All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Freezy Pazzy

Re: All New Limited/Re-Issued Releases (post them here)

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

WiCkEd22 wrote:how is anyone else gonna be into Hiphop and not own vinyl?
You can be into expensive cars while not necessarily owning a Porsche or a Ferrari. Music is made to be heard, fuck the format. And I can tell you that there are a few customers out there, including me, who would be glad to buy some good Wav files straight from the Masters on Bandcamp instead of having to download shitty vinyl rips on blogs. That's instant money in their pockets, I just don't understand how these small labels think sometimes. As far as strategy goes, it's just plain stupid, I'm sorry.

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
I just don't understand how these small labels think sometimes

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Instead of quoting me, please expand. Would be really interesting to get your point of view on this. I'm sure you have plenty of things to say.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:Instead of quoting me, please expand. Would be really interesting to get your point of view on this. I'm sure you have plenty of things to say.
Co-signed

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Variation Music just released two 12"s from Dysfunkshunal Familee, with a discount for those who cop both releases early... I like that the label are shipping the records already: http://www.variationmusic.bigcartel.com/

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Debonair_P wrote:Variation Music just released two 12"s from Dysfunkshunal Familee, with a discount for those who cop both releases early... I like that the label are shipping the records already: www.variationmusic.bigcartel.com
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the bundle to get both records.

Can't wait for a new Chopped Herring though... we need the new Meyhem Lauren on wax along with Action Bronson's "Blue Chips" and that new Pro Era crew album mixtape.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

^ I believe the next Chopped Herring will be more archived material - from '94 this time. Should be dropping shortly!

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

New from Six2Six: Annexx Click 'The Blue Tape' LP - orders open now, ships in early February:

http://six2sixrecords.bandcamp.com/albu ... ue-tape-lp

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

The good people at Six2Six must be reading this topic lol. Props to them for including a digital version at a very fair price.

Verge

Post by Verge »

word, they usually include the digitals when you cop the record and make them available to buy if you don't buy vinyl. I dig that because i want better than a vinyl rip for my car sometimes.
I'm not understanding why they're putting this record out without the unreleased stuff though. I mean, I don't know, I'm no label dude, but i would drop the unreleased LP and immediately follow it up with the re-issued tracks for a little cheaper or as part of a bundle or something interesting.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Yup, even for CD's releases like the latest Constant Deviants album, they gave away the mp3's for free (And it was pretty cool because the digital version has a bonus remix which is not included on the CD).

Verge

Post by Verge »

Da Minds Of Sol gonna get shipped monday... along with the 1994 unreleased album that will be announced Thursday!

I'm gonna take a guess or two.. Major Stress, Last Emperor(i don't think, but hopefully one day), Kamakazee, Half A Mill (i so wish), B One, Bee Why.
If i struck out on all those guesses, cool, that's even more archives we'll hopefully see one day.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Debonair_P wrote:Variation Music just released two 12"s from Dysfunkshunal Familee, with a discount for those who cop both releases early... I like that the label are shipping the records already: http://www.variationmusic.bigcartel.com/

Ordered this wed. Evening and got it today. Wow

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I'm gonna take a guess or two..Kamakazee, Half A Mill (i so wish), B One,.
If i struck out on all those guesses, cool, that's even more archives we'll hopefully see one day.
That would be ill...1994 could be Kamakaze...but don't worry one day i ll be in New York...Chestnut Ridge...@ Marlon House - yellow tape room...Tried to msg DJ Scratch at least for the Mill demo tape - no reply...somebody got a connect to DJ Mayhem...maybe try via DJ Eclipse?

Major Stress, Last Emp (The Legend Of Big Foot) and Bee Why are at least available in MP3. The Bee Why was even on ughh but got pulled...

Verge

Post by Verge »

Stieflkater wrote:
I'm gonna take a guess or two..Kamakazee, Half A Mill (i so wish), B One,.
That would be ill...1994 could be Kamakaze...but don't worry one day i ll be in New York...Chestnut Ridge...@ Marlon House - yellow tape room...Tried to msg DJ Scratch at least for the Mill demo tape - no reply...somebody got a connect to DJ Mayhem...maybe try via DJ Eclipse?

