Iron Maiden Appreciation Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

ALASKA

Iron Maiden Appreciation Thread

Post by ALASKA »

Can we do this?

I have been on a HUGE Maiden kick the past few days and felt like now is as good a time as any to discuss.

favorite maiden album

favz era (d'anno or dickinson)

Fav song

fav artwork

and anything else.

my turn:

favorite maiden album: Fluctuates between the self titled, number of the beast and piece of mind. back in the day it would have been piece of mind (revelations blew my dick off)

favz era (dianno or dickinson): The older i get the more i appreciate the dianno era, works much more with my sensibilities, though they never reach the heights of songs like hallowed be they name and children of the damned.

Fav song: depending on the moment children of the damned, Transylvania, stranger world, 22 acacia ave. and revelations.

fav artwork: always partial to killers and the trooper.

and anything else:
got to catch them at the meadowlands on the powerslave tour, pure noise bleed sets style, but it ended up being the show that fans rioted in the parking lot, turning over cop cars and eventually leading to the ban on alcohol at metal shows at the meadowlands.

Spartan

Re: Iron Maiden Appreciation Thread

Post by Spartan »

YES, we can do this.

favorite maiden album Live After Death. I know it's cheating because it's a live album but it's one of my fave albums ever. Ever."Scream for me Loooooooooong Beeeeeeach!"

favz era (d'anno or dickinson) This is tough, I got into them after D'anno. I kind of prefer Dickinson's vocals even when he's sung Phantom of the Opera, Running Free and all the other D'anno era songs, so it's Bruce for me.

Fav song Fuck! Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper, Phantom of the Opera, Aces High, Wasted Years. Going for Hallowed Be Thy Name.

fav artwork The Trooper. Eddie doing it for Britain.

Me and an old buddy, Long Cut Chris recently watched Flight 666. We've never been to a Maiden concert and we made a pact to see them next time they play London. If one of us fails on the deal, the disappointee gets stabbed with no police charges.

I need to hear that Steve Harris album.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I went and saw them recently. really, really enjoyed myself. they played most of the classics and a bunch of songs i'd never heard.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I used to have Somewhere In Time poster on my wall. It's my fav Maiden album. Stranger In A Strangeland or 2 Minutes... might be my favorite tracks.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

ALASKA wrote:Can we do this?
Oh, hells yes.

favorite maiden album
POWERSLAVE!

favz era (di'anno or dickinson)
I love the Paul Di'anno albums, but the 5 first albums with Dickinson from 1982-88, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son are just so damn incredible.

Fav song
Too goddamn difficult to answer. Huge catalogue of unfuckwitable shit. Right now: Phantom of the Opera. and Where Eagles Dare. and Aces High. and The Evil That Men Do.

fav artwork

or

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

Back in the day (83-84'ish) my brother used to play Maiden so I heard quite a bit of the stuff coming out around that time but it wasn't til 2000-01 that I decided to buy a bunch of their albums. Been a huge fan ever since (esp. Number-Seventh Son). Even love the post Blaze Bayley albums (Brave New World-Final Frontier).

favorite maiden album Easily The Number Of The Beast

favz era (d'anno or dickinson) Bruce for sure. Could never get into D'anno.

Fav song Tie between Hallowed Be Thy Name & Children Of The Damned.

fav artwork

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Machiventa on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

fucking fuck
Last edited by Machiventa on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

sorry
Last edited by Machiventa on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

mind deleting these? :sad:

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

best album, probably because it was first maiden album i've heard and i used to listen to it everyday when i was kid. also best metal album IMO :

fav era, easily dickinson

fav song umm evil that men do, hollowed be thy name, children of the damned, wasted years, fear of the work

fav artwork

ImageImage

DLG

Post by DLG »

favorite maiden album: Somewhere in Time

favz era (d'anno or dickinson) no Blaze Bayley option? :lol: Dickinson

Fav song: Sea of Madness

fav artwork

and anything else.
I consider Bruce Dickinson's solo albums "Accident of Birth" and "Chemical Wedding" to be on par with Maiden's best releases and I wish he didn't rejoin them, or at least continued to work solo with Adrian and Roy Z.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

:rofl: