Celph Titled / Buckwild album with unreleased 94/94 beats

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Blanco

Celph Titled / Buckwild album with unreleased 94/94 beats

Post by Blanco »

www.musiclounge-bw.de

That will probably be released by No Sleep Recordings - at least DL spoke some time ago about the album with unreleased vintage Buckwild beats from 94/95 with new emcees spittin. And Celph Titled is listed on the No Sleep's roaster.

I'm glad No Sleep is still active based on that - release date is no sooner than May/June 2010 though.... so hopefully they will still release those Pudgee, Shorty Long and others before that!

I can't say that this Celph/Buck isn't crazy though - besides those vintage unheard 94/95 beats by Buckwild they have guest emcees such as O.C., A.G., Diamond, Treach, Sadat X, Grand Puba + Demigodz

kotep

Post by kotep »

sounds dope

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah I like the sound of this, thanks for the info.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

wow...gonna be illl...

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:epic:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Echo Leader wrote::epic:
with a twist of :bork:

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: Celph Titled / Buckwild album with unreleased 94/94 beat

Post by Jaz »

Blanco wrote:www.musiclounge-bw.de

That will probably be released by No Sleep Recordings - at least DL spoke some time ago about the album with unreleased vintage Buckwild beats from 94/95 with new emcees spittin. And Celph Titled is listed on the No Sleep's roaster.

I'm glad No Sleep is still active based on that - release date is no sooner than May/June 2010 though.... so hopefully they will still release those Pudgee, Shorty Long and others before that!

I can't say that this Celph/Buck isn't crazy though - besides those vintage unheard 94/95 beats by Buckwild they have guest emcees such as O.C., A.G., Diamond, Treach, Sadat X, Grand Puba + Demigodz
Thanks for the info, sounds interesting.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Thun wrote:
:lol:

Nah, no "Ultra Potted Shoguunz" on here.

I know the name, Celph Titled, but can't really place 'em.
Mid 90's Buckwild beats with those guests doesn't sound bad at all, though.

I wish they would've went with the Nick Wiz Volume 2, so I can knock a
request off my list already, though.
Eventually they will, I hope.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah I think they will, otherwise why name the first Volume One?

You'd know Celph Titled if you heard him probably. He's a white guy with a distinctive voice and is a member of the groups Army of the Pharaohs, Boss Hog Barbarians and The Demigodz: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Celph+Titled

But yeah, I was more referring to Brand Nubian, Diamond D, Treach and O.C. & A.G. over mid-nineties Buckwild beats. I suppose that is a little :bork: ish overall.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Verge wrote:
Thun wrote:
:lol:

Nah, no "Ultra Potted Shoguunz" on here.

I know the name, Celph Titled, but can't really place 'em.
Mid 90's Buckwild beats with those guests doesn't sound bad at all, though.

I wish they would've went with the Nick Wiz Volume 2, so I can knock a
request off my list already, though.
Eventually they will, I hope.
Celph Titled is one of the the coke-head leaders of the ultimate coke-head stuck-in-1999 battle rap crew, The Demigodz.

He raps about shit like toting guns and using grenade pins for baby pacifiers despite making a song with Equilibrium using an extended computer metaphor. It's truly one of the geekiest raps I've ever heard.

Three years later he was rolling with Apathy and rapping about smacking bitches and running through banana clips.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

TheBigSleep wrote: You'd know Celph Titled if you heard him probably. He's a white guy with a distinctive voice and is a member of the groups Army of the Pharaohs, Boss Hog Barbarians and The Demigodz: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Celph+Titled
"The motherfucking Rubix Cuban."