Major Stress, Last Emp (The Legend Of Big Foot) and Bee Why are at least available in MP3. The Bee Why was even on ughh but got pulled...
A couple of years ago i actually did get at Eclipse and then to Riz and then got Mayhem's email but never got any replies. I've messaged Scratch so many times throughout the last few years, never a reply. When i put one of the demos(i think Keep It Hot) on youtube with a questionmark on whether he produced, he answered to say he did the beat, but that's all i got out of him. It's my personal top grail of all time with no close competition. I would lose my shit if it ever surfaced in high quality. Completely lose my shit.

I would even buy a compilation LP of his WNYU freestyles if they were high quality straight from the station/show's tapes. Legendary stuff.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Dopefolks joints shipped today. the Lastrawze part 2 and the Plush Brothers ep.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Verge wrote:Da Minds Of Sol gonna get shipped monday... along with the 1994 unreleased album that will be announced Thursday!

I'm gonna take a guess or two.. Major Stress, Last Emperor(i don't think, but hopefully one day), Kamakazee, Half A Mill (i so wish), B One, Bee Why.
That Major Stress album would be crazy dope, though I think that was from 96 or so? I'd like to see the Mental Castaways album get a proper release...

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

The Major Stress album is from 1997, that's what the booklet says. It is out on CD even though only promo copies exist:

http://www.discogs.com/Major-Stress-Aga ... se/1729685

So I doubt it will be Major Stress...

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Last edited by Stieflkater on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Stieflkater wrote:OH SCHITTT PROCELEBGOLF! - DOPE - hopefully you can drop the album too...thx

Could have included the 4 94 tracks too but I ain't mad...
Why should the other 4 tracks from '94 be included when those were already released on their own 12" EP back in '94? C'mon, son. If you don't have that 12" EP, then go buy it. Seems pretty simple to me. *shrugs*

I'm personally not really a fan of reissuing shit cuz I'd rather labels like Chopped Herring stick to givin us shit that's UNRELEASED! I mean, its one thing if you're now releasing an Explicit Version of a song cuz maybe the original 12" was only the Clean Version, but still. I say if you want those songs then go buy the original 12".

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Like i said, New Bit and How I Feel sound like they'll be the winners for me but they all sound good.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

^^ It's not listed on Discogs, but there's also a Japanese bootleg of the 'Makin' Moves' EP. Can't beat a copy of the OG but for the $5 I paid I'm not mad at it.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Debonair_P wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Does anyone know what's goin on with the Good Felons label? They haven't updated their site since September and I still haven't gotten my Kev-E-Kev "Welcome To Dopeland EP" and you still can't order that Roc Marciano "Boss Material" 12-inch... it's not even listed in their online store. Dude hasn't replied to emails either. Anyone know what the fucks up???
Hey Wicked, I believe Sean at the label is having some health issues and his partner John is trying to take care of things in his absence... I think the Kev-E-Kev is currently slated to drop in December after a few delays - John's email is: john [at] goodfelons [dot] com
Health issues??? Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up though.
Any word on this yet??? Even that John dude has NOT returned my e-mails.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Should have left you in the dark with your antics but fuck it...
Also a little reminder on the Kev-E-Kev and Ak-B release. Shipping expected mid January 2013.

More Gravy Please

Post by More Gravy Please »

Verge wrote:Image
Dopefolks joints shipped today. the Lastrawze part 2 and the Plush Brothers ep.
Received my Lastrawze pt 2 today :lol:

It's criminal that When The Smoke Clears is not more widely known. Rugged independent 90s Hip Hop at it's finest IMO.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Here's what Chopped Herring Records had to say on Twitter just now...
Pro CelebrityGolf‏ @ChoppedHerring

4 records at the plant + 5 sets of masters ready for pre-mastering = very busy beginnin of 2013 for @ChoppedHerring

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

I just put out an extra-limited vinyl release on clear wax featuring Queens MC LEX. Only 100 copies pressed! Featuring 10 tracks all produced/mixed by me...

https://soundcloud.com/debonair-p/debonair-p-and-lex-hennessy

I actually have a few copies shipping from the US this weekend (courtesy of the homie Verge) to save international folks on the postage. You can cop it for $20 here: http://hennessyand76th.bigcartel.com

Thanks! :cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Their Rah Rah Sampler Volume 2 has a few amazing beats on it, i love the Black Moon remix.

Of course the Debonair record's dope, becoming one of my favorite current producers.