All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by Philaflava »

you mean those sergent releases are straight bootlegs?

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

not all of em, but they released some in the past like the hilarious mobb deep demo tape bootleg, where they took the sped up, ripped by hiphopsite.com demo tape cuts and pressed them up for "only" 65€..

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

lol. given who they are releasing this time around, Rampage and Finsta, I would think they know about it and struck a very, very, very, reasonably priced deal with them.

Verge

Post by Verge »

What's the deal with that rampage cover? The og artwork that came with the download was nice, this new one, I don't know man.
This limited shit may have started with love for the music but now it's just a fkn dollar bill rat race.
Shout out to the labels putting in work on every single record giving heads dope shit for the money.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

yeah shit is tainting not only the experience but the quality.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Their YouTube has videos of the artists (well Rampage, Phat Kat, Creature from Triflicts etc anyway) supporting the releases so I guess these ones are legit...

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but some more Bee Why material is finally coming out on wax - via 16F.

Also, the final installment of Omniscence's Raw Factor on Dope Folks also dropped just recently.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Is that really the final volume of Omniscence? I was hoping they would press up the dirty version of "touch yall" and the rest of the released singles

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

^ That's what Dope Folks said, though there are some more demos etc that will come out at some point...

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

Verge wrote:What's the deal with that rampage cover? The og artwork that came with the download was nice, this new one, I don't know man.
This limited shit may have started with love for the music but now it's just a fkn dollar bill rat race.
Shout out to the labels putting in work on every single record giving heads dope shit for the money.
yeah, the rampage cover of the sergent records release sucks, a tiger, that's a joke really...

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Debonair_P wrote:Their YouTube has videos of the artists (well Rampage, Phat Kat, Creature from Triflicts etc anyway) supporting the releases so I guess these ones are legit...

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but some more Bee Why material is finally coming out on wax - via 16F.

Also, the final installment of Omniscence's Raw Factor on Dope Folks also dropped just recently.

I get that a lot of you are pissed at the Sergent Records guy for that Mobb Deep vinyl release, but everything else they've released has been pretty damn dope!! And yes, some of their shit is expensive, but if you order within the first 3 days they always have those combo packs. For the June releases, I got FIVE records for 80 Euros, which included shipping. Pretty damn good considering if you ordered that Triflicts record by itself it was like 60 Euros on its own. I ordered that Rampage album in the special "Summer Pack" so it's totally worth it. As for the cover, who cares??? It's about the music, right?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Yeah to be fair sergent is proving the recent stuff is legit and they are using pic covers and whatnot. Can't be surprised that the mobb stuff left a bad taste in people's mouths.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Verge wrote:Yeah to be fair sergent is proving the recent stuff is legit and they are using pic covers and whatnot. Can't be surprised that the mobb stuff left a bad taste in people's mouths.
Well yeah of course it left a bad taste in people's mouths, but check the catalog and all the recent releases... nothin but SOLID SHIT!! Sergent is killin it right now!! I've really enjoyed the label since the beginning.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

That cant be everything from the Raw Factor recording sessions? 9 tracks plus the previously releases vinyl singles? We need more!

Verge

Post by Verge »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Verge wrote:Yeah to be fair sergent is proving the recent stuff is legit and they are using pic covers and whatnot. Can't be surprised that the mobb stuff left a bad taste in people's mouths.
Well yeah of course it left a bad taste in people's mouths, but check the catalog and all the recent releases... nothin but SOLID SHIT!! Sergent is killin it right now!! I've really enjoyed the label since the beginning.
You don't gotta tell me. As far as I see, compared to other labels, they're making more desirable looking records, since so many people are collectors. I know myself of course it's about the music but I like to have a lot of variety in the crates.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Things lately seem to take a turn for the worst within the "limited" rap game, too many cases of shady / unexplainable situations. Easier to hide among the crowd? I don't know. Places like this forum can serve a good cause against some fuckery though.

