so is there really gonna be another Artifacts LP?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Echo Leader wrote:
Thun wrote:Why in the fuck would anyone want to hear a new LP from these two? They broke up on a high note. Let it die.
This.

Tame is completely burnt and I don't exactly have high hopes for El Da Sensai holding an Artifacts album together on his own. In fact, I have absolutely no desire to hear any new Artifacts material in 2010. Or ever.

These guys have two near-classic albums under their belt. Let 'em keep doing "reunion" shows like the Rock Steady and Fat Beats jams.
Basically how I feel. I'd still check it based off of curiousity though. At the rate people are naming their albums, I wouldn't be surprised they named it Wrong Side of Da Tracks II..

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Mad Human wrote:
Versive wrote: I just can't understand why you or anyone would expect shitty music from a group that was so good.
Let me give you some examples for guys who were good and now are rubbish :

All Wu Tang members
Snoop - he was pretty good in early 90`s but what about now?
X Zibit
Busta Rhymes
Mobb Deep
Big Noyd

and many more.

Do not think Artifacts will be еxception, if i take the last Tame releases
:lol: Couldn't this be said for nearly any rapper? Most fall off considerably after a few albums or years..
Last edited by vermillion on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

If this does come out, post a scan of the receipt for your purchased copy or it didn't happen. Period.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Versive wrote:Tame has certainly evolved since then and I for one enjoy almost all of his newer stuff.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think Tame is crappy now. He's definitely inconsistent, but I like a lot of his new stuff. I can listen to The Grudge from front to back, the Hell Or High Water EP is cool, the EC album was dope, some of the OJB, Acid Tab Vocab and Paralel Universes albums is cool...

Count me in for a new Artifacts album, even if it is years too late.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

PopsUK wrote:
Versive wrote:Tame has certainly evolved since then and I for one enjoy almost all of his newer stuff.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think Tame is crappy now. He's definitely inconsistent, but I like a lot of his new stuff. I can listen to The Grudge from front to back, the Hell Or High Water EP is cool, the EC album was dope, some of the OJB, Acid Tab Vocab and Paralel Universes albums is cool...

Come on, man...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

tame is not the problem here, i like a lot of his solo stuff

but when was the last time anybody gave a shit about el? most of his solo work is stupefyingly boring

plus there's the issue of them being on the outs for a decade or so, i can't imagine that does good things to a duo's chemistry
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Versive

Post by Versive »

Echo Leader wrote:
PopsUK wrote:

Come on, man...
Yeah, that EP was the sole cause for the 'almost' in my post.
drizzle wrote:tame is not the problem here, i like a lot of his solo stuff

but when was the last time anybody gave a shit about el? most of his solo work is stupefyingly boring

plus there's the issue of them being on the outs for a decade or so, i can't imagine that does good things to a duo's chemistry
Granted, I haven't listened to an El Da Sensei release in like 5+ years, but there's no arguing that he always sounded good alongside Tame, so I don't thnk the hype surrounding a reunion is unwarranted.

kartman

Post by kartman »

el's collabo albums with the returners are dope

ok, the second isn't that dope, but the first is flames imho

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

drizzle wrote: plus there's the issue of them being on the outs for a decade or so, i can't imagine that does good things to a duo's chemistry
Eric and Parrish made it work for 'Back In Business'.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Echo Leader wrote:
PopsUK wrote:

Come on, man...
Haha to each his own, I guess.... weirdly, I'm actually listening to it right now. The first two, and last tracks are all dope to me... and 3 out of 7 kinda sums up what I meant about him being inconsistent.

I'd say that Spazmatic and OG Bobby Johnson are the low points... way worse than this EP.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

kartman wrote:el's collabo albums with the returners are dope

ok, the second isn't that dope, but the first is flames imho
i think the second successes the first, but to each is own. gotta agree that those two el da sensei releases are dope, anybody who didn't check on them should do so

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

the new el the sensei and returners album is dope. el still has dope shit

STAM

Post by STAM »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9njg_niQBjU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9njg_niQBjU?fs=1&hl=pl_PL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last question about new Artifacts LP with Redman on production :megaman: :megaman:

willybuck

Re: so is there really gonna be another Artifacts LP?

Post by willybuck »

Verge wrote:And oh yeah, this artwork is real:(from one of those interviews)
Except they didn't do it.
I doubt that train is actually painted. The piece was most likely laid over an old photograph.

kimani

Post by kimani »

"weaksauce diatribe"

This will not happen and if it were to happen it would suck. You might try to like it the first couple listens, but you would (hopefully) realize the futility of such a project before you hit 5 spins. But if it would bring 'em a buck I'm all for it, I'm just not gonna support.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

MosesJonesJr

Post by MosesJonesJr »

8ks wrote:if they wanna make music, just let them make music, and stop the hatin'
Word, I hate people who sit behind there computer and criticize artists for wanting to create music

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

vaporized2 wrote:
Thun wrote:The Artifacts sound and style was very much a product of the era in which it was made. It doesn't transcend at all. Leave it in '95.
yes how dare they even consider making a new album. I mean the nerve.

lately you seem to come in every thread just to shut it down, metaphorically or literally. it's quite amusing though...
Yep.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

MosesJonesJr wrote:
8ks wrote:if they wanna make music, just let them make music, and stop the hatin'
Word, I hate people who sit behind there computer and criticize artists for wanting to create music
:cheers:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Teddy C.D. wrote:
vaporized2 wrote:
Thun wrote:The Artifacts sound and style was very much a product of the era in which it was made. It doesn't transcend at all. Leave it in '95.

lately you seem to come in every thread just to shut it down, metaphorically or literally. it's quite amusing though...
Yep.
You're too emotional.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Thun wrote:
Teddy C.D. wrote:
vaporized2 wrote:

Yep.
You're too emotional.
:lol:

grass

Post by grass »

Artifacts were supposed to do a reunionshow for Fat Beats closing last week. Only El showed up, guess a new album is too much to hope for.
Fuck that Serato MP3 shit! Keep it dusty!!!

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Artifacts @ Fat Beats LA.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Dope pic, ThomasV, thanks. :cheers:

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Verge wrote:Dope pic, ThomasV, thanks. :cheers:
^What Verge said. And, $1 bin? Damn.....

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Verge wrote:Dope pic, ThomasV, thanks. :cheers:
No problem! It's actually from my footage I recorded. I had a problem with my camcorder right before leaving(it crashed) so I charged it as much as I could. When I got to Fat Beats I thought that I had enough battery to record their whole performance so I did but right when they perform their last track which happened to be Wrong Side of The Tracks, the battery ran out during Tame's first verse. shit man! it pisses me off! haha. I hope that someone uploads it, it was so ill to see that classic performed live basically in front of me! And if I had charged it 15 minutes more it would of been enough.. but I didn't want to take any risk, it would of been fine but you never know if they would of actually been on time.

forgot to say but my actual camera to take pictures ran out of battery too! damn! :lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

thomasv wrote:right when they perform their last track which happened to be Wrong Side of The Tracks, the battery ran out during Tame's first verse. shit man! it pisses me off! haha.
Aww man, huge FAIL! Lol.. Happens to everyone here or there though, don't worry about it. Like you said, hopefully someone else who was recording will upload it.

IKH5150

Post by IKH5150 »

Nah, wouldnt want to see a new Artifacts....but I wouldnt mind seeing a Brick City Kids reunion...now those guys were dope.

Verge

Post by Verge »

http://www.steadybloggin.com/holy-shit- ... acts-song/
<object height="28" width="335"><param value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio_emb ... &autoplay=" name="movie"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed height="28" width="335" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio_emb ... d></object>
http://www.divshare.com/direct/13086726-762.mp3
A little late but peace to Drizzle.
Not sure why the embed isn't working. That seems to happen every once in a while lately.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i can't embed either, weird

here's a direct link to divshare instead

http://www.divshare.com/download/13086726-762
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

uniqueterror

Re: so is there really gonna be another Artifacts LP?

Post by uniqueterror »

Verge wrote:1st we got the both of them performing Artifacts songs together as the Artifacts at the most recent Rocksteady Re-Union jam:

damn this shit was like 20 minutes from where I rest and I missed it...fuuuuuuu..
I know exactly how you feel. I live in East Orange and I work maybe six blocks away from Lincoln Park. I haven't once gone to the Rock Steady Jam and they've been doing it in Newark for a couple of years now. I forget about it every year and read about it on blogs the week after.