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

That No Sleep involvement is only my guess though... mostly based on previous information about their future plans etc
I am personaly a bit worried about No Sleep, because year ago he mentioned about 5-7 projects to be released in 2009 and we've only got that Beatnuts which is actually the only one I didn't buy...
I'm afraid that Nick Wiz Vol.2 wasn't part of those 5-6 albums they were planning to put out, so not sure about that Vol.2 - it was more like a let's see what future brings with that one...
It really sucks because in December 2008 they seemed pretty excited about things - yes the Godfather Don and especialy Kwest Tha Madd Ladd numbers weren't what they were expecting, but it was still on and pleanty of releases were supposed to be waiting to come out, but basically we've got nothin...
I'm sure - in the perfect world people still buying CDs we would have seen beautiful releases by them - DL has mad shit and unreleased albums/projects, but it seems it ain't financially worth anymore to put them out these days - I hope I'm wrong

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Echo Leader wrote:The motherfucking Rubix Cuban.
Oh yeah, how could I forget? Well with that voice, the way he acts and the people he runs with he might as well be a white guy.
Blanco wrote:That No Sleep involvement is only my guess though... mostly based on previous information about their future plans.
I figured as much but it's still good to know, thanks.
Blanco wrote:I'm afraid that Nick Wiz Vol. II wasn't part of those five or six albums they were planning to put out, so not sure about that Vol. II, it was more like a let's see what future brings with that one...
That's basically what I had assumed. Volume one drops and then the second one shows up sometime in the unnamed future. (A lot of the time these follow ups don't drop 'til years later.)
Blanco wrote:DL has mad shit and unreleased albums / projects, but it seems it ain't financially worth anymore to put them out these days, I hope I'm wrong.
Hope you are too.

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Didn't they say they were going to release some Mr. Live shit? I was really looking forward to that.

The Beatnuts release was pretty bad. I didn't cop that one.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Odnet wrote:Didn't they say they were going to release some Mr. Live shit? I was really looking forward to that.
I didn't know about that.
But speaking of that, I requested this joint by him a few times and
nobody seems to have heard of this.
It was a Mr.Live joint that looped the first 6-7 seconds of this Bohannon cut:
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Onr3a8uGQ8Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Onr3a8uGQ8Y&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
Right up to where the horns start.
It was played on Bobbito in maybe 97-98.
All I remember is him mentioning the basketball player 'Arvydis Sibonis",
in one of his rhymes.

Anybody?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Oh, I just read that two year old myspace blog on their page.
So, the Mr.Live was supposed to be a Mr.Live/Tony Bones project.
Now I'm pissed. Tony Bones has enough for his own album, I would think.
Damn, I don't see why they've been so inactive this year.
I copped all their CD's, except for the mix ones.
And I don't buy CDs much, so I don't think sales would be their problem,
but maybe I'm wrong.
Sure, music sales are down all over, but this is a niche market.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

I've had a chance to speak with James "DL" few times over the phone - I don't even know his number and I'm not his real life friend, but we had some things going on and we spoke couple of times.
So everytime we spoke - he called me and now when I want some information, no way I can get in touch with him, ha-haaa

But seriously - year ago we had a long conversation about his past, present and future and I was really surprised when he told me that he has house full of Godfather Don CDs...... not to mention copies of that Kwest CD which was a much less hit....

Despite all this he told me that he has big plans and 2009 looked mad promising. I've shared that "fact" over here as well few times and I always thought 5-7 CDs seem to be unreal, but the end result is close to nothin. I gotta say though that he always released those projects out of the blue - smth can pop up on his MySpace anyday for all we know, but it has been too quiet for far too long...

One thing he told me was the fact that japs are the ones who make him possible to keep on doing it - the most sales he got was from Japan!
And I've heard that the good times are over over there as well, so maybe that's the reason, but it sucks big time no matter where to look at it...
I've also bought everything they put out despite those mixcds and Beatnuts and I even bought doubles of few of them (2 copies of Kwest are bought by me - so I'm probably his biggest supporter, ha-haa), but it seems to be not enough...
It would be nice to know how many actual copies No Sleep sold to Philaflava board members ?
I'm sure that it could have been more...

Just send them/him (NoSleep/DL) some MySpace messages etc - showing support, asking what's up. I know he won't reply to those, but at least they'll see that people are waiting and caring - maybe that will make him to make some moves. Also I'm pretty sure most people don't bother, but still...
Damn, I would really like to get few new projects by No Sleep - they always made nice early xmas treats for the heads - always put smth out in Nov/Dec...

