LL COOL J destroyed tracks any info

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Deejay Essemdee

Post by Deejay Essemdee »

DJMIKENICE wrote:K Def actually did the track called strictly for the haters it sounds as tho Primo did it the copy i have is actually radio rip
When I first bought that Japan-only gatefold double vinyl EP "Hip-Hop Dictionary" in 2000, I realy thought that Primo did the beat. A couple years later I was listening to Marley Marl's FUTURE FLAVAS regularly every Sunday night on FutureFlavasOnline.com and would sometimes join the chatroom. The guy who ran the site asked Marley and Marley said HE produced it himself. Is that just Marley taking credit for K-Def's work yet again??? haha I would play that song out in the Clubs/Bars/Lounges I'd spin at too and people would always like it. I still play it out sometimes.

And yo Mike, do you happen to have any other info about the song? I remember someone telling me the vocals were from the early 90's, but the beat was from the later 90's. What do you know???

MosesJonesJr

Post by MosesJonesJr »

step one wrote:
I think its called 'Year Of the Hip Hop'. I heard it around the time 'Mr Smith' was about to drop.

LL Cool J - Year Of The Hip Hop.mp3 - 3.59MB
This was earlier than "Mr. Smith" I have it on a tape from 1993. Shit is dope and can't wait until a good quality version drops

-