It's not just the Mobb Deep thing for Sergent, several cases and overall attitude mostly did it for me (Foul Play above all) and my romantic point of view on Hip-Hop which indicates that traditionally you don't get respect as a player unless you get respect as an individual first. (i know i'm wrong, just let me believe)

(Un)Fortunately i can't afford music that often anymore so it's easier for me to settle for a weak ass mp3 than help someone who's taking advantage of my love/weakness to grow fat pockets. You know who they are.

And Verge, what kind of variety in your crates are you talking about man? All you need is titles and serials to compose a list of what you own, take some pictures and bust everyone's balls. Perceiving sound and visuals as a whole for enhanced experience requires some advanced, multi-tasking brain. Fuck that shit.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Architek wrote:And Verge, what kind of variety in your crates are you talking about man? All you need is titles and serials to compose a list of what you own, take some pictures and bust everyone's balls. Perceiving sound and visuals as a whole for enhanced experience requires some advanced, multi-tasking brain. Fuck that shit.
Hahaaaaa...
:cheers:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Architek wrote:It's not just the Mobb Deep thing for Sergent, several cases and overall attitude mostly did it for me (Foul Play above all) and my romantic point of view on Hip-Hop which indicates that traditionally you don't get respect as a player unless you get respect as an individual first. (i know i'm wrong, just let me believe)

(Un)Fortunately i can't afford music that often anymore so it's easier for me to settle for a weak ass mp3 than help someone who's taking advantage of my love/weakness to grow fat pockets. You know who they are.
So because the owner of Sergent Records might have had an attitude, you stop buying their releases even if it's music you like and would want in your crates? I'm sorry, but that's just straight up stupid. I don't care how nice or mean or whatever the owner is because if he or she is sellin a product that I want then I'm gonna buy it regardless of my personal feelings of the owner. I don't go to or not go to restaurants because of the owner or the workers... I go or not go because of the FOOD!! Know what I'm sayin??? And OK, dude at Sergent may or may not have taken mp3's and turned them into a vinyl release or two (Mobb Deep / Foul Play), but so what? If it's true I think that's pretty wack, but it's my choice if I wanna buy them or not and I chose to buy them. And if that is true, what does that have to do with ALL the other dope releases that are done PROPERLY??? Not a damn thing. I don't know, I think it just seems stupid and petty to be complaining about all this shit. Most of you guys seem to have such hatred towards Sergent Records. Get over it already and just enjoy good Hiphop because Sergent is releasing some pretty damn good Hiphop!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

HE HAS TAKEN MP3s and TURNED EM INTO VINYL RELEASES!

I d never buy the Rampage LP, because dude wanted to be a greedy fuck in the first place.
Triflicts remains the only worthy release.

Some idiot suggested to press up the SNB Demos to me. I d never do that...do it right or don't do it...which goes for everything in life...

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Architek wrote:It's not just the Mobb Deep thing for Sergent, several cases and overall attitude mostly did it for me (Foul Play above all) and my romantic point of view on Hip-Hop which indicates that traditionally you don't get respect as a player unless you get respect as an individual first. (i know i'm wrong, just let me believe)

So because the owner of Sergent Records might have had an attitude, you stop buying their releases even if it's music you like and would want in your crates? I'm sorry, but that's just straight up stupid. I don't care how nice or mean or whatever the owner is because if he or she is sellin a product that I want then I'm gonna buy it regardless of my personal feelings of the owner. I don't go to or not go to restaurants because of the owner or the workers... I go or not go because of the FOOD!! Know what I'm sayin??? And OK, dude at Sergent may or may not have taken mp3's and turned them into a vinyl release or two (Mobb Deep / Foul Play), but so what? If it's true I think that's pretty wack, but it's my choice if I wanna buy them or not and I chose to buy them. And if that is true, what does that have to do with ALL the other dope releases that are done PROPERLY??? Not a damn thing. I don't know, I think it just seems stupid and petty to be complaining about all this shit. Most of you guys seem to have such hatred towards Sergent Records. Get over it already and just enjoy good Hiphop because Sergent is releasing some pretty damn good Hiphop!
Sergen did take those Foul Play MP3s I manage to get hold of and get approval to share online by the artist himself. While I didn't make a financial loss myself, I spent a lot of time and effort getting those tracks to the public, and I'm sure I could have hooked someone up to make proper limited release. Just saying...

