GRIME DUBSTEP BASSLINE FUNKY BONGO 2008 THREAD

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

barknee

Post by barknee »

bok-bok and other all-over-print cunts still try and push it. i don't think anyone cares tho.
ImageImageImage

barknee

Post by barknee »

bok bok b2b blaze bellend
ImageImageImage

tpp

Post by tpp »

U KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO MAH

WISH I'D TRIED WHEN I HALLUNICATED THAT I SAW HER IN THE RADIO AT BESTIVAL AFTER DOING ABOUT 14 PILLS

tpp

Post by tpp »

(deP001) BLAZE BELLEND - BIG IN THE SCENE [DONK E PUNCH ENTERTAINMENT]

eeeryone best watch for this one

tpp

Post by tpp »

BLAZE BELLEND FEAT LUCY LUSTCOMBE - WHAT U KNOW ABOUT MY PLACE IN SUSSEX?

LAAAAAAAAAAARGE

tpp

Post by tpp »

2008: PRESENT FOR EVERY SINGLE SEISMIC SHIFT IN THE UK HARDCORE CONTINUUM

REMEMBER NOTHING

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

barknee wrote:pissed enough to do ackbar's survey ting:

- cd (album/mixtape/compilation)
blackdown & dusk - margins music. benga's album got boring and as much as i'm loving the starkey lp at the moment, it's too soon to bestow such a title upon it.

- record (12"/ep)
darkstar or zomby. either way, hyperdub rape every other label on the planet right now.

- song
joker - digi design. what was i just saying about hyperdub?

- podcast/radio show
blackdown & dusk on rinse. rinse have really stepped up this year by giving keysound, marcus nasty etc their own shows. now if only they'd give loefah's old slot to oneman!
ackbar's Best of the UK Underground 2008

Best Album, Mixtape or Compilation: Trimski - Soulfood Vol 3: Leaf Out Of Their Book
Runner Up: Appleblim - Dubstep Allstars Vol. 6, JME - Famous?

Best Record: Zomby - Hyperdub EP
Runner Up: Martyn - Natural Selection/Vancouver

Best Song: Flying Lotus - Roberta Flack (Martyn's Heartbeat Mix)
Runner Up: Dusk+Blackdown - Concrete Streets feat. Durrty Goodz, Jakes & Joker - 3K Lane

Best Podcast/Radio Show: Dusk+Blackdown - Rinse FM
Runner Up: Mary Anne Hobbs - BBC Radio 1's Experimental Show, Appleblim - Rinse FM
The Iron Sheik wrote:- Album:
JME Famous?
Consistently funny, engaging and well-produced. JME has a sense of personality and a willingness to be himself, something that I think a lot of grime artists are getting away from recently.

- Record:
DJ Mujava "Township Funk"
This record blew me away and is a complete fucking anthem. I'm glad Warp took a chance on it. It killed the clubs this year. The DJ Nonsense remix on the flip is also very strong in a different way.

- Song:
Wiley "Local Lad"
So huge. It's exciting, epic, raw, vital. Everything I love about grime.

- Podcast:
Blackdown & Dusk, easily
skurdur wrote:Best Album, Mixtape or Compilation:
Appleblim - Dubstep Allstars: Vol.06
Runner up: Nasty Jack - Shotta Music

Best Record:
Zomby - EP

Best Song:
Millie & Andrea (Martyn) ג€“ Black Hammmer
Runner up: Rustie ג€“ Zig Zag
[/quote]
Last edited by ackbar on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

DLG

Post by DLG »

:upload:

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

wait to see if the other three or four regulars in this post (tpp, skurdur, coldwatermusic, Y@k Bollocks, etc.) post a list then we can create overall bests and upload the whole shit

tpp

Post by tpp »

gimme a week or so to do it, I'm just catching up for some stuff and want to hear that huge Geeneus album/mix out tomorrow

barknee

Post by barknee »

i'm prob gonna change my list tbh, been listening to starkey all weekend and i think it's just bullied itself to the top of my list.

gotta get that flying lotus 12" because that martyn remix is unbelievable...
ImageImageImage

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

barknee wrote:gotta get that flying lotus 12" because that martyn remix is unbelievable...
Can't decide if this or his Broken Heart remix is the best thing he's done yet.

Ack, I'm still undecided, will report back in a few days or so.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

tpp wrote:gimme a week or so to do it, I'm just catching up for some stuff
Likewise.

