Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave" Demo(No Download

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Ed_Catto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Probably double that if I fuck with the Japs like you. That's always double the money, double the fun.
The Japanese support this shit. Try making money at this.
Peace,
Ed
It's not a knock on you, if anything it's props. One of the reasons you don't find that support in the states is because of the availability of hip-hop music. The saturation in the states and of course most importantly the current financial situation.

Japanese have always had this crazy support. Matter of fact I'd bet 90% of the sales are from overseas. Still it's a nice hustle.

godmc

Post by godmc »

honestly though, there's nothing wrong with not supporting a "limited" release that everyone knows is going to sell out almost instantly for an astronomical price anyway. even if i was willing to support, there's a very good chance that i wouldn't get the chance to BECAUSE it's so limited. fuck these cats talkin' about how many gems they've got and presenting it in a way that seems like they're holding them hostage - real good "scare tactic," fellas. seriously - fuck off and purchase an enema. once those limited releases sell out these cats should be thrilled to share with the public. say it's a release of only 200 pieces, these scene crack ok acronym internet geeks have this response: "well, if it's only 200 copies, out goal will be to only let my team members hear it, because i never learned to share as a child - and besides, the others don't deserve it anyway because they work for minimum wage and aren't able to afford it." fuck outta here. i would rather never even have the opportunity to hear all this unreleased shit than to have to read about some brat's philosophy and practice on this shit. but i must digress, to each their own - i'm not going to lose sleep over whether cats share or not - i've got enough shit of my own to last me a lifetime. sure, it would be nice to be able to give some of this rare shit a listen, but if i don't get to because you don't want to (i.e the way these ftd cats act; e.g. "we've got rare gems that we won't share because of philaflava. hahahahaha, suffer. na na nah boo boo.") then i'm not going to be upset. you and your clan do what y'all need to do - that still won't change the fact that you're all a bunch of anal retentive cocksuckers with limp wrists. and it's okay to be like that. as i said before, to each their own.

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

fuck limited releases.......i have the RIGHT to own this just cuz i worked my ass off as a kid to buy tapes....i got so much shit and supported these artists since day one.....now some jack asses wanna make their own money off these releases....fuck that...i will download it for FREE, and we all know it will leak, everything leaks

unless i am hand delivering money to the artist.....fuck limited releases
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Philaflava wrote:I'm not talking about selling Show & AG joints. Those are your folks. I'm just saying I need to find somebody with some gems and put them out.

500 copies @ 100 a pop is $5000.00

Figure 500 pieces of wax to press can't be anymore than $1,000. You make the buyer pay for S&H so you walk away with at least $4,000 profit in a matter of days (due to all the pre sales). Even if you gotta give the artists half $2K for just selling 500 pieces is cake.

Probably double that if I fuck with the Japs like you. That's always double the money, double the fun.

Them maths are all wrong anyway. 500 Double vinyl w/ picture cover for $1000...

Please let me know where you can get them done at that price. I would be interested in some of that.

MC Eiht

Post by MC Eiht »

Philaflava wrote:I'm not talking about selling Show & AG joints. Those are your folks. I'm just saying I need to find somebody with some gems and put them out.

500 copies @ 100 a pop is $5000.00

Figure 500 pieces of wax to press can't be anymore than $1,000. You make the buyer pay for S&H so you walk away with at least $4,000 profit in a matter of days (due to all the pre sales). Even if you gotta give the artists half $2K for just selling 500 pieces is cake.

Probably double that if I fuck with the Japs like you. That's always double the money, double the fun.
did i miss something, doesn't the math add up to $50,000 not 5,000?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

No it is $50K.

Even more reasons why peeps download this shit.

kimani

Post by kimani »

shoot, there have been enough crazy rare dope demos posted in the past week to make 100K. Some remastering, some contacting, some promotion...Philaflava label be rollin' in no time.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

soopacee wrote:fuck limited releases.......i have the RIGHT to own this just cuz i worked my ass off as a kid to buy tapes....i got so much shit and supported these artists since day one.....now some jack asses wanna make their own money off these releases....fuck that...i will download it for FREE, and we all know it will leak, everything leaks

unless i am hand delivering money to the artist.....fuck limited releases
Soopacee, you cool but you don't have the RIGHT to shit if the last time you bought was when you were a kid. Still, I know you did your part to keep this all going.

I still haven't made a dime from this and I don't know when I will. Ask B-Spark, ask Giff, ask Show, ask whoever.

But what I do know is that THIS SHIT WILL DIE IF THE PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO SUPPORT DECIDE TO STOP. Remember that.

Yeah, I know everything will leak, but that isn't really the point to me.

This shit comes first.

Peace,
Ed Catto

kimani

Post by kimani »

People will buy. And well they should. Shit'll be dope, high price tag or not. I'm not worried about that.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

45ReC

Post by 45ReC »

Anyone?

step one

Post by step one »

and the award for the 'Most Repeated, Going Round In Circles TROY Forum Topic' goes to...
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

godmc

Post by godmc »

eh, if it's still available in another month or so, i'll buy it. i already bought that unreleased album jawn from the professors, now i just need to save up for another 2 months.

:owens:

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

godmc wrote:eh, if it's still available in another month or so, i'll buy it. i already bought that unreleased album jawn from the professors, now i just need to save up for another 2 months.

:owens:
Thanks for the support, my man.

Peace,
Ed