post a random picture of your lp/tape/cd collection

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

glavet wrote:and that Knucklehedz..... :ohsh:
You sometimes get that @ebay, the last time somebody bought the album for just a few dollars. Here is the link to the last auction:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=018

Hush

Post by Hush »

I own about 200+ CDs, but I put them all in a binder, stashed the artwork in a small box and threw away the jewel cases (probably a mistake, I know). So mine would just be a picture of an external hard drive plugged into my PC.

nobs

Post by nobs »

my hip hop collection is massive. these are some pics of some of the gems. but i got a bunch of those Ikea Expedits full of 12"s and LPs

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=1616220

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubv0Hc1f-RE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubv0Hc1f-RE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just now seeing this thread... Thanks to the mad pissed off thread.
Here is my collection's newest home. The Garage aka the Chop Shop. Still working on it.

heavyb

Post by heavyb »

Andyman187 wrote:Image

what record is the first in the orange crate?

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

heavyb wrote:
Andyman187 wrote:Image

what record is the first in the orange crate?
:rofl:

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

I don`t have too much time for pictures right now, coz i`m too buzy with opening a record shop :)Once i have more time you can expect more pictures of 3000+ indie hip hop.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

Philaflava wrote:Image
wow, that is f'in dope. Those blown-up framed covers of classic albums are ill. Wish my room looked like that. Real recognize real

godmc

Post by godmc »

nice topic - will post a picture of some tapes and lps when i'm back home.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote: wow, that is f'in dope. Those blown-up framed covers of classic albums are ill. Wish my room looked like that. Real recognize real
Thanks! But those are actually vinyl covers, they aren't blown up. You can buy frames like that online or if you're in the U.S. at Michaels, Bed Bath & Beyond or even Urban Outfitters. Anyone can do what I did.

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

What about the gold 'disc' in the background, where did that came from ? sexy setup philaflava

kimani

Post by kimani »

tape maniak wrote:I don`t have too much time for pictures right now, coz i`m too buzy with opening a record shop :)
I would definitely like to visit your record shop, when will it be open? And where will it be, aren't you in Ireland? or am I confusing you with someone else? Anyway, nice records and good luck with the shop.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

kimani wrote:
tape maniak wrote:I don`t have too much time for pictures right now, coz i`m too buzy with opening a record shop :)
I would definitely like to visit your record shop, when will it be open? And where will it be, aren't you in Ireland? or am I confusing you with someone else? Anyway, nice records and good luck with the shop.
Thanks a lot kimani, you can check your Pm for more info.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

philosophic wrote:What about the gold 'disc' in the background, where did that came from ? sexy setup philaflava
Those you can't buy. Those are gold record plaques from the record label. Well actually you probably could buy plaques on eBAY but the plaques are usually addressed in someones name.

kennykenken

Post by kennykenken »

Can you tell me how many CDs you have Philaflava?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

nice collections. i gotta get some of that dope wall shelving. my cd's are packed away in my storage room right now.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

kennykenken wrote:Can you tell me how many CDs you have Philaflava?
If I had to guess I'd say around 3500 not including any burns or CDS. That picture only shows 2 shelves the rest are on smaller shelves, crates or boxes in my garage.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

Knowbody wrote:Image

All the pictures are probably like a year old...
what s the name of cd near the senim on third picture?

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

^ slept on fam - audio crack

nobs

Post by nobs »

tape maniak wrote:I don`t have too much time for pictures right now, coz i`m too buzy with opening a record shop :)Once i have more time you can expect more pictures of 3000+ indie hip hop.

i spot Keefy Keef

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

i think its the madflowas ;)

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

mORE INFO ON NOBODY'S SHELVES.

Where'd those come from ?!?

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

tape maniak wrote:
kimani wrote:
Thanks a lot kimani, you can check your Pm for more info.
yo tape, i would appreciate any info on your upcoming store too. I wish there was a store in this joke of a city i live in

kimani

Post by kimani »

It's 13 seperate 183 CD shelves, according to him earlier in the thread.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Knowbody wrote:I made a picture of some of the CD's in my collection, some rare, some just have a nice Cover...

you got that Coup's cover before it got banned! you MUST have printed it out.. did they actually ever put that cover out????

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

^ my brother sold one promo copy of that coup cd yesterday. I had it in the phlea market.

a few advance promo copies came out with the WTC cover before the release date.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i want to rob a whole lot of you
Nets 2022

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

thomasv wrote:^ my brother sold one promo copy of that coup cd yesterday. I had it in the phlea market.

i fucking bid on that shit and got outbid....ofcourse i stopped at $35 dollars...i think it went for 46???.............still looking for one....let me know if you wnat to sell it thomasv

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Cantin wrote:
thomasv wrote:^ my brother sold one promo copy of that coup cd yesterday. I had it in the phlea market.

i fucking bid on that shit and got outbid....ofcourse i stopped at $35 dollars...i think it went for 46???.............still looking for one....let me know if you wnat to sell it thomasv
it went for $54... my brother luckily found 3 copies of it a while back at Amoeba in Hollywood.

He has already sold both copies and he's keeping the last one for his collection. sorry :gyeah: