The Metal Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

odium-LSC wrote:Hey. Does anyone know what happened to catfish hunter? I noticed he hasn't posted in a while and was wondering if he was OK. Any ideas?
Im still kickin ass and takin ass. Turned 31 yesterday. Been playing a shitload of shows and the band is getting a great response. Just one of those situations where I have less time for the internet by creating more time for other things. Maybe about to relocate and take up residence in New Orleans again but taking my time. Im old, stale and negative but setting goals and achieving results works for me.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xap9PS4RtP0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xap9PS4RtP0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Im on facebook or follow my band on tumblr. Hope everyone is doing well and shit.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Happy birthday bro. If I don't get my bail revoked and get struck out and Have to go to jail for the rest of my life I wanna try to come down and kick it with you again.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Digging the fuck out of that song, catfish. You got a CD put together yet? Or a T-shirt for black pussy? Cuz black pussy is the best shit evar.

DLG

Post by DLG »

the track is nice for sure.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

odium-LSC wrote:Digging the fuck out of that song, catfish. You got a CD put together yet? Or a T-shirt for black pussy? Cuz black pussy is the best shit evar.
cassette tapes were cheaper and cds dont really sell so we just put out a cassette ep and a couple merch designs. we plan on saving toward putting out a 7inch vinyl and doing a few splits with some other cool bands. Got a few really solid labels that want to release something from us which would be a great help. Were making plans to do some touring with Phobia, haarp and possibly Rwake. I try to keep the tumblr updated as often as we have shit going on. Ill most likely set up a bigcartel online merch store before Xmas for anyone who wants to part with a few bucks to support a real motherfucker living on the edge

http://blackpussy601.tumblr.com/

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

That would be a sick ass show. I would like to support a real motherfucker living on the edge once you get that site up. Hit a dude up once That happens. I got a new number though so send a pm bro.

DLG

Post by DLG »

roadburn sold out in 7 minutes

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

DLG wrote:these guys are great. very weird, complex thrash with a nice dose of black metal type riffs here and there. a bit of a voivod vibe at times.

http://www.mediaboom.org/358664-vektor- ... -2011.html
Just came in here to post this.

Fucking RULES.

Can't imagine anyone who posts in this thread not loving this. So bad ass.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

2 Min. sample of a new Nachtmystium song, supposed to be in the same vein as the stuff on the forthcoming album. If this is the direction they're headed in, count me in. Definitely digging it.

"I Wait In Hell"

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR4JwflXpiQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR4JwflXpiQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DLG

Post by DLG »

sounds great. definitely more of an assassins vibe than an addicts vibe.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

:ohsh: that is ill. Is there a release date for the album yet? I was pretty late getting on the nachtmystium bandwagon but I've become a die hard fan since my first listen. Super cysed about this.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Its about that time for the year end best of lists. Maybe I just wasn't paying much attention But it seems like there wasn't really all that much killer shit this yeah. I'm really hoping I'm incorrect on This and you guys put me up on dozens of amazing albums in your lists.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

odium-LSC wrote::ohsh: that is ill. Is there a release date for the album yet? I was pretty late getting on the nachtmystium bandwagon but I've become a die hard fan since my first listen. Super cysed about this.
Nah unfortunately no release date or anything. Basically this is just a one off song that they had said was very similar to what the new album will sound like. Judging from this song it looks like the new one is gonna be like instinct:decay without the basement black metal production, which is fucking awesome.

DLG

Post by DLG »

odium-LSC wrote:Its about that time for the year end best of lists. Maybe I just wasn't paying much attention But it seems like there wasn't really all that much killer shit this yeah. I'm really hoping I'm incorrect on This and you guys put me up on dozens of amazing albums in your lists.
you'll probably find all three of these helpful since all these sites pretty much cover the kind of stuff you're into.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/ ... ms-of-2011

http://stereogum.com/892061/decibels-40 ... 2011/list/

http://pitchfork.com/features/show-no-m ... s-of-2011/

Masked Terror #1

This is the shit I really liked this year-

Ilsa - Tutti il Colori del Buio

This was arguably my favorite album this year and the biggest surprise. Had never heard of these guys before and they blew me away with their debut. Great raw, blackened, crusty badassery.

Hot Graves- Knights in White Phosphorus

Surprised I didn't hear more about this album this year. Band has been around for a while and have only churned out good shit. This is their first proper full length. Also in the blackened crust zone, with some solid cock rock swag from time to time.

Wolvhammer- Obsidian Plains

Everyone who reads this thread knows I love these guys. This is their most advanced and ambitious album to date. Not sure if it's my favorite of theirs, but still awesome.

Corpsessed- The Dagger & The Challice

Awesomely rotten Finnish death.

Disma- Towards The Megalith

Crushing, monolithic New Jersey death featuring former Incantation members.

Exhumed- All Guts, No Glory

Another contender for my favorite of the year. San Jose true death vets show the kiddies how it's done on possibly their sickest, most fun album yet.

Krallice- Diotima

NY metal all-stars keep it cold, black, brutal and complex on their most intricate record yet, and that's saying something.

Miasmal- Miasmal

Raw and rotten Swedish death with some killer leads and solos. Probably my favorite Swedish death album since Tribulation.

Obscura- Omnivium

I'm not really a fan of technical death, but this record blew me away. Feels like a more extreme Justice For All, in a good way.

Owen Hart- Earth Control

Awesomely chaotic, grindy, HC-fueled madness from Tacoma. Great song titles too.

