BBO (Off set of Children of the Corn) Some dope tracks

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Magneto

BBO (Off set of Children of the Corn) Some dope tracks

Post by Magneto »

Beat of the day
http://www.zshare.net/audio/81866771f623d5/

B.B.O. - Get Rude
http://www.zshare.net/audio/818683676f4ee2/

B.B.O. - Pose A Threat
http://www.zshare.net/audio/81870057ac94ab

B.B.O. - So Hot
http://www.zshare.net/audio/8186751ff2f81f/

B.B.O. - Dayz Like This
http://www.zshare.net/audio/8186918e28b0fe/

It was Mase and Cam'ron's group, a bunch of guys that used to rhyme with them during the COC era. Dope shit. Especially Pose A Threat.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

thanks for jacking my links nikka...nah just fuckin with you.

yo soopa where that BBO demo at?

informer

Post by informer »

yea i got the get rude/ dayz like this/ pose a threat vls

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

where there other 12" from BBO ? i only have the well known pose a threat 12" in my crates

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

props, i had get rude, mase murked that

is BBO the same as Caged Fury (blood, cam, digga) + some other dudes? first i ever heard of them

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Can someone reup So Hot for me?
serch4beatz wrote:where there other 12" from BBO?
You mean Beat of the Day? Yeah Iג€™m lookinג€™ for that radio edit and instrumental as well.
Dragondude R wrote:is BBO the same as Caged Fury (blood, cam, digga)? first i ever heard of them
Short answer: no. Long answer: noooooooo. Alright, but really, Children of the Corn, or Corner was named by Big L and it was essentially Mase and Lג€™s group (though L would come through after tracks were done a lot of the time and just add his verse or whatever) but at the core of that and what had started first, was Caged Fury, which was Digga, Kam and Bloodshed, Camג€™Ronג€™s now deceased cousin (due to a car wreck if you didnג€™t know). So Digga has been trying to drop Caged Fury material for a minute but ג€œnobody will put it outג€. He said when he finds a label that will release it, itג€™ll come out. One of the first times anyone heard Mase (or Kam) was on Stretch & Bobbitoג€™s show back in December of ג€™93. So around then was basically the start of Children of the Corn.

BBO on the other hand, actually has material out, as you can see and is mostly Maseג€™s group (though of course he left for stardom and then they gave him props, floundered and disappeared around ג€˜99). However, very little is known (at least from my searches online) about BBO, sometimes known as BBO Enterprises, BBO Crew or BBO Niggas (or Niggaz) (on certain bootlegs). Big L gave them a couple shout outs, both back in the ג€™93/ג€™94 era:

ג€œג€¦peace to Mase Murder and the B.B.O. crew, the Best Out crew, the M&M crew and all the other crews thatג€™s representinג€™ in Harlem, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™? And last but not least, I gotta say peace to the hundred thirty ninth street N.F.L. crew, my crew, word up.ג€ - 8 Iz Enuff (album version).

"Ay I gotta say peace to the N.F.L. crew, the B.B.O. crew, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™, gotta say peace to Big Twan, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™, his man Terra, the whole eastside assassins man, everybody." - '93 Stretch & Bobbito (interview).

Mase mentions them along with the NFL (Niggaz For Life) crew at the end of '93's Drug Wars.

And he had a freestyle called Get Rude in ג€™93 and the interesting thing is there is a verse from Pose a Threat in the ג€™94 Stretch & Bobbito Children of the Corn freestyle session, so there is some overlap. Get Rude and Pose a Threat were both later recorded on wax by BBO and released in ג€™96.

Hereג€™s the €™96 Children of the Corn freestyle (to Ghostfaceג€™s Motherless Child): http://sharebee.com/ade7e991

And hereג€™s my Get Rude: Extended Edition:

http://sharebee.com/0e258bef

01. Get Rude (Rude Version)
02. Get Rude (Nude Version)
03. Get Rude (Instrumental)
04. Dayz Like This (Original)
05. Dayz Like This (Instrumental)
06. Pose a Threat (Original)
07. ג€™93 Get Rude Freestyle
08. ג€™97 DJ Capone Freestyle
09. Beat of the Day (Throw Ya Hands Up) (125th Street LP Mix)

kimani

Post by kimani »

Thanks TheBigSleep, imparting your Big L knowledge all over the place today
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

im actually confused haha......BBO is 2 dudes right?....and i had no idea Mase had anything to do with them....i thought they were Dj S&S boys
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

wow..I never knew this group was connected to COC.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

can somebody reup so hot?