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I just remembered a videoskype with Buddha Monk. Dude said that he got unreleased Dirty material, maybe with features etc....
Don't know how much the stuff is connected to RZA. Could be worth a try. Maybe BK Zu stuff. Dude is humble.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Stieflkater wrote:HE HAS TAKEN MP3s and TURNED EM INTO VINYL RELEASES!

I'd never buy the Rampage LP, because dude wanted to be a greedy fuck in the first place.
OK, so he pressed up some mp3's on vinyl. Why is this such a huge deal for you? Just don't buy those fuckin releases then. Seems pretty simple to me. And it seems like he's only done it twice... Foul Play and Mobb Deep. To be honest though, I think plenty of artists have done this cuz there's new releases that I'll pick up when they become available on vinyl and I swear it sounds like the artist simply too the mp3's and pressed'em. I do think that's pretty fuckin lame, but it is what it is. I don't know what else to say. But you and others do seem pretty damn upset about it.

Now what's your issue with the Rampage LP? What does the Sergend dude bein a "greedy fuck" have to do with anything??? If the Rampage LP is dope, and it is, then wouldn't you wanna own it? C'mon, son! smh

bad-cop wrote:Sergent did take those Foul Play MP3s I manage to get hold of and get approval to share online by the artist himself. While I didn't make a financial loss myself, I spent a lot of time and effort getting those tracks to the public, and I'm sure I could have hooked someone up to make proper limited release. Just saying...
OK, so you're mad about this??? I mean, if the ARTIST himself gave the ok, then why would you trip??? I'm just not understanding you guys...

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

madstadik wrote:That cant be everything from the Raw Factor recording sessions? 9 tracks plus the previously releases vinyl singles? We need more!
Well, 'I'm On Mine' and 'Maintain' from the Funky One Liner EP were planned to be on the album too (see this interview: http://wernervonwallenrod.blogspot.com. ... rview.html), so that would have been a 13 song album together with the 2 singles that came out.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Debonair_P wrote:
madstadik wrote:That cant be everything from the Raw Factor recording sessions? 9 tracks plus the previously releases vinyl singles? We need more!
Well, 'I'm On Mine' and 'Maintain' from the Funky One Liner EP were planned to be on the album too (see this interview: http://wernervonwallenrod.blogspot.com. ... rview.html), so that would have been a 13 song album together with the 2 singles that came out.
Nice thats good to know. Still wish we could get a dirty pressing of touch ya'll lol

Architek

Post by Architek »

Every single shit in this world is defined through the multiple relations it develops with other shit within a context. (or sth)

There's a funny thing called consciousness / awareness (or sth). It's considered to be the basic difference between humans and the rest of the animals. Awareness gives you the ability to see the connections between things, to predict the impact of something on something else, thus to foresee possible situations.
This funny thing often leads to some other, even more funny, things: ethics, moral principles etc. Suddenly people do things that in short term seem to be against their self interest / desires.

Here's a totally fictional scenario:
Some record labels make use of questionable tactics to raise some funds. Could be bootlegging, low quality pressings, poor packaging, extra shipping charges etc. Of course the retail price remains high. In the meantime, they take care of any unwanted whisper. Bribe some, threaten some others, have comments or threads deleted here and there. Now, the funds they raised can be used for another round and another. Finally they can get good deals with big names and charge irrationally because they know many people won't be able to resist and will buy anyway. If they do, then it's a vicious circle. They eliminate competition and in the end we go back in 2008, with only 2-3 record labels charging 100$ a pop and underground rap records being a thing for a small circle of rich people. (I won't even comment on the irony of ghetto music being for the rich) And the quality of the products will most likely remain poor because greediness is not to be underestimated.

In conclusion, if you're one of those saying "oh well, i want it so i'll take it anyway, what's you fucking problem?" at least have the brains and the guts to realize and admit what you're potentially doing.