Trap Them- Darker Handcraft

Another grindy, hardcore record, but with a darker edge.Folks know what to expect from these guys by now, and they deliver. Like Wolvhammer, I think I like some of their earlier stuff better, but this was still a highlight from this year.

Wolves In The Throne Room- Celestial Lineage

Word is this will be the last true WITTR album. Good thing they kept it true to form.

Vektor- Outer Isolation

The most recent addition to this list. Really fucking awesome technical/progressive thrash with very raw edge and excellent tortured vocals. DLG pointed out to me that their best is almost certainly still to come, which is pretty sick.

Wadge- Grindcore Lu'au

Arguably the premiere Polynesian themed, surf infused grindcore album of the year.

This link will take you to a mediafire folder where each album is contained individually- http://www.mediafire.com/?6fxtmgzm6u9kq

Pretty damn sure Ilsa and Owen Hart properly came out this year, despite what the file names might say. Maybe they leaked at the end of last year.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I really hope that isn't true about wolves in the throne room. They've become one of my favorite bands over the last few years. If they switch to folk music or whatever it is they're planning on doing I'm going to be very sad.
Thank You to DLG and MT1 for the lists. Got a ton of new shit to check out from those. For instance, I didn't know RWAKE put out new shit this year. Huge fan of those guys.

DLG

Post by DLG »

forgot about that Wadge album :lol: that's some fun shit. want to check out that Disma album too, I've been on an Incantation kick lately.

I wrote a best of list, but i don't want to post it now because it was commissioned by a prog metal/rock site, so I'll post up the link when they release it. obviously much different from MTs, though we do have two albums in common.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:This is the shit I really liked this year-

Ilsa - Tutti il Colori del Buio

This was arguably my favorite album this year and the biggest surprise. Had never heard of these guys before and they blew me away with their debut. Great raw, blackened, crusty badassery.

Hot Graves- Knights in White Phosphorus

Surprised I didn't hear more about this album this year. Band has been around for a while and have only churned out good shit. This is their first proper full length. Also in the blackened crust zone, with some solid cock rock swag from time to time.

Wolvhammer- Obsidian Plains

Everyone who reads this thread knows I love these guys. This is their most advanced and ambitious album to date. Not sure if it's my favorite of theirs, but still awesome.

Corpsessed- The Dagger & The Challice

Awesomely rotten Finnish death.

Disma- Towards The Megalith

Crushing, monolithic New Jersey death featuring former Incantation members.

Exhumed- All Guts, No Glory

Another contender for my favorite of the year. San Jose true death vets show the kiddies how it's done on possibly their sickest, most fun album yet.

Krallice- Diotima

NY metal all-stars keep it cold, black, brutal and complex on their most intricate record yet, and that's saying something.

Miasmal- Miasmal

Raw and rotten Swedish death with some killer leads and solos. Probably my favorite Swedish death album since Tribulation.

Obscura- Omnivium

I'm not really a fan of technical death, but this record blew me away. Feels like a more extreme Justice For All, in a good way.

Owen Hart- Earth Control

Awesomely chaotic, grindy, HC-fueled madness from Tacoma. Great song titles too.

Trap Them- Darker Handcraft

Another grindy, hardcore record, but with a darker edge.Folks know what to expect from these guys by now, and they deliver. Like Wolvhammer, I think I like some of their earlier stuff better, but this was still a highlight from this year.

Wolves In The Throne Room- Celestial Lineage

Word is this will be the last true WITTR album. Good thing they kept it true to form.

Vektor- Outer Isolation

The most recent addition to this list. Really fucking awesome technical/progressive thrash with very raw edge and excellent tortured vocals. DLG pointed out to me that their best is almost certainly still to come, which is pretty sick.

Wadge- Grindcore Lu'au

Arguably the premiere Polynesian themed, surf infused grindcore album of the year.

This link will take you to a mediafire folder where each album is contained individually- http://www.mediafire.com/?6fxtmgzm6u9kq

Pretty damn sure Ilsa and Owen Hart properly came out this year, despite what the file names might say. Maybe they leaked at the end of last year.
:doom: :cheers: :doom:

DLG

Post by DLG »

DLG

Post by DLG »

this Pallbearer debut is now officially the most anticipated album for me

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/128 ... -of-grief/

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

1. Despise You/Agoraphobic Nosebleed - And on and on..
Hands down my favorite album this year. Power Violence veterans from Inglewood CA return after 15 years to unleash an asskicking the size of California. They have only gotten meaner and more focused with time. If you slept on this turn in your "punker" pass.

2. Weekend Nachos - Worthless
Band gets better with every release. Heavier than Eyehategod tone. Catchy, violent, fast, slow. Completely punishing from ront to back.

thats my list.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Sheer genius speaks for itself:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jwaV_YZMIqY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jwaV_YZMIqY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Wtf? What is that? :rofl:

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

odium-LSC wrote:Wtf? What is that? :rofl:
Dude, I don't think you understand, James Hetfield IS THE MOTHERFUCKING TABLE!

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Oh snap! I didn't realize he was THE table. Had I realized that my respect for him would never have wavered in the slightest.

Masked Terror #1

Masked Terror #1

Midnight- Satanic Royalty

Badass and sleazy blackened punk'n'roll.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Midnight- Satanic Royalty

Badass and sleazy blackened punk'n'roll.
I was hoping that someone would mention this. For those of you that don't know, this is Jimmy from Annihilation Tme/Gordon Solie Motherfuckers/Ratface and also some members of Nunsluaghter. Reppin' hard for Ohio.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »