GRIME FUNKY BONGO BASSLINE WONKY DUBSTEP WILEY THREAD 2009

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

ya.. the question was to anyone really

i was looking for a little more description tho :lol: (like deep, techy, dark, etc.)

Diss04

Post by Diss04 »

ackbar wrote:ya.. the question was to anyone really

i was looking for a little more description tho :lol: (like deep, techy, dark, etc.)
oh right yeah of course lol

Dutty is more techno-y, with a bit of sub-bass underneath with some nice vocal samples

Stolen Shadow is the choice cut, bit of piano melody, synths with some nice bass rumbling away

it's been a long day, those songs are probably nothing like how i described...

Diss04

Post by Diss04 »

anyone got the 12" of DVA's "Bullet Ah Go Fly"?

razbooof

Post by razbooof »

:wutang:
Last edited by razbooof on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

fantastic first post Razbooof! thanks for these :cheers:

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

damn. thanks for those

Gudio - Cat In The Window (320kbps)
Gemmy - Word Perfect (320kbps)
01. Taz Buckfaster - Negative
02. Prov - Arctic Company
03. Joker - Zariak
04. Rude Kid - It's About Time

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Sayiam - Bootleg Beats
01. Athsma
02. Blam
03. Box
04. Lounge Chair
05. Brainbeat 3
06. Deathrace 2000
07. Moon Shoes
08. Oil-Slick
09. Part 1
10. Powervinkel
11. Ridin' Dirty
12. Rough Copy
13. Rum & Sugar
14. Untitled (NES Beats)

razbooof

Post by razbooof »

shot! :cheers:

also forgot this one - all about what kode is up to at the moment. he's visiting dunedin, nz, where i'm at, on july1st. have a feeling some people are gonna be very confused...

http://rapidshare.com/files/238144885/l ... tongue.zip

did people check maxwell d over lil silva's production on heatwave too? blackberry hype must be the first celly related track i've been into... although the riddim does help somewhat.

step one

Post by step one »

new DJ Craze mix I just found at www.lovethattune.com

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... 374a151257

Tracklist
1. Human Resource - Dominator (HERVE IS BIG AND BOLDER AND ROUGHER AND TOUGHER REMIX)
2. L-Vis 1990 - Untitled Groove
3. Kill The Noise - Roots
4. Major Lazer - Pon De Floor (Afrojack Vocal Version)
5. Lenka - Trouble Is A Friend (Nadastromג€™s Wishful Dub)
6. Kissy Sell Out - The Kiss (Jack Beats RMX)
7. Depeche Mode - Peace (Herveג€™s Warehouse Frequencies Remix)
8. Boltan - Creepy (Mightyfools Remix)
9. Zinc - Blunt Edge (Unintentional acapella)
10. ? - Hot For Pop (Daphutur RMX)
11. Hostage - Special Brew
12. Major Lazer - Hold The Line (DZ RMX)
13. La Roux - Bulletproof (Foamo Dubstep RMX)
14. ? - Siren VIP
15. The Streets - Blinded By The Lights (Nero RMX)
16. Phatcat & DZ - Shadows
17. 12th Planet & Datsik & Tealong - (Open Your Eyes + Riddle Of Steel)
18. Joker & Jakes - 3Klane (L-Vis 1990 Dubble Step Edit)
19. Buraka Som Sistem - IC 19 (L-Vis 1990 RMX)
20. Razor Gang - Blackflower
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

that wiley album was a lot better than i thought it was gonna be.

i gotta say, i've really lost interest in current dubstep. there's definitely still good shit coming out but i feel like it's lost a lot of it's allure/vibe. ESPECIALLY after seeing the kind of people who latched onto it in the states. sorry, i don't wanna see kids with stretched ears moshing at dub wars or whatever. they just don't get it at all. it's the same shit that happened to dnb. the cool urban side of it was wiped out by the dumb-ass male rage, out-of-control-bassline crowd.

step one

Post by step one »

nickwoj wrote:that wiley album was a lot better than i thought it was gonna be.