I'm sorry if I bore you, i just cannot believe that we're only like 100 people interested in this particular music market and yet we can't get our shit together and set some things straight. I mean WHAT THE FUCK.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Architek wrote:I just cannot believe that we're only like 100 people interested in this particular music market and yet we can't get our shit together and set some things straight. I mean WHAT THE FUCK.
Architek, TONS of people love this music, but because anyone can (and do) download everything off the internet, 99% of people don't give a shit about vinyl and cd's and tapes. Almost every friend I have who still loves this music and used to collect vinyl have stopped and just download everything. Why? BECAUSE IT'S FREE!!! Me, I love vinyl and always have... and in general I just love the physical product of cd's and vinyl.

So what, now your problem with Sergent Records is their prices??? If so, were you and everyone else complaining about and boycotting One Leg Up Records when they were charging $80 per release? One thing I've noticed about Sergent Records is the first 3 days of new releases they always group some of them together for a really good deal. Right now the Rampage 2xLP is selling for 65 Euros, the Saskwatch Iron LP is sellin for 25 euros and the Rawberry & Sneadr EP is sellin for 15 Euros makin that a total of 105 Euros. The first 3 days of those releases they were grouped together for 60 Euros, which is what I purchased. Seems like a pretty damn good deal if you ask me... you just gotta be payin attention and act fast! Whatever the case, stop complaining and just buy the records you want. I dunno man. *shrugs*

And for the record, I have been buyin Hiphop vinyl since 1989 so I truly hate these prices, but I have accepted them and know that if I want some of these records I'm gonna have to pay for them. It's my choice. *shrugs*

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Stieflkater wrote:HE HAS TAKEN MP3s and TURNED EM INTO VINYL RELEASES!

I'd never buy the Rampage LP, because dude wanted to be a greedy fuck in the first place.
OK, so he pressed up some mp3's on vinyl. Why is this such a huge deal for you? Just don't buy those fuckin releases then. Seems pretty simple to me. And it seems like he's only done it twice... Foul Play and Mobb Deep. To be honest though, I think plenty of artists have done this cuz there's new releases that I'll pick up when they become available on vinyl and I swear it sounds like the artist simply too the mp3's and pressed'em. I do think that's pretty fuckin lame, but it is what it is. I don't know what else to say. But you and others do seem pretty damn upset about it.

Now what's your issue with the Rampage LP? What does the Sergend dude bein a "greedy fuck" have to do with anything??? If the Rampage LP is dope, and it is, then wouldn't you wanna own it? C'mon, son! smh

bad-cop wrote:Sergent did take those Foul Play MP3s I manage to get hold of and get approval to share online by the artist himself. While I didn't make a financial loss myself, I spent a lot of time and effort getting those tracks to the public, and I'm sure I could have hooked someone up to make proper limited release. Just saying...
OK, so you're mad about this??? I mean, if the ARTIST himself gave the ok, then why would you trip??? I'm just not understanding you guys...
The artist newer gave the OK to bootleg the release for Sergent to make a profit for himself. It's just bad manners. This doesn't keep me up a night, so I suggest we end this discussion now as it's not super productive. Agree to disagree...
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

@Wicked: I was talking about Rampage being a greedy fuck. OUT

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Sergent does release some nice stuff, wouldn't mind a rip of that Triflicts 12," but refuse to pay for obvious reasons...

BC

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

bad-cop wrote:Sergent does release some nice stuff, wouldn't mind a rip of that Triflicts 12," but refuse to pay for obvious reasons...

^You would rather accept a lame mp3 rip instead of actually buyin the viny? That's some straight up sucker shit. Forreal!

Verge

Post by Verge »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
bad-cop wrote:Sergent does release some nice stuff, wouldn't mind a rip of that Triflicts 12," but refuse to pay for obvious reasons...

^You would rather accept a lame mp3 rip instead of actually buyin the viny? That's some straight up sucker shit. Forreal!
dude, no it's not. i hate keeping this discussion on but if i was BC i'd be damned to support someone who bootlegged something that i put in some work to get the artist to share it either. I don't think your comprehending the logic here.

enough already.

so, i hear SOS is getting ready to drop those Lord Finesse beats. Nice! They do shit right never taking cheap shortcuts.

http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2014/06/ ... ct-re.html