Guru & Solar Interview Discussion Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Guru & Solar Interview Discussion Thread

Post by Philaflava »

I made one thread so both Guru and Solar can see all questions asked.

Check out the thread/interview and if you would like to leave comments or ask questions please do so in this thread.

http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110276

thebridgeisover

Post by thebridgeisover »

big big thanks for getting the sade question out there (new album out by her this year I just heard) and the remix was one of my favorite tracks involving guru post 2000 (after the original King of Sorrow and Lover's Rock being such a big hit in its own right). Sade had never had a hip hop artist on any of her official tracks before.

Interesting interview. Curious to hear the new stuff. Im still listening to it, much success to the guys. I hope guru finds what hes seeking.
Last edited by thebridgeisover on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Seasons change, mad things rearrange I guess.

snitchel

Post by snitchel »

thanks for the interview! It's intressting, too bad I can't hear the answer of the last question, if he ever would work with premier again... but thanks man!

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

big respect to you phill for the interview...

great job...

but to me guru now is only big ego.... nothing else.. he is avrege lyricist like group home and jeru , who rap before over dope premier beats , but after that , nothing happens.. only bad albums....

that is just my opinion no hate.

Verge

Post by Verge »

snitchel wrote: too bad I can't hear the answer of the last question, if he ever would work with premier again...
Guru's answer was,"We have a black president..."
I would interpret that as meaning that anything can happen.
I dunno.

45ReC

Post by 45ReC »

This solar cat is comedy. When asked about him filling premier's shoes he said there is no shoes to fill. One guy was loopin samples & the other guy is a complete producer/musician/video director/ceo.

illest

Post by illest »

GURU IS GAY DATS ALL THERE IS TOO IT

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hellriser wrote:big respect to you phill for the interview...

great job...

but to me guru now is only big ego.... nothing else.. he is avrege lyricist like group home and jeru , who rap before over dope premier beats , but after that , nothing happens.. only bad albums....

that is just my opinion no hate.
yeah i can't co-sign any of this. i just asked the questions and let them answer even though at its they ran completely off course, like the time i brought up primo asking if it was a lot of pressure for him to fill his shoes.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Since M2C you have to register to respond, I'm now keeping all of the questions for Guru on the blog. So if you want to leave a comment or ask please do it there.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

hellriser wrote:he is avrege lyricist like group home and jeru , who rap before over dope premier beats
:naswtf: