YES! Herb McGruff-Demo EP

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

props to jaz and dred scott, i've been waiting for this shit

also, wicked 22 posts here too? god damn that kid is a message board addict

-Bruce-

Post by -Bruce- »

Nice one Del.

Lot of ignorance in this thread..

agony

Post by agony »

thanks much!

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I was wondering how a Herb Mcgruff demo got 60+ replies.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

because it's dope, and the production by Buckwild and Godfather done, smashes it.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

ganglyon wrote:because it's dope, and the production by Buckwild and Godfather done, smashes it.
That's it in a nutshell and also us MP3 heads are very grateful for having this dopeness bump out of our speakers and headphones, we understand that not everyone has turntables and is a fan of quality Hip Hop, we also understand that some companies are ripping consumers off pure and simple, I stopped buying 12"s years ago, because I was paying $23 (New Zealand) for maybe two tracks and an instrumental and accapella.

With that $23 I can buy mad blank CD's and download and burn off songs to add to my extensive collection, like 20 or so 12"s worth.

Lastly, why go at us kids on message boards, why don't you attack the dudes that are ripping these 12"s?, why don't you go and tell CMS or FTD that they are are not about the real Hip Hop and how the artists aren't getting paid.

Just my thoughts.

illest

Post by illest »

i cant even blame the label for the price. its rare, most people didnt know about it (bobbito didnt even know it existed and he had mad godfather don joints....shit they did a lot from his apartment), not many people buy vinyl anymore, and the shit is crack in an era when there is a thirst for the old shit and hatred for the newer shit. ill never pay 80 for six songs but shit someone will.

i blame the artists for waiting 15 years to drop their material. godfather don knew his shit was hot and people wanted it. he could of dropped everything through hydra or fondle em. instead he dropped that diabolique (which was his commercial attempt) and mad singles. hydra could of done better. the singles were great for the djs but why not make more money and put out everything instead of giving labels your shit when all they do is through it away. i know he wanted a deal but these labels dont want that shit. mothafuckas like pete rock do this same shit. fuck these niggas. bootleg all there shit. thats the whole point of the internet.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I wish I could collect music like some people, but why waste money on Vinyl when I don't even have any fuckin turntables.

I also wish I had an album collection like Phila, but I don't have the money to spend on hundreds of now terribly overpriced CDs (i'm sorry but anything that hasn't come out within the past 4-5 years shouldn't be 12-15 dollars plus fuckin tax).

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

dope

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

This EP is absolutely brilliant

informer

Post by informer »

anyone got any more rare mcgruff stuff, dude is dope

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I Keep My Palm On The Handle (Remix) is heat rocks

props to using Holy Thursday & Nautilus in the same joint

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Could we please sticky an "Arguing With Foreign People About Overpriced and Limited Vinyl" thread?

(This McGruff shit sounds great.)

illest

Post by illest »

multsanta wrote:Could we please sticky an "Arguing With Foreign People About Overpriced and Limited Vinyl" thread?

word this shit is crack....its a shame mcgruff didnt let don do all of his shit

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

multsanta wrote:Could we please sticky an "Arguing With Foreign People About Overpriced and Limited Vinyl" thread?

[img][img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/ ... illie2.jpg[/img]

yeah , were all clowns for buying it,

on the other hand , you all seem excited enough about downloading it after shooting us down for buying the vinyl,,

just dont add up.

anyhow ive said my bit and aint interested anymore,
its evident yous hip hop supporters will continue to do your thing while we continue to do ours.

each to their own and all of that jazz

nice 1

Del
soul condor is down with us , makin funky music is a must im # 1

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

You sir, are an incorrigible homo.

bmoredj
Location: Baltimore by way of Dundee Scotland working in Basra Iraq

Souldcondor

Post by bmoredj »

My man in air that was funy good stuff there. I have to use that as a screen saver lol.

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:You sir, are an incorrigible homo.
haha, yeah good to see you take the bait again so easy eh.

yes bmoredj, good to see someone on here with a touch of a sense of humour,
maybe you will like this one too

[img][img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/ ... /herb1.jpg[/img]

------------------------------ insert long line off expletives about your massive record collections and Scottish bashing for me to laugh at again

keeps me entertained for sure :gyeah:

nice 1

Del

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

:roll:
What a fanny flap.

Jaz and Dredd - thanks for this EP - loving it.

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

Skeptic wrote::roll:
What a fanny flap.
[img][img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/ ... bait-1.jpg[/img]
[img][img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/ ... /bait2.jpg[/img]

and they just keep taking the bait :roll: :lol:

nice 1

Del[/img]

schenectadyfan

Post by schenectadyfan »

soulcondor, i suggest you arrange a duel with the rippers at FTD, as they are the crew that put this rip out......

a knife fight or a shootout would probably do the trick...

since we are all just a bunch of peons here apparently (lol, you have NO idea what my collection is like )....... you should take up this problem with the people that actually turned the vinyl into mp3s. GO TO THE SOURCE AND FUCK EM UP' SCOTTISH STYLEE......

ps - if you look up the thread i started called 'post a random pic of your collection' here in t.r.oy. you will quickly see that many of us here are collectors whose stacks are probably every bit as deep as your own so dont get too high on yourself yet.....

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

schenectadyfan wrote:soulcondor, i suggest you arrange a duel with the rippers at FTD, as they are the crew that put this rip out......

a knife fight or a shootout would probably do the trick...

since we are all just a bunch of peons here apparently (lol, you have NO idea what my collection is like )....... you should take up this problem with the people that actually turned the vinyl into mp3s. GO TO THE SOURCE AND FUCK EM UP' SCOTTISH STYLEE......

ps - if you look up the thread i started called 'post a random pic of your collection' here in t.r.oy. you will quickly see that many of us here are collectors whose stacks are probably every bit as deep as your own so dont get too high on yourself yet.....
good to see another sensible answer.

nah you got it all wrong fella, i aint questioning peoples vinyl collections whatsoever, i have no doubt many of most of you prob have a deeper collection than me.

the problem was the fact that there were people spouting off about us being clowns and dickheads for buying these releases,
when a simple visit to this site and read through the appropriate threads show that there are a majority of site users fiending like a crack head ho for this stuff !

and if it wasnt for the dickheads like me paying upfront for these joints or for the teams putting in the hard work to release the packages then im afraid the mp3 wouldnt even be available to do the rounds on places like this.

my problem aint even really the mp3s, its the attitude that was shown here that the people lucky enough to have copped these releases are stupid......................
blatantly the green eyed monster at play, cos deep down you know these people would love a copy on vinyl.............

i aint no fuckin eletist either as these are prob the most expensive records i own, i aint in the mega expensive indie / raer / random club thats for sure, infact im the total opposite and love to find the bargains,

so the eletist high horse patter from some can go.

just wish yous could see that there are some people who have also been into this as long as yourselfs and are entitled to buy an $80 release if they feel its a dope enough release and is good enough to grace their shelves,
and these releases are clearly dope enough going by your comments on philaflava.

nice 1

Del

step one

Post by step one »

i can see both sides of the argument here. heres some thoughts:

- Back in the mid-90s, I dont remember many people being this hyped up about McGruff. He's a decent MC but sounds better nhow than he did back then, because the standard of MCing has slipped considerably.
If you consider some of the top MCs back in 95 were Rae, Meth, Biggie & Prodigy you can see why he wasnt up there with the big boys.
- If all this Kurious, Finesse and McGruff stuff wasnt considered good enough to be release back then, I really dont want to pay $80 for it now. Even that Biggie and Sadat track isnt really fucking with anything on Ready To Die IMO.
- American Dream by COC was my shit back in 96. If anyone has the version with a different Big L verse to the one that came out on vinyl can they hook me up?!
- If you only press 200 of something you typically have to charge more to cover the cost. The main expense with pressing vinyl is the mastering . The cost of pressing decreases the more you press.
- The sort of people paying $80 for this this EP probably hate Dipset which was the last crew I heard McGruff record with.
- Them Glasgae lads would give the hardest block-huggers in the states a good run for their money, trust me.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

step one wrote:i can see both sides of the argument here. heres some thoughts:

- Back in the mid-90s, I dont remember many people being this hyped up about McGruff. He's a decent MC but sounds better nhow than he did back then, because the standard of MCing has slipped considerably.
If you consider some of the top MCs back in 95 were Rae, Meth, Biggie & Prodigy you can see why he wasnt up there with the big boys.
- If all this Kurious, Finesse and McGruff stuff wasnt considered good enough to be release back then, I really dont want to pay $80 for it now. Even that Biggie and Sadat track isnt really fucking with anything on Ready To Die IMO.
- American Dream by COC was my shit back in 96. If anyone has the version with a different Big L verse to the one that came out on vinyl can they hook me up?!
- If you only press 200 of something you typically have to charge more to cover the cost. The main expense with pressing vinyl is the mastering . The cost of pressing decreases the more you press.
- The sort of people paying $80 for this this EP probably hate Dipset which was the last crew I heard McGruff record with.
- Them Glasgae lads would give the hardest block-huggers in the states a good run for their money, trust me.
i'm not about to engage in game of post tag to entertain some euro fag (not you, you know who), so i'm done posting in here about this release.

the only reason i'm even posting is to see if this is the version of "American Dream" that you're looking for...

C.O.C. - American Dream (Alternate Version)

Code: Select all

http://www.zshare.net/audio/133333779e0e9771/

if that ain't it then, let me know

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

[img][img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/ ... ure311.jpg[/img]

dopeness

nice 1

Del[/img]

step one

Post by step one »

the only reason i'm even posting is to see if this is the version of "American Dream" that you're looking for...

Code:
thats the one - much appreciated!

I had it on DJ S&S tape (N!gg@z Dont Give A F**k I think) and that was the only time I ever heard it.

There was also another tune that I think was McGruff with Mase that sampled 'Strawberry Letter 23' and had a chorus like 'heres how we do in Harlem World'- anyone holding that?

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

damn.. what a discussion :lol:

thanks for the ones that buyed this EP and uploaded it..
i dont have money for that, i rather put my money in hardware so i can create my own bangers..

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

step one wrote:

Code:
thats the one - much appreciated!

I had it on DJ S&S tape (N!gg@z Dont Give A F**k I think) and that was the only time I ever heard it.

There was also another tune that I think was McGruff with Mase that sampled 'Strawberry Letter 23' and had a chorus like 'heres how we do in Harlem World'- anyone holding that?
i got you once again...

Herb Mcgruff - Harlem World (Feat Mase)

Code: Select all

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1335997169f7587d/

step one

Post by step one »

thanks! were these promo only joints from his deal with Uptown?

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

step one wrote:thanks! were these promo only joints from his deal with Uptown?
this cut was a white label joint. i'm pretty sure this was just put out by mcgruff himself and he got mase on it due to their prior relationship thru C.O.C.

as for the other version of American Dream, i have no idea since every vinyl rip i've come across features the other version that everyone has.