv
http://rapidshare.de/files/32673041/OWG ... 6_-Tok.wmv

These are in japanese. so there

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

bent wrote: so you guys agree with the Barnett/Nog decision?
I think Nogueira should have gotten the decision. It was very close. Like I said earlier I thought Nogueira was gonna destroy Barnett. I think him being the underdog got him the decision. And that gay ass song he comes out to the ring with probably helped him too.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

FightOn wrote:
bent wrote: so you guys agree with the Barnett/Nog decision?
I think Nogueira should have gotten the decision. It was very close. Like I said earlier I thought Nogueira was gonna destroy Barnett. I think him being the underdog got him the decision. And that gay ass song he comes out to the ring with probably helped him too.
I agree with FightOn, Nog should have got the decision. Barnett showed some heart, but Noguiera was basically putting on a ground fighting/submission clinic and pretty much never lost control. I agree with the underdog thing...It definately looked like Barnett was "trying harder", but it's just because he really couldn't do much with him.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

^^^ i totally agree.

the barnett knockdown must have swayed the judges enough though.

great fight anyway.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

There seriously needs to be a PPV where the top frighters in each weight class from Pride and UCF face off.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.