Nav

Post by Nav »

So, release date ?
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Celph Titled is fucking horrible and this is going to be a waste.

Eyedea

Post by Eyedea »

Odnet wrote:Celph Titled is fucking horrible and this is going to be a waste.
:larry:

aleph

Post by aleph »

No, I'm afraid it's true, Celph Titled is one of the most boring emcees ever.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Blanco wrote:I was really surprised when he told me that he has house full of Godfather Don CDs....
Apparently, according to DL, this is an urban myth. He does have some Don CDs left and he didn't sell as many as he should have due to downloaders, but a "house full of Don CDs" he says is ludicrous.

I'm not saying that he didn't tell you that, though, not doubting you. Just relaying a message to straighten things out.

Nav

Post by Nav »

I just want to see R.A. rip the guest spot.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Hey Verge, you've been in contact with DL ?
At this point it would be must to get some updates of what he's up to!
Besides those vinyls and Celph/Buck - did he mention those other ones ?
Nick Wiz, Pudgee, Shorty Long, Funky Technician Remix etc

I mean, to get it straight - maybe that "house full of Don CDs" wasn't his exact words, but I remember he said he had lots and lots of those left... Of course it was about 2 years ago, so by now there's probably less left.
I'm glad if his actual situation is better than it seemed.
At least I would love to think like that, but in this case where are all those follow ups ?
Back then he said to me (his actual words) - that in 2009 we will get 5-7 different CD projects - what happened ?
Of course I don't expect to get the answers to all that....

I wouldn't mind buying that Celph Titled album - he's not bad and that first digi12" is nice enough!

Verge

Post by Verge »

Blanco wrote:Hey Verge, you've been in contact with DL ?
At this point it would be must to get some updates of what he's up to!
Besides those vinyls and Celph/Buck - did he mention those other ones ?
Nick Wiz, Pudgee, Shorty Long, Funky Technician Remix etc

I mean, to get it straight - maybe that "house full of Don CDs" wasn't his exact words, but I remember he said he had lots and lots of those left... Of course it was about 2 years ago, so by now there's probably less left.
I'm glad if his actual situation is better than it seemed.
At least I would love to think like that, but in this case where are all those follow ups ?
Back then he said to me (his actual words) - that in 2009 we will get 5-7 different CD projects - what happened ?
Of course I don't expect to get the answers to all that....

I wouldn't mind buying that Celph Titled album - he's not bad and that first digi12" is nice enough!
Yeah man. Don't expect answers. As far as its looking now, no definite releases are scheduled at all. Apparently from rampant downloading and not enough support, they don't feel it's worth the work. Sad, really.
I don't correspond with DL, we just had a couple of email convos, so what
I say now is pure speculation. After how quickly he sold out of those last GFD Selections EPs, and all the people asking about another Nick Wiz project, I'm gonna really hope on a Nick Wiz EP, probably limited next time around.
It seems the only profitable way for indie labels like that to make some dough nowadays.
Its sad cause they did try to make it cheap to everyone with the CDs, but most people still wouldn't cop and only downloaded.
I'm just hoping with the success of that GFD EP that we get more unreleased gems, and soon.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Oh I just got a GFD Selections EP update in the emailz.
It says that the next project is already being situated and announcements will be made soon.
:cheers:

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

I'm afraid that this announcement is probably about that Celph Titled album... Don't mind at all, just that we basically know about that already - we need smth new, ha-haa
I'm afraid that it may turn out to be the truth what you speculated earlier... I really hope not though - I understand the situation but can't help to be selfish at the same time.
So he actually wrote you that "no definite releases are scheduled" or was that more of your own words/speculation ?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Blanco wrote: So he actually wrote you that "no definite releases are scheduled" or was that more of your own words/speculation ?
My own words I guess, but he did state before the Don EP that nothing else was on deck as of then. But I guess with selling out so quick inspired him to get back on again, hopefully.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

illest

Post by illest »

DL was my nigga back in the mid 90s.
son has unreleased Adagio joints and plenty of that natural elements shit from the mid 90s like essence and l swift albums