By the way - any of you guys on Last.fm??

tpp

Post by tpp »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
tpp wrote:gimme a week or so to do it, I'm just catching up for some stuff
Likewise.

By the way - any of you guys on Last.fm??
I'm on lastfm: tpp

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

- Album:
JME Famous?
Consistently funny, engaging and well-produced. JME has a sense of personality and a willingness to be himself, something that I think a lot of grime artists are getting away from recently.

- Record:
DJ Mujava "Township Funk"
This record blew me away and is a complete fucking anthem. I'm glad Warp took a chance on it. It killed the clubs this year. The DJ Nonsense remix on the flip is also very strong in a different way.

- Song:
Wiley "Local Lad"
So huge. It's exciting, epic, raw, vital. Everything I love about grime.

- Podcast:
Blackdown & Dusk, easily

barknee

Post by barknee »

nice little DJ Magic (dirty canvas) mix for Ras Kwame. worth it for a BANANAS new durrty goodz track alone. and gutter music!!!!!

magic also briefly mentions a new goodz ep in the new year. we're waiting, goodz...

Brazen ג€“ Dub
Durtty Goodz ג€“ Throw Away Thoughts (Awkward)
Black The Ripper ג€“ Best In The Scene (No Hats No Hoods)
Ghetto feat. Griminal ג€“ Don't Phone Me (J Clarke)
Ice Kid ג€“ Talk Of Town (Eski Beat Recordings)
Orien ג€“ Pulse O (White)
Starkey feat. Durtty Goodz - Gutter Music (Key Sound)
Rinser ג€“ A Little Darker (No Hats No Hoods)
Trim ג€“ Four Letter Word (Soul Food)
Wiley ג€“ Money in my Pocket (DVA Remix feat. Frisco & P Money) (Asylum)
Ruff Sqwad ג€“ Bring Your Click (Rapid Recordings)
Lee Brasco ג€“ Computer Girls Brains Remix (No Hats No Hoods)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/st97s1
ImageImageImage

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Dirty Canvas Presents 2009 Grime Calendar

Dirty Canvas 2009 Calendar - Photos By Will Robson-Scott

London's leading Grime night Dirty Canvas has teamed up with photographer Will Robson- Scott to bring you the first calendar of Grime music's biggest and best loved stars.

This limited edition A3 calendar features Wiley, Skepta, Tinchy Stryder, Trim, JME, Roll Deep, D Double E, Ghetto, Jammer, Chipmunk, Griminal, Tempa T, Badness, Ice Kid, Frisco, Double S, P Money and Lil Nasty.

With 500 copies printed this a unique piece featuring never seen before photos, capturing your favourite grime stars in the studio, performing live, backstage, jamming on road, in the chicken shop, getting a haircut and even assaulting an 80's TV Star!

Dirty Canvas is one of London's most exciting and forward thinking club night showcasing Grime as well as Dubstep, Bassline, Funky and anything with bass in it. From humble beginnings at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, via the Institute of Contemporary arts we are now one of the most established club nights in London. This year was our best yet, highlights included Wiley's sell out album launch at 93 Ft East, JME's Famous Tour at London Astoria and Ghetto's Freedom of Speech Launch at Rhythm Factory. It was also a good year for our label No Hats No Hoods with Silverlink, Badness and Jammer's carnival anthem 'The Message Is Love' getting huge support across BBC Radio 1, BBC 1Xtra, Kiss Fm and Choice Fm as well as helping to break new artists and producers such as Rude Kid, P Money and Lee Brasco .

Will Robson-Scott is a freelance photographer whose work has featured in Time Out, Mix Mag, Mass Appeal, Mens Health, Daydream Network, Vice and Dazed and Confused. His work focuses on subcultures and people living on the edge of society. Check his website for an insight into his other work.

