The Best of Elliott Smith Mix

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

neoteric

The Best of Elliott Smith Mix

Post by neoteric »

Made this in memory of a friend that passed. If you havent heard any of his work before check this out for an introduction, these are my favourite tracks of his. Also, if you're a seasoned fan you might like this, it flows ok and has some live clips and interview bits scattered throughout

Please share this with your friends, blog it, whatever!

The Best of Elliott Smith (Mixed by Neoteric: www.djneoteric.com)

As DJs, many times we put together sets for others. This time I wanted to put something together for myself, for whenever the mood happened to hit. This isnt a DJ mix in the traditional sense, it flows more like a radio show or concert. These songs have been the soundtrack to some memorable times in my life, and I wanted to compile this collection for my own listening, but I know the thousands of fans of the late Elliott Smith will appreciate this too. I added some dialogue and interview clips, and tried to find a good flow to mix, and group similar songs together by mood and theme. The music might seem emo and moody to some, but that wasnt what drew me to it. The melodies caught me, and have stayed stuck in my head for years. Melody was kind of Elliotts thing, and he often cites the Beatles as one of his main influences. I'm quite aware his music is sometimes the soundtrack of the downtrodden, and those struggling with life, and all its temptations, but it's also for the music lovers, such as myself who appreciate his undeniable creativity and songwriting. I don't think I've ever heard an artist who could express the extremes of happiness and sadness, both so well. Rest In Peace Elliott Smith.

http://soundcloud.com/neoteric/the-best ... iott-smith

Tracklisting:
Angeles
Independence Day
Miss Misery
Waltz #2
A Question Mark
Baby Britain
Bled White
Say Yes
A Passing Feeling
Twilight
Tomorrow Tomorrow
Between The Bars
Sweet Adeline
Happiness
I Didn't Understand
Last Call
2:45 AM
Needle In The Hay
Strung Out Again
A Fond Farewell

www.djneoteric.com
www.facebook.com/itsneoteric
www.twitter.com/djneoteric

stems

Post by stems »

This was a really good mix. Thank you.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

what up jere! hope things are well

neoteric

Post by neoteric »

^ yo cam! yeah things are great over here on the other side of the pond

thanks for checkin stems!

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

ay man, just wanted to tell you this was a dope selection and I enjoyed it. Thanks.

neoteric

Post by neoteric »

thanks man!