i gotta say, i've really lost interest in current dubstep. there's definitely still good shit coming out but i feel like it's lost a lot of it's allure/vibe. ESPECIALLY after seeing the kind of people who latched onto it in the states. sorry, i don't wanna see kids with stretched ears moshing at dub wars or whatever. they just don't get it at all. it's the same shit that happened to dnb. the cool urban side of it was wiped out by the dumb-ass male rage, out-of-control-bassline crowd.
I know what you mean. The best thing about UKG blowing up was all the fuckwits at D&B nights migrated over to the garage scene.
Then they came back around 02-03 for a bit when it was trendy to like D&B again (when 'Shake Ur Body' and 'LK' were big), then fucked off back to the grime/dubstep nights.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

nickwoj wrote:i gotta say, i've really lost interest in current dubstep. there's definitely still good shit coming out but i feel like it's lost a lot of it's allure/vibe. ESPECIALLY after seeing the kind of people who latched onto it in the states. sorry, i don't wanna see kids with stretched ears moshing at dub wars or whatever. they just don't get it at all. it's the same shit that happened to dnb. the cool urban side of it was wiped out by the dumb-ass male rage, out-of-control-bassline crowd.
i understand what you're saying and agree that a mostly corny group have latched on to dubstep in north america.. but in the end what does it really matter? i listen to music because of the music.
the "coolness" of a "scene" is something that grown men shouldn't really be worrying about. if anything.. i find that dubstep is starting to really diversify & spred in to "hipper/cooler" north america circles as of late. and as fun as it is to hate & judge.. a lot of those white dreads, hippies, etc. might be alright peoples

plus.. dubstep has such a large reaching set of influences at this point that it's not exclusive to a "cool urban style" in europe either. have you seen what people like dusk & blackdown, martyn, etc. look like?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

"the dumb-ass male rage, out-of-control-bassline crowd" i can safely co-sign as hating tho. i was talking to my homie the other night and he was saying how the whole electro/blog house (and a lot of dubstep) is all dudes on other dudes jocks. most of the people who post in this thread don't really listen to many of the artists who fall into this category tho

step one

Post by step one »

ackbar wrote: i listen to music because of the music.
the "coolness" of a "scene" is something that grown men shouldn't really be worrying about. if anything..
im with you on the music thing but the sort of people that are going to be at a club night I might want to go to will be a deciding factor in wether I actually go or not.

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

"i listen to music because of the music.
the "coolness" of a "scene" is something that grown men shouldn't really be worrying about. if anything.. "

i wholeheartedly agree with this (how could you not?) but this is a very environmentally based music. when i think of dubstep i think of london, croydon, etc. i think of garage cats with stone island jackets and burberry hats. i think of pirate radio, el-b, tape packs, etc. all of that influence going into it. not some douche who was a crunk/mashup/baltimoreclub ipod dj a couple months ago. dusk, blackdown and those cats are examples of guys doing it right because their music is top fucking notch and their vibe/image is lowkey and intelligent.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i agree dusk & blackdown are cool with me.. they're whole vibe is just basically "music nerd" rather than any sort of cool guy thing (which is fine)

ultimately i could care less about any losers getting in to dubstep. shit is diverse & growing enough that there's room for even them

step one

Post by step one »

nickwoj wrote:
i wholeheartedly agree with this (how could you not?) but this is a very environmentally based music. when i think of dubstep i think of london, croydon, etc. i think of garage cats with stone island jackets and burberry hats. i think of pirate radio, el-b, tape packs, etc. all of that influence going into it. not some douche who was a crunk/mashup/baltimoreclub ipod dj a couple months ago.
i was gonna say something about burberry but didnt want to end up on a massive rant about chavs which wouldnt have made much sense to most people!

agree with everything you said 100% though.
Its a simialr thing when you speak to non-UK D&B heads. Most of them dont know about the old raves , tape packs, pirate stations etc and that people like 4 Hero and Roni Size came up making straight dancefloor tunes rather than the progressive/experimental stuff they became famous for.
Like I mentioned in the Jungle thread, over here Dubstep, D&B, Grime etc is very closely alligned with the Hip Hop scene nowadays whereas abroad I get the impression they're miles apart