Verge

Post by Verge »

:ohsh: I always wondered where these cats came from."Days Like This" was definitely an anthem when I was a teen.Real talk on this record.Shit,still hold's weight to me.Nice to know other heads were on this too.Nice quality,too.Thanks.
ps.Somebody else recently used that sample,can't think who right now

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

bbo was 3 dudes. mase and two other guys. i think by the time "beat of the year" came out, mase was on the solo tip

Mase's early shit was really good man, the coc stuff and the bbo stuff. his lyrics were crazy and his flow was better, cause he wasnt doing that lazy shit he does now. he actually had energy in his voice. too bad diddy ruined him

i dont think cam had anything to do with bbo...

i 2nd the reup of 'so hot' i dont have that song

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

Any chance of a proper copy of "Mase - Drug Wars" ?

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i got only one version. its of the some mixtape

True King

Post by True King »

BBO was 4 or 5 niggas not 3

Blinky Blink (Mase brother also of Harlem World)
Napizm
White Bread
Beef Tha Thief
& I think this dude called Futuristic

they had ads in the Source & everything for their debut lp "Across from 115th St" but obviously that never dropped

heres a reup for So Hot
http://www.zshare.net/audio/20606844d88f7963/

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

True King wrote:BBO was 4 or 5 niggas not 3

Blinky Blink (Mase brother also of Harlem World)
Napizm
White Bread
Beef Tha Thief
& I think this dude called Futuristic

they had ads in the Source & everything for their debut lp "Across from 115th St" but obviously that never dropped

heres a reup for So Hot
http://www.zshare.net/audio/20606844d88f7963/
4 or 5? all the joints i've heard is the 2 guys from 'beat of the year' and mase. i probably need to go back and listen. damn i hope that lp eventually comes out, would love to hear some more older mase

props for so hot joint too....

True King

Post by True King »

Pose A Threat has 4 different rappers on it if I remember right, and on the S&S tape i first heard it on, he was shoutin their names out before each verse.. i remember the 3rd verse was Beef and 4th verse was Whitebread ("now heres the darkest side of the almighty white bread...")

and the Source ad had all 4 or 5 members plus the manager Chuck Black pictured with their names under them.. Nap, Blink, Futuristic, Beef & Whitebread. i'm 99% sure if this

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

True King wrote:Pose A Threat has 4 different rappers on it if I remember right, and on the S&S tape i first heard it on, he was shoutin their names out before each verse.. i remember the 3rd verse was Beef and 4th verse was Whitebread ("now heres the darkest side of the almighty white bread...")

and the Source ad had all 4 or 5 members plus the manager Chuck Black pictured with their names under them.. Nap, Blink, Futuristic, Beef & Whitebread. i'm 99% sure if this
can you get a scan of this ad.....i want it for my archives.....i am forreal too.....because i own hundreds of copies of the source, and never seen that ad.......im actually excited to see it haha

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

plus now that you mention it....i actually upped that Dj Capone freestyle in my thread before......and capone does keep yelling Whitebread haha....i just thought he had D.S.

True King

Post by True King »

soopacee wrote:
True King wrote:Pose A Threat has 4 different rappers on it if I remember right, and on the S&S tape i first heard it on, he was shoutin their names out before each verse.. i remember the 3rd verse was Beef and 4th verse was Whitebread ("now heres the darkest side of the almighty white bread...")

can you get a scan of this ad.....i want it for my archives.....i am forreal too.....because i own hundreds of copies of the source, and never seen that ad.......im actually excited to see it haha
nah I threw out all my old Sources years back.. but I remember those BBO ads were always on the last 2 or 3 pages for a while around late 97. those niggas looked like bums for real, straight up sweatpants & Champion hoody, & fat ass Beef The Thief in a 5xl t shirt with the neck all stretched out lol.. just grimy as hell. too bad there ain't more info about em online.

somebody out there's gotta have all those old Sources though.. it was definitely from 97-98 that these ads were poppin up

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

Verge wrote::ohsh: I always wondered where these cats came from."Days Like This" was definitely an anthem when I was a teen.Real talk on this record.Shit,still hold's weight to me.Nice to know other heads were on this too.Nice quality,too.Thanks.
recently? I thought Da Rail Black used the same sample for Thuz 3 Wishz.

bobbitoboy

Post by bobbitoboy »

Props for that children of corn freestyle. Does anyone know what beat is used on the latter half of the session?

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:
Verge wrote::ohsh: I always wondered where these cats came from."Days Like This" was definitely an anthem when I was a teen.Real talk on this record.Shit,still hold's weight to me.Nice to know other heads were on this too.Nice quality,too.Thanks.
sample has been used many times. keith murray used it for "christina" as well. and that one guy who used it for the joint "mind erase". cant remember the artist name right now. song is nice too...

bobbitoboy

Post by bobbitoboy »

thanks, bro. Wasn't sure where I heard it before.

bobbitoboy

Post by bobbitoboy »

Zshare's being a biznatch. Can someone hook me up with a fresh link to
So Hot, please?

Thanks!

Verge

Post by Verge »

somebody cool wrote:
Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:
sample has been used many times. keith murray used it for "christina" as well. and that one guy who used it for the joint "mind erase". cant remember the artist name right now. song is nice too...
Ahh,as I sit here and try to give Diamond D's new album another chance,I realize that's where I recently heard this sample recycled.

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

damn i slept on this thread, the tracks are ill!

Tha Hiatus

Post by Tha Hiatus »

TheBigSleep wrote:Can someone reup So Hot for me?
serch4beatz wrote:where there other 12" from BBO?
You mean Beat of the Day? Yeah Iג€™m lookinג€™ for that radio edit and instrumental as well.
Dragondude R wrote:is BBO the same as Caged Fury (blood, cam, digga)? first i ever heard of them
Short answer: no. Long answer: noooooooo. Alright, but really, Children of the Corn, or Corner was named by Big L and it was essentially Mase and Lג€™s group (though L would come through after tracks were done a lot of the time and just add his verse or whatever) but at the core of that and what had started first, was Caged Fury, which was Digga, Kam and Bloodshed, Camג€™Ronג€™s now deceased cousin (due to a car wreck if you didnג€™t know). So Digga has been trying to drop Caged Fury material for a minute but ג€œnobody will put it outג€. He said when he finds a label that will release it, itג€™ll come out. One of the first times anyone heard Mase (or Kam) was on Stretch & Bobbitoג€™s show back in December of ג€™93. So around then was basically the start of Children of the Corn.

BBO on the other hand, actually has material out, as you can see and is mostly Maseג€™s group (though of course he left for stardom and then they gave him props, floundered and disappeared around ג€˜99). However, very little is known (at least from my searches online) about BBO, sometimes known as BBO Enterprises, BBO Crew or BBO Niggas (or Niggaz) (on certain bootlegs). Big L gave them a couple shout outs, both back in the ג€™93/ג€™94 era:

ג€œג€¦peace to Mase Murder and the B.B.O. crew, the Best Out crew, the M&M crew and all the other crews thatג€™s representinג€™ in Harlem, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™? And last but not least, I gotta say peace to the hundred thirty ninth street N.F.L. crew, my crew, word up.ג€ - 8 Iz Enuff (album version).

"Ay I gotta say peace to the N.F.L. crew, the B.B.O. crew, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™, gotta say peace to Big Twan, you know what Iג€™m sayinג€™, his man Terra, the whole eastside assassins man, everybody." - '93 Stretch & Bobbito (interview).

Mase mentions them along with the NFL (Niggaz For Life) crew at the end of '93's Drug Wars.

And he had a freestyle called Get Rude in ג€™93 and the interesting thing is there is a verse from Pose a Threat in the ג€™94 Stretch & Bobbito Children of the Corn freestyle session, so there is some overlap. Get Rude and Pose a Threat were both later recorded on wax by BBO and released in ג€™96.

Hereג€™s the 96 Children of the Corn freestyle (to Ghostfaceג€™s Motherless Child): http://sharebee.com/ade7e991

And hereג€™s my Get Rude: Extended Edition:

http://sharebee.com/0e258bef

01. Get Rude (Rude Version)
02. Get Rude (Nude Version)
03. Get Rude (Instrumental)
04. Dayz Like This (Original)
05. Dayz Like This (Instrumental)
06. Pose a Threat (Original)
07. ג€™93 Get Rude Freestyle
08. ג€™97 DJ Capone Freestyle
09. Beat of the Day (Throw Ya Hands Up) (125th Street LP Mix)
props, that fuckin dj capone freestyle is :naswtf:

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

which bbo tracks actually featured murder mase?

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

^dayz like this, pose a threat, get rude