LONG SHOT "BREAK THE WRATH IN HALF"

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

DJMIKENICE

LONG SHOT "BREAK THE WRATH IN HALF"

Post by DJMIKENICE »

Anybody have a copy of this diggers HOLY GRAIL

"hypnotic" also has a Kane diss by Rakim which i have

"And i don't need to sniff caine to get raw"
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

step one

Post by step one »

does this even exist? i was under the impression it was urban myth
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Hypnotic (192 CBR):
http://sharebee.com/b4521aa9
AllHipHop.com: There was strong rumor back in the day that you and Rakim had secret records dissing each other. His Let The Rhythm Hit ג€˜Em supposedly had a song called ג€œCandy Kaneג€ that never made it. We also heard of a song called ג€œRiff the Raffג€¦ג€

Big Daddy Kane: You heard Let The Rhythm Hit ג€˜Em [and it wasnג€™t on there]ג€¦[laughs]
XXL: Were you and Rakim really set to battle back in the day?

BDK: Nah that was just something that people wanted to see, but it wasnג€™t nothing like that. We never got into it. The closest mightג€™ve been with Rap Mania, because after the success of Rap Mania the guy who put it together, Van Silk he had the idea to do the rap battlesג€¦ But it didnג€™t happen.

XXL: Have you ever imagined what wouldג€™ve happen if the battle actually went down?

BDK: Nah, I wouldnג€™t have to imagine. I know what would happen.

XXL: Oh word? What would happen?

BDK: [Laughs]. Yeah iight!

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=32657
"It would have to be Rakim and KRS-One," Kane answered, when asked whom he would have wanted to battle back in the day in a dream face-off. When asked how the battles would go, Kane displayed the humor that enhanced his obvious lyrical and style acumen in the late '80s and early '90s.

"How would it go?" he asked, before impersonating a boxing commentator. "Out comes Hardy. Griffin retreats back to his corner." (Kane's real name is Antonio Hardy, and Rakim was born William Griffin.)

A big burst of laughter immediately filled the room ("Mad Money" Murph, whom you've heard shouted out in plenty of Kane's records, was there as well). Then, getting a little more serious, Kane explained the rationale behind his dream battle.

"It's the type of thing where, if you gonna battle somebody to prove your greatness, you wanna go to somebody that shares that same seat with you," he said. "Those are probably two of the ones who I felt like [could present a challenge]. Also, [Kool] G Rap, but I've always felt like G Rap was like a brother. With us, it was friendly competition."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/159973 ... addy.jhtml
DX: Now there was another silent competition between you and another remarkably skilled spitter back then. What was your reaction when you first heard ג€œWord to daddy, indeedג€ on Eric B & Rakimג€™s ג€œFollow The Leaderג€?

Big Daddy Kane: Oh, I thought he was talking about me. Growing up and like getting into Hip Hop, I always been a battle rapper. Throughout all my school days, thatג€™s what I did, go up to other schools and battle rappers, go to other projects, park jams, whatever, and battle other rappers. So thatג€™s always been my mentality. And even though I had done met dude, and we was cool ג€“ me and Eric B was real tight ג€“ when I heard that [line] I didnג€™t look at in a way of like, ג€œOh fuck that dude,ג€ or like, ג€œIג€™ma steal this muthafucka when I see him.ג€ But you know, Ra [is] a little dude anyway. But it wasnג€™t nothing like that, it was just the type of thing where Iג€™m like, ג€œOh okay, cool, well, now we gonna let the people see then.ג€

DX: Wasnג€™t he just responding to ג€œSet It Offג€ though? ג€œRap soloist, you donג€™t want none of this.ג€ Wasnג€™t he justified in his response?

Big Daddy Kane: Well, what happened was we spoke [after ג€œFollow The Leaderג€]. He claimed that people was telling him, ג€œYo, he talking about you when he said ג€˜Rap soloist, you donג€™t want none of this.ג€™ג€ And I told him I thought he was talking about me with the ג€œword to daddy.ג€ He said that he wasnג€™t talking about me. And I explained to him that I wasnג€™t talking about him. Iג€™m like, ג€œYeah on ['Eric B Is President'] you said, ג€˜And you know that Iג€™m the soloist.ג€™ג€ But Iג€™m like, ג€œLetג€™s just keep in mind, any rapper that rhymeג€™s alone is a soloist.ג€ So on ג€œSet It Offג€ what Iג€™m referring to is myself, saying that Iג€™m the rap soloist, [and the] competition donג€™t want none of this. Iג€™m like, ג€œHeavy D is a rap soloist. Kwame is a rap soloist. Anybody that rhymeג€™s alone is a soloist.ג€ So I explained to dude, ג€œNah, you canג€™t hog the title [to] yourself.ג€

DX: I understand [before that conversation] you had a diss record cocked and ready for the R?

Big Daddy Kane: Yeah. I had something ready. And apparently he had something ready too. But what happened was Eric Bג€™s brother, Ant Live, used to be my road manager. And some girl gave me a picture that said, "Dear Kane, I wanna set it off and get r-a-w, ainג€™t no half steppinג€™ ג€˜cause Iג€™m gonna break your wrath in half." And I asked her, ג€œWhat did [you] mean by break the wrath in half?ג€ And she said, ג€œRakim has a song called ג€˜Break the Wrath In Half.ג€™ג€ And when Eric Bג€™s brother, Ant, heard this and saw how hereג€™s somebody sitting here trying to speak on this - like they done heard this song and they know this is true ג€“ thatג€™s when [he] was like, ג€œYo this shit going too far. Yג€™all need to talk.ג€ So Ant called Ra and put me on the phone and we talked.

DX: Any plans [to] work together ever [materialize]?

Big Daddy Kane: MCA [Records tried] to get us together. Heavy D tried to get us together too.

DX: Yeah, I heard about ג€œDonג€™t Curse.ג€ Ra was supposed to be on that [in place of CL Smooth].

Big Daddy Kane: Yeah. And like, I was on MCA Records [along with Rakim] for a short stint [during the construction of the Daddyג€™s Home album]. The President of Black Music and the A&R dude, they tried to get us together to do something. I donג€™t really know [what happened]. Iג€™ve heard that dude is like real funny [about] working with other people, so I never really stressed it. It donג€™t make me none. It donג€™t really make me no difference.

DX: But you wouldnג€™t be opposed to maybe getting together in the future or something like that?

Big Daddy Kane: Nah, I donג€™t have a problem [with that]. Iג€™ve worked with a whole lot of artists, from different levels. I donג€™t have a problem with it, but I mean, it ainג€™t like the dream song that Iג€™ve envisioned. It ainג€™t nothing that Iג€™m looking forward to.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/ ... -equal/p.1

step one

Post by step one »

Robbie just posted a new Freddie Foxx interview at unkut.com:
Did you ever hear a Rakim track about Kane called ג€˜Break The Wrath In Halfג€™?

[chuckles] Yeah, he made it. It wasnג€™t a record, it was a verse, I think. He said it in a verse, I donג€™t think it was a record if Iג€™m not mistaken.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com