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

there's always newjacks, bandgwagon jumpers, hipsters & elitists
hip hop is just as bad or worse for all these types

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i guess it might sort of relate.. here's a quote lifted from a blog
The significant question remains, if I hate*** dubstep so much why do I go and see/listen to so much of it? Patiently waiting for the Joker set at the Arches last Friday it clicked: if I was twenty this is what Iג€™d be into. I.e. this is music for sexually underconfident white trainspotters who want to be cleverer than everyone else and affect a certain cool, marginal, edgy disdain but would never go anywhere there might be a fight. Or any women to talk to. A place where they can get pissed on Stella and sit on the floor in a circle.

Diss04

Post by Diss04 »

haven't been DJ'ing long (Ableton is a bitch to get a hang of)

let me know what you think

June '09 Dubstep Mini-Mix

tracklist:
Jamie Vexג€™d ג€“ Radiant Industry
LD ג€“ Traumatic Times
Gemmy ג€“ Word Perfect
Jamie Vexג€™d ג€“ In System Travel
Active Minds ג€“ Hobsonג€™s Choice
Joker & Ginz ג€“ Re-Up
Flying Lotus ג€“ Glendale Galleria
Untold ג€“ Anaconda
Joker ג€“ Untitled.rsd
Jamie Vexג€™d ג€“ Saturn

http://www.divshare.com/download/7648800-cad

Diss04

Post by Diss04 »

The Grime Forum EP: Edition Two

http://www.mediafire.com/?y20quimmoqt

"Loopy Lou" by Spooky
"Don't Let Me See It" by D-Structo
"Stinky Gutter" by Mr. Snowman
"Pure" by G-Dub

step one

Post by step one »

Skepta disses Wiley

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PX2XsD5yr0s&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PX2XsD5yr0s&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

slack

Post by slack »

www.grimetapes.com is back if you care

apologies for the spam, i do intend to actually post here at some point

barknee

Post by barknee »

^please do slackk...

Diss, haven't got any mp3's i'm afraid but that dark knight 12" is absolutely effed...
ImageImageImage

DLG

Post by DLG »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3I7DJYJGmTY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3I7DJYJGmTY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tpp

Post by tpp »

ackbar wrote:"the dumb-ass male rage, out-of-control-bassline crowd" i can safely co-sign as hating tho. i was talking to my homie the other night and he was saying how the whole electro/blog house (and a lot of dubstep) is all dudes on other dudes jocks. most of the people who post in this thread don't really listen to many of the artists who fall into this category tho
I don't go to many dubstep nights but was walking past FWD on sunday with barknee [ wouldve popped into see marcus nasty but think we were too late ] and i saw the fittest girl ive ever seen in my life. like write into the metro fit.
I have no point apart from you can say whatever you want about dubstep crowd now - its too young/ too studenty/'not enuf true bass weight blud' etc but there are loads of girls whenever i've been to these things, and still seem to be.

downloading your mix ackbar thanks

loads of the best recent tunes on here obvs [next hype, in the morning, donaeo all stone-cold classics] - i don't really ever listen to any of these more abstract dubstep artists tho...it's all a bit chillout isn't it? funny how 'dubstep' has grown to contain this sound and the lagered up "let's fuckin 'ave it" bullshit. def prefer this end of the spectrum.

I guess everyone read the simon reynolds / caspa exchanges - massive rofls. simon you gonna get shanked at your next symposium blud.

Diss04

Post by Diss04 »

tpp wrote:I don't go to many dubstep nights but was walking past FWD on sunday with barknee [ wouldve popped into see marcus nasty but think we were too late ] and i saw the fittest girl ive ever seen in my life. like write into the metro fit.
:lol: :lol:

tpp

Post by tpp »

Girl if you're out there reading this - I was the guy who looked like he'd been drinking for 3 days straight who stared at you for a bit too long.