A Drug Called Quest

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

A Drug Called Quest

Post by Philaflava »

something I did on my new blog

http://jasonlovesfood.wordpress.com/201 ... led-quest/

Curious to if you all feel similar.

There are certain songs that just do it for you. It doesn’t matter how old or new the song might be. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve listened to it, the moment that song comes on you are on a musical high. Well for me, A Tribe Called Quest is my Pfizer.

There is no group in the history of music that has given me more highs than Tip, Ali and Phife Dawg. Their catalog is incomparable to most. Their longevity, despite not really being a cohesive group for long time now, is still pretty remarkable.

ATCQ is also one of few groups to produce at 3 consecutive classic albums too.

They not only created one of the best branches on the Hip-Hop tree, they helped redefine the culture. Influenced a nation and to this day you can still hear their influence in the music. Jazz (We Got) isn’t just an anthem, it is the embodiment of what good music (regardless of genre) is all about. It’s the reason I still dig for records. The reason I still play Low End Theory while doing house chores. It’s the reason I still believe in music after the abundance of shit that spews througout our radios today. And it’s the reason I’m still holding out for that ATCQ reunion show, hopefully sometime in 2018. Pete Rock has a very distinguished body of work, but Jazz might be his best for what its worth and this might be Tribe’s most important track.

So it doesn’t matter if its 1991, 2001, 2011 or 2021, this song will always be just as good if not better and will always give me a high.

Verge

Re: A Drug Called Quest

Post by Verge »

yeah man, top track that l can never get sick of. I'll always stay bumping tracks from them first two albums. Except for the Scenario, that was beaten to death and l could probably only stand to hear it Maybe once a year.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

totally feel ya

beatjunkie299

Post by beatjunkie299 »

Nice read....while on the subject any chance part 1 of the greatest Native Tongue songs can be re-upped?
Part 2 still work but 1 is down.
Thank you in advance
:gyeah:

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

yea low end theory is a classic. my favorite album out of the bunch.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

"Jazz" is fantastic in every way. The drums, the horn, the bassline...just flawless. I'm about due for a ATCQ binge. I find that I get the same feeling of euphoria from "Electric Relaxation." The beat just takes me away everytime.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't even have the rar file for part 2. Maybe somebody from the blog still does.

beatjunkie299

Post by beatjunkie299 »

THANK YOU FOR THE RE-UPS!!!

:cheers:

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

The ILLatino wrote:"Jazz" is fantastic in every way. The drums, the horn, the bassline...just flawless. I'm about due for a ATCQ binge. I find that I get the same feeling of euphoria from "Electric Relaxation." The beat just takes me away everytime.

couldnt agree more on jazz...step in the arena is probably the only better put together rap song

its impossible to describe in written form but the backbone of the track...the "sound" that is under the drums and under the bass stabs is so good its almost incomprehensible