For all Enquiries please contact Magic: 07903682129/nohatsnohoods@googlemail.com

www.myspace.com/dirtycanvas
www.willrobsonscott.co.uk
http://www.dirtycanvas.bigcartel.com/

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

On my new favorite blog:

http://extramusicnew.blogspot.com/2008/ ... d-009.html

Geeneus-Volumes (one)(rinse cd 009)

Tracklist

Cd 1
1. Geeneus - In To The Future (6:35)
2. Geeneus And Zinc - Emotions Ft. Nikki (6:59)
3. Geeneus - Yellowtail (7:39)
4. Geeneus - As I Ft. Katy B (6:21)
5. Geeneus - Make Me (7:26)
6. Geeneus - Saturday Ft. Amy Bullman (8:08)
7. Benga And Coki - Night (Geeneus Remix) (6:35)
8. Martino - Piece Of Heaven (Geeneus Remix) Ft. Sacha (8:47)
9. Geeneus - Out Of The Future (7:41)

CD 2
1. Thommy Davis - Mars Need Women (Spen And Thommy Mix) (1:42)
2. Crazy Cousinz - Bongo Jam (2:27)
3. Underground Collective - Jesus Creates Sounds (1:27)
4. Donaeo - Devil In A Blue Dress (1:14)
5. Suges - We Belong To The Night (1:43)
6. Fingaprint - Night Time In July (0:58)
7. Zinc - Traveller Ft. Fatima (2:19)
8. Aardvarck - Well Well Well (1:27)
9. Perempay And Dee - In The Air Ft. Katy Pearl (3:32)
10. Geeneus - In To The Future (2:20)
11. The Dream Sellers - Do It Better (2:18)
12. Danny Tejada - Sucre (1:28)
13. Naughty - Quicktime VIP (0:58)
14. Kentphonic - Sunday Showers (2:40)
15. Geeneus - Yellowtail (2:55)
16. Naughty - Fire Power (0:43)
17. Roska - Feline (1:41)
18. Ralf Gum And Monique Bingham - Kissing Strangers (2:11)
19. Phlash And Friends - Revolution-Solution (0:57)
20. Mescal Kid - Majic (0:28)
21. Crazy Cousinz And Kyla - Do You Mind (2:24)
22. Hard House Banton - Sirens (0:43)
23. Hard House Banton - Sirens (Geeneus Remix) (1:12)
24. MA1 - Give It Up Ft. Simone (1:26)
25. Fingaprint - Signed And Sealed (2:21)
26. JoVonn - Banger (3:04)
27. Roska - Gone To A Better Place (2:22)
28. G Fam - Frontline (2:32)
29. Grand High Priest - Mixdown (0:28)
30. Amel Larrieux - 4 Real (3:25)
31. Geeneus And Katy B - As I (4:48)

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

Does anyone have Wiley's See clear now? Juno has it in stock, so it must be out there.

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

Code: Select all

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kwyenm

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

:jiz:

tpp

Post by tpp »

PRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOPS FOR THAT GEENEUS

I just got back from the shops looking for that but couldn't find it.......poor distribution fuelling piracy ugetme

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

New Roska Mix:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sr4snh

01 Magic Touch - Signed & Sealed

02 Afroganic ג€“ Embargo (Wookie Mix)

03 Roska - In Your Handbag

04 DJ Naughty - Cheap Talk

05 DJ Mystery - Speechless

06 D-Malice - Dreams Come True

07 MA1 - Give It Up (Roska Remix)

08 DJ Naughty - Troubleג€™s Back

09 Melaka - Go (Crazy Cousinz Remix)

10 Geeneus - Emotions

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

oh my days! that new Wiley is horrible

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

is the first disc of that geenus disc unmixed??

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

if anyone comes across these songs.. i still need them from 2008:

- dz - Old Timers
- Kosheen - Guilty (Plastician Remix)

barknee

Post by barknee »

skurdur wrote:oh my days! that new Wiley is horrible
Wiley wrote:Im Saying This To Every1 Who Likes Cash In My Pocket There Is A Problem Since I Done The Track Some Idiot From The Label Decided He Would Take A Grime Lyric From Another Tune And Slow It Right Down And Try To Fit It In The Tune It Sounds So Shit Ive Jus Heard It Now Im Goin On Every Radio Station To Talk About That Is A Disrespect To Me And My Musical Style We Dont Do Shit Like This It Sounds Rediculous And Im Very Angry That Some1 Has Done This Even If I Go High In The Charts I Will Wipe This Shit Version Of Cash In My Pocket Out Of My Mind And See You In The New Year When I Will Be Back With My Own Creative Control Instead Of Ben Cook Or John Woolf Or Any Prick Who Does Silly Things Like Adding A 145 Bpm Lyric Down To A Band Played Tune With A Much Slower Tempo I Cant Even Listen To It I Will Never Accept This Ever John Woolf You Are The Worse Manager On Earth Nick Detnon Would Piss On You I Advise Artists To Stay Away From John Woolf He Does Shit That You Would Want To Kill Him For Believe Me I Want To Kill Him Amongst Others If He Was Infront Of Me Now I Would Empty A Whole Clip At Him For Doin This Stupid Cash In My Pocket 3rd Verse Mockery Please God Save Me Realtalk I Said It
Wiley wrote:Mark Ronson Must Of Felt How I Felt Thats Why He Didnt Wanna Do The Video
Now You See What Type Of Idiots This Label Are Making Me Sound Incapable Please Forget This Tune As Quick As Poss If You Can I Cant Hear That Version With A Fake 3rd Verse And I Will Never As Long As Im Alive Perform This Song With That 3rd Verse Init Trust Me Ahhh If You Knew How Mad I Am Right Now Watch The Video For The 1st Time And Its That Shit Version Of The Tune John Woolf I Am Gonna Get You I Promise 1 Day You
Will Pay For This You Tramp I Hate You
was listening to dot rotten - RIP young dot all day yesterday. anyone who didn't check this when it first came out, or didn't like it that much, needs to give it another chance cos it's really really good IMO...
ImageImageImage

tpp

Post by tpp »

Wiley wrote: On I See Clear Album.......Ive Disowned This Album I Cant Take All The Bits Of Shit That Have Gone Since I Left The Studio Forget This Project I Do Not Like The Way It All Went Down Gfive All Credit To John Woolf I Dont No Credit From This Album It Is Not A Classic Wiley Album Its A Fake Money Album Forget Every1 Im The Only Who Can Do The Classic Wiley Stuff Dont Try An Help Me I Dont Need Help Anymore Leave Me Alone
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

barknee wrote:
skurdur wrote:oh my days! that new Wiley is horrible
Wiley wrote:Im Saying This To Every1 Who Likes Cash In My Pocket There Is A Problem Since I Done The Track Some Idiot From The Label Decided He Would Take A Grime Lyric From Another Tune And Slow It Right Down And Try To Fit It In The Tune It Sounds So Shit Ive Jus Heard It Now Im Goin On Every Radio Station To Talk About That Is A Disrespect To Me And My Musical Style We Dont Do Shit Like This It Sounds Rediculous And Im Very Angry That Some1 Has Done This Even If I Go High In The Charts I Will Wipe This Shit Version Of Cash In My Pocket Out Of My Mind And See You In The New Year When I Will Be Back With My Own Creative Control Instead Of Ben Cook Or John Woolf Or Any Prick Who Does Silly Things Like Adding A 145 Bpm Lyric Down To A Band Played Tune With A Much Slower Tempo I Cant Even Listen To It I Will Never Accept This Ever John Woolf You Are The Worse Manager On Earth Nick Detnon Would Piss On You I Advise Artists To Stay Away From John Woolf He Does Shit That You Would Want To Kill Him For Believe Me I Want To Kill Him Amongst Others If He Was Infront Of Me Now I Would Empty A Whole Clip At Him For Doin This Stupid Cash In My Pocket 3rd Verse Mockery Please God Save Me Realtalk I Said It
Wiley wrote:Mark Ronson Must Of Felt How I Felt Thats Why He Didnt Wanna Do The Video
Now You See What Type Of Idiots This Label Are Making Me Sound Incapable Please Forget This Tune As Quick As Poss If You Can I Cant Hear That Version With A Fake 3rd Verse And I Will Never As Long As Im Alive Perform This Song With That 3rd Verse Init Trust Me Ahhh If You Knew How Mad I Am Right Now Watch The Video For The 1st Time And Its That Shit Version Of The Tune John Woolf I Am Gonna Get You I Promise 1 Day You
Will Pay For This You Tramp I Hate You
On a first listen, there's a lot of horrific stuff on it, but step by step is :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Everyone should check out the Wiley threads on RWD. He's the greatest.

What does everyone make of the Kano and Roll Deep albums? After an initial period of thinking they were a bit rubbish, I think they're both great.
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

request for soulfood 2.. only ever heard 1 & 3.

i definitely got a lot of play out of the dot rotten.. but i still like trim's latest more.

young dot, like ghetto's cd, suffers from too much "spitting fire 16s" to hold my attention span. trim on the other hand makes me want to rap so i can steal his flows & confuse people