Pure Devocion.

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Harco

Pure Devocion.

Post by Harco »

Pure Devocion - When I Roll (1996):

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/153615570/Pure_Devocion_-_When_I_Roll.rar

Pure Devocion - Years of Tears (1998):

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RSK86NNZ

PASS: Glock_45
All credits go to the original uploaders.

Anyone remember these cats from Denver? I was looking for a list of guest artists on their "Years of Tears" album and so far I came up with these (thanks Tom!). I am interested however, on which tracks they feature. I know Aset 1 features on the track "Where You At?".
What's up, Tom?

I have some questions regarding Pure Devocion's Years of Tears. For one, it has a woman on the cover. Is this Amber Romero, who also did a bunch of choruses on both When I Roll and Years of Tears? Does this also mean she was an official member of Pure Devocion in '98? On Kid Gee's Myspace, in his bio, it says D-Boss left the group in '99/'99. Does this mean he wasn't a part of Pure Devocion during Years of Tears? Can he even be heard on the album? Then who's the third person on the cover? Scratch G?

Last thing I'd like to know is, who are the guest featurings on the album? Does it say anything about all of this at all in the booklet?

Greetings from Holland,
Harco.
hi harco, a lot of questions but i'll try to clear something up for u. first yes its amber romero on the front cover and she was a member of the group since ''when i roll''. its right that d-boss has left pure devocion in 1998 and you cant hear him on ''years of tears''. the third person on the cover is scratch-g. some feature artists on ''years of tears'' are d-smooth, loc, aset 1, d-sharp and some others.....peace.....
Anyone know if Amber Romero has always been a member of Pure Devocion? Since she's not feaured on the cover of their first EP. And what about Scratch G? Was he ever an official member?

And I found this also, but obviously I have no idea what it says. Tried to free translate it a bit, but it didn't make much sense afterwards either. Dude mentions a few artists Tom from Justanothacollector didn't mention.
feat: D-Smooth, Dogg, Money Man, D-Sharp, Ajet 1, L.O.C.
Dae Dai, Lazy Boy, LJ, etc...
Producer: Scratch G, King Gee, Spyde loco, Kidd Fresh, D-Sharp,

コロラド州はデンバーを拠点に活動する男2女1のチカーノ・ユニットPure Devocionのアルバム、ジャケからして想像できると思いますが内容の方も13チカーノとは違い悲しさ溢れる哀愁たっぷりの内容となっています。オススメ曲はモノ悲しさを感じる疾走メロディーにAmber嬢が歌で華を添える絶品曲『Your The One』、ストリートの哀愁漂うやるせないトラックにAmber嬢が鬼気迫るお歌を披露する『Breakin' The Chain』、賛美歌のようなメロディーとAmber嬢の哀愁たっぷりのお歌に胸を締めつけられる『Chance』、など駄曲なしで涙なしでは聴けない鬼凄皿となっています。

Harco

Post by Harco »

Managed to hook up with one of the dudes that was involved in the making of this record. Dude didn't suspect they could reach out all the way to Holland, haha.

It might still miss a couple of featurings, but it's pretty damn accurate. For anyone that is interested:

01. Intro
02. I Would Do Anything [Featuring D-Smooth and Dogg (Luciano)]
03. Your the One [Featuring Amber Romero]
04. Let It Be Known [Featuring Aset 1, D-Sharp and Rito]
05. Boulevard Mobsta [Featuring Dae Dai and L.O.C.]
06. Where You At? [Featuring Aset 1 and Lazy Boy]
07. Breakin' the Chains [Featuring Amber Romero]
08. Sugar Bear [Featuring D-Sharp]
09. Years of Tears [Featuring Amber Romero and Dogg (Luciano)]
10. Chance [Featuring Amber Romero]
11. Forever and a Day [Featuring Amber Romero]
12. Freestyle [Outro]