Get Your Read On... (books, mags, etc.)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Carlito Roc

Post by Carlito Roc »

BLAKETHOUGHT wrote:I'm surprised no one made mention of the 2 Brian Coleman contributions "rakim told me" & "check the technique". For the most part "check..." is an expanded version of the other however it doesn't include the chapter about ultramagnetic which is a reason for purchasing both. Essentially its liner notes to some classic albums. It's like the blue note format meets the golden age of hip hop. Honestly everyone needs these books. They're easy reads with insight on the songs, albums, and process from start to finish of classics. Enjoy
Got those in the stash. Read them a few years ago. 2 good books, worth a re-read .
TCK Krew. You know how we do..

http://tckonbroadway.podbean.com/

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I am getting a copy of Check The Technique and The Ego Trip Big Book of Rap Lists soon...essential items.

Are either of those available as e-books?

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I was going to mention the Ego Trip book, I still have that somewhere. Did they ever make a second volume?
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

The Ego Trip Big Book Of Racsim is brilliant too.

I've owned multiple copies of Rap Lists over the years.

I recently read Prodigy, Ice-T and J-Zone's books - all fantastic reads. Currently reading Flavor Flav's book, but it's nowhere near as good